FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
InannaMoon

Ilvl for SoO?

Doesn't seem that I can find a straight answer online and stuck at work today so can't login. :(

Can anyone confirm that gear levels are as follows:

LFR: 528

Flex: 536

Normal: 553

Heroic: 566

With minimum sarcasm, please? Thanks. ;)

LFR: 528

Flex: 540

Norm: 553/559

Heroic: 566/572

Since you said no sarcasm, I won't link you that "Let me Google That For You" specialty fun I do ;)

Thanks, guys.

And I did Google it, Zagam, but Mr. Google was inconsistent with his answers so I decided to defer to the expertise here instead. ;)

A bit better than what I hoped and might not necessitate a guild change, but we'll see how it goes tomorrow night at the meeting....

Thanks, guys.

And I did Google it, Zagam, but Mr. Google was inconsistent with his answers so I decided to defer to the expertise here instead. ;)

A bit better than what I hoped and might not necessitate a guild change, but we'll see how it goes tomorrow night at the meeting....

Curious as to what you mean. If not jumping right into regular SoO, keep in mind that the first couple bosses are not bad at all. My guild has very little heroic gear from ToT and had little trouble with first few bosses. Edited by Cedrin

Immerseus is puggable...SO puggable.  I'd argue more puggable than Jin'rokh.  Stone Guard was the hardest intro boss this expansion.  Protectors is also easy.  Norushen is the first mechanic check and Sha of Pride is the first DPS check.

Cedrin, I'm in a small but usually very friendly guild atm. Very un-l33t. We have enough regulars for a 10 man team but not enough for 2 of them. I'm in the awful and awkward place of waiting for the proverbial crumbs to drop from the weekly raid night table in order to do anything other than LFR. I was hoping that with flexi coming in to play, it would be enticing enough for the guild to run flexi to start but my gut feeling is that the difference in ilvl is just too great and the regulars won't want to make the sacrifice just so more people can join.

As you can guess, it's enormously frustrating to be in a guild where you really enjoy the company but feel you don't have a chance (barring a /ragequit from a team member) to progress much.

As I see it, I have 3 options:

1. Try and be satisfied with what I have and be grateful when someone is absent and I can play substitute. 

2. Find another guild.

3. Ignore it and pvp my frustrations out. >.<

I very much welcome any other suggestions!

@Zagam: You can't say PUG without saying Ugh! :( But yeah, I guess I could always stand in the middle of Ogrimmar and sell my soul for better loot.

Oh wait. I'm a lock. I don't have a soul. Mwahahahaha! cool.png

I have heard flex was pretty easy thus far so that is a good option to semi learn the fights with your guild and get some loot. Guild orginized flex or even pug would be way less frustrating than first week lfr probably. Good luck!

Edited by Cedrin

I see you're in the UK

Cedrin, I'm in a small but usually very friendly guild atm. Very un-l33t. We have enough regulars for a 10 man team but not enough for 2 of them. I'm in the awful and awkward place of waiting for the proverbial crumbs to drop from the weekly raid night table in order to do anything other than LFR. I was hoping that with flexi coming in to play, it would be enticing enough for the guild to run flexi to start but my gut feeling is that the difference in ilvl is just too great and the regulars won't want to make the sacrifice just so more people can join.

As you can guess, it's enormously frustrating to be in a guild where you really enjoy the company but feel you don't have a chance (barring a /ragequit from a team member) to progress much.

As I see it, I have 3 options:

1. Try and be satisfied with what I have and be grateful when someone is absent and I can play substitute. 

2. Find another guild.

I very much welcome any other suggestions!

I see you're in the UK. Do you happen to play on a US server?

No, Twinkie. I'm on EU Steamweedle Cartel. 

So if anyone knows of a guild needing a decently geared and very reputable and good tempered warlock, please let me know. ;)

No, Twinkie. I'm on EU Steamweedle Cartel. 

So if anyone knows of a guild needing a decently geared and very reputable and good tempered warlock, please let me know. wink.png

I know of one!!!

but....