FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Sleestax

Mr Robot Question

So i got some new gear today in SoO and Flex SoO. I went to Mr Robot to see what i might need to do. I was telling me to re-gem and reforge everything to crit... is that possible?

I have the same question. What was the answer that you found please??

Trent?  OMG.  Huuuuge fan.  So like, the answer is, *yes*, it's possible that it can tell you to reforge everything to crit.

Can I have free tickets to your next show?

• Like 1

Not sure.  I've never used Mr. Robot for stat ratings, just for reforging/gemming my gear.  I set my own stat priorities.

Well I guess the question is why Icy Veins guide says Haste-Mastery bue Mr Robot says Crit...

I'll think about your free tickets..

It might take some time for Icy Veins to update their guides.

As for Mr. Robot, I'm guessing that demo and destro have been changed to favouring crit because of the changes to RPPM. The way I understand it, a lot of the trinket procs (including those from almost all lock trinkets) have been changed to have a base proc rate and no longer scale with haste. This may be why Ask Mr. Robot is currently showing crit as king with demo and destro, although I find it kinda weird that it wouldn't just default to mastery > haste > crit if that was the case. Maybe someone else has a better explanation?

All I can say is, AMR is wrong.  Feel free to test out crit and get back to us though.  :D

So I'm having the problem of AMR telling me to use Exp/Mast gems instead of Int/Mast in all my red slots, unless I drop my hit scale to be below everything else except crit.

So I'm having the problem of AMR telling me to use Exp/Mast gems instead of Int/Mast in all my red slots, unless I drop my hit scale to be below everything else except crit.

AMR will do that because it puts a high value in getting you capped.  It doesn't see that 80 Intellect being worth more than 160 Expertise, but I do.  To fix this, click on your gems and click the little padlock icon.  This will 'lock' your gems in and force AMR to reoptimize without changing your gem profile.  You can do this with enchants as well.  Highly recommended.

I think the CRIT re-forging has to do with our new set bonuses.

Yeah Ormaric i would try it out if my toons weren't broke all the time : /

At 25% crit, I had a high uptime on the UA crit effect from Aff T16 2pc.  You don't need to stack crit for that effect to happen.  Stacking Crit to get critical strikes from Conflagrate for Destro T16 2pc is silly because you can only use Conflagrate a very limited amount of time.  The Destro 2pc set bonus is INCREDIBLY disappointing.  Demo's 2pc has no crit effect.  The Crit reforging has lots to do with increasing the Ember generation for Destruction.  Most of AMR's stat weights are based off of stand and pew pew single target fights of which there are none.

Focus more on improving your rotation and spell priorities and worry less about your stats.

AMR will do that because it puts a high value in getting you capped.  It doesn't see that 80 Intellect being worth more than 160 Expertise, but I do.  To fix this, click on your gems and click the little padlock icon.  This will 'lock' your gems in and force AMR to reoptimize without changing your gem profile.  You can do this with enchants as well.  Highly recommended.

One of my recent "optimized" gear specs they recommended had everything expertise, haha.

160 expertise can be worth more than the 80 int:

We agree that 160 mastery/haste is worth more than 80 int or you'd be gemming the straight 160 int red gems, right?. Therefore, if you can dump intervals of 160 hit on your gear that instead could be reforged into haste/mastery, then the use of expertise+mastery/haste (or even straight expertise) gems is preferred.

But as you said, your rotation is more important than the minor gains from 80 int vs 160 mastery/haste gemming.

I hate Hit/Expertise stats.  It's just a budget you have to meet in terms of gear.  That said, my gems need to feel powerful.  Not meeting some budget.  It's a preference thing to me.  Lots of Warlocks go the Expertise/Mastery route.  Neither are necessarily correct.  Some just do things different and that's A-OK!

Oh wow. I didn't realize that was possible. Thanks a ton!

Glad to be of assistance.  Tools are only as good as you know how to use them.  AMR has lots of neat features most overlook.

Another question, though. When it's doing haste thresholds does it take into account PBI if you have it, or do you have to manually input the lower number?

Good question...not sure, let me see if I can find the answer.  If not, you can just plug in a manual Haste cap and it'll do the same work.