FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Khag

Akainu + Ring

I'm currently using the ring and wrist legendaries to make most of golden trait and the wrist buff, however I noticed a lot of people using this combination have switched to Hothand.

I am still using boulderfist with this due to askmrrobot simulator showing it 10k higher than hothand build which has confused me a little?

Also I have a nightblooming frond 895 with a mastery gem on it - also sims like 5k higher than my 890 convergence of faith.

Has anyone got an idea why this is the case with my simulations? I'd appreciate your help

Hot Hand with the ring and Akainu bracers makes a lot of sense, if you also have Nighthold 4p. HH proc feeds SB which feeds HH which feeds.. and so on. It works, but HH/Hailstorm/FoA is very strange to play with the double procs, maelstrom dance with FoA and Rockbiter, and maintaining three self-buffs. It's up to you whether you think a little bit of extra potential is worth having to mess around with add-ons to figure out what the f you're supposed to be pressing.

The best in slot for single target at the moment is Hothands+akainu+ring, using Hailstorm instead of ancestral since you are utilizing akainu.

I agree....Then why is askmrrobot still simming boulderfist + hailstorm + akainu and ring higher than same with hothand, I have no idea :(

I noticed that almost none of the top parses on WL are using FoA anymore. They've universally abandoned it and gone to Crashing Storm, which I expect is because of the new artifact traits granting more Crash Lightning damage. I'm also seeing a few oddballs that use Sundering.. they are a minority but I can see the logic.

I called the Hot Hand + Hailstorm build way back in January, by the way, and just now people are starting to adopt it en masse. But that was before the buff to CS which caused people to abandon Fury of Air.

https://www.icy-veins.com/forums/topic/27689-715-tuning/?do=findComment&comment=200387

Edited by Tarazet