FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Worgage

[Arcane Mage] Need an expert of stats.

Hello guys, I've just registered to this forum because I'm really desperate. I'm a 906 Arcane Mage and my dps is a total sh*t. I really think my main problem are my stats. You can check my armory to see what i'm wearing and my stats balance.

My current stats are 28%,30%,28%,4% (Crit, Haste, Mastery & Vers). My haster is pretty high because I have two haste trinkets. My alternatives are StarGate (880), Fury Of The Burning Sky (890) or Infernal Writ (885). 

Could you please give me some tips on what stat to focus? I have other armor pieces to change my stats, but I don't know what kind of % It's the best for me.

I main Arcane. I'm fairly new but have done my research and consistently do decent dps and out dps some mages my ilvl (900).

Now, I'm no expert, but to me, your stats look about what I would aim for.

On 19-4-2017 at 1:38 AM, Worgage said:

Hello guys, I've just registered to this forum because I'm really desperate. I'm a 906 Arcane Mage and my dps is a total sh*t. I really think my main problem are my stats. You can check my armory to see what i'm wearing and my stats balance.

My current stats are 28%,30%,28%,4% (Crit, Haste, Mastery & Vers). My haster is pretty high because I have two haste trinkets. My alternatives are StarGate (880), Fury Of The Burning Sky (890) or Infernal Writ (885). 

Could you please give me some tips on what stat to focus? I have other armor pieces to change my stats, but I don't know what kind of % It's the best for me.

My armory; https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/draenor/emberfrost

Sweet spot Arcane Mage 7.2.5 stats, based on personal playtesting (Sims, dummy runs ingame and actual raids like full ToS N, some HC, and full NH N/HC) with the baseline taken from SimC - note that this is with a Kilt legendary, which is essential to be decent with the spec.

7k-8.5k Crit (or enough to at least hit 30-33%, racials and relics can be used to good effect here)

3k-6k Vers (depending on Ilvl, starting with 3k to 4k at ilvl 890 / NH HC gear)

7.5k-10k Haste (again, highly dependant on ilvl and your trinkets. If you use a Metronome (and if you don't, you really should) stay towards the lower end, maxing at 9k give or take.

And: as low Mastery as you can get (yes, as LOW as possible, going below 20% no problem, don't go below 17% though, which is hard to achieve anyway because Aluneth and Kilt give Mastery anyway)

Stat Weights depend entirely on current gear setups because while Haste is quite essential to push DPS, it falls off sharply beyond 25% or so. Having low Mastery allows you to push more into Crit while maintaing Haste. Versatility must be your first priority, because it is a blanket damage increase regardless of how many Arcane Charges you have at the time, while Mastery only pays off at 4 Charges. This is super counter intuitive (as high Mastery would allow more casts out of a mana bar, right??) but give it a shot, and you will see that every secondary stat scales miles better than investing in Mastery.

Once you get the baseline 3k vers, 8k haste, invest everything you have in Crit and let the ilevel increases from future upgrades push the numbers for you further. If you can avoid a Mastery item, do so, but don't make it a super huge deal, because Intellect still scales best of them all.

For Arcane Mage any ilevel increase that nets an Intellect increase, is the biggest boost in every situation. Don't drop more than 5 ilevels per item, and never more than 15 ilevels per full gear setup just to get secondary stats that are higher priority - you will almost always end up doing lower dps.

Edited by Vayra
  • Like 1