FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
JoyeSmith

new to dungeons as a tank or damage

I have run lower level dungeons but now I would like to be a tank or damage but got kicked off because I don't know what to do.  Where can I find out how to act or conduct business as a tank or damage character correctly. Hate getting kicked off a dungeon.

• Like 1

well, if you're new to both I would advise sticking with DPS for now. to get more info I will need more info, what class are you for instance. and describe your rotation etc.

Howdy JoyeSmith,

There are a few places just on this site that can be excellent resources for you.  First, there is the generic Tank guide in the class guide section, that will help with the endgame tanking basics regardless of class.  Then, you can look up your class and spec in the class guides and get a more focused walk-through of abilities, rotations, and general concerns.  After you've brushed up on your stuff, you can then watch some videos (tankspot, youtube, etc.) to get a feel for each instance and their unique mechanics.  Also, if you find the guides to be lacking in something, you can always read the forums for all the information we've shared with each other, and if you still can't find your answer, ask the question yourself (but you seem to know that one!).

Good luck, and cheers!

smile.png

Howdy JoyeSmith,

There are a few places just on this site that can be excellent resources for you.  First, there is the generic Tank guide in the class guide section, that will help with the endgame tanking basics regardless of class.  Then, you can look up your class and spec in the class guides and get a more focused walk-through of abilities, rotations, and general concerns.  After you've brushed up on your stuff, you can then watch some videos (tankspot, youtube, etc.) to get a feel for each instance and their unique mechanics.  Also, if you find the guides to be lacking in something, you can always read the forums for all the information we've shared with each other, and if you still can't find your answer, ask the question yourself (but you seem to know that one!).

Good luck, and cheers!

smile.png Good advice .... rolleyes.gif

ph34r.png Yet missing 3 rules i do follow in wow:

1- Always ask a Friend online in wow the how to...

2- Guild members often will help ya on tuning your specialization, will do this in multi runs on dungeons or even in gear advices and so on till ya perfect it...If not then you´re in the wrong guild...sad.png

3- Practise a lot, don´t ever be ashame to ask in party or raid for directions...

And above all DON´T  EVER STOP BELIEVING IN YOURSELF...

Just remember the Good Players always start from scratch level...smile.png

ph34r.png ReSpEcTph34r.png

Edited by Invodkae
  • Like 1

Im not promoting my guilds, I am just saying, if you are still having troubles I talked to our tanks and healers and they would be more than happy to help. If youre interested friend me [email protected]. Our Horde Guild is US/Kul Tiras/Shadow of the Horde. Alliance Guild is US/Sisters of Elune/Midnight Mafia. You dont have to join the guilds and its not required. We will take you on runs with us and they will work with you through Ventrillo on your tanking or healing abilities. If you would like to join once you see how we roll, youre always welcome.

I hate to see peeps get kicked out of runs but it happens. I saw it twice last night on 2 Cata runs and you certainly should NOT get discouraged...especially on heelz...thats one tough job!

Take care and Good Luck!

Mikey