FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Shiggs

Frost DK dps help

Hi I was hoping you could look over my Star Auger log and tell me what I am doing wrong. I took RA over gathering storm to help me with the rotation and prevent early BoS loss, but I felt this was a good pull for me and the numbers don't show thaT. I seem to plummet more than other DK'sduring the BoS downtime, but again I am not sure. Thanks in advance. 

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/sargeras/Shiggs/simple

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/yW8wNk36JrvXhT1A#fight=5

Shiggs

Edited by Shiggs

Well you can try and compare yourself to my logs: Vacivity, EU kazzak. 

First off:  the fight is 4 min 40 seconds log, you should've been able to fit 3 breaths and 2 sindragosa's fury inside that window, you managed to only fit 2 and 1 in. Use everything on pull after a few seconds of runic power buildup. Second off your mastery rating seems low - after like 25% crit and 20% haste you just want to dump the rest into mastery - and in that note, chrono shard is a horrible trinket for BoS build. 

Also your breath uptime is too low - below 30 seconds is not good enough, even without the ring. Make sure to pool atleast 90 runic power, have a few runes up and hold onto HRW for as long as possible before you pop it. And make as HRW time out you have maximum runic power as well. You should aim for at least 40+ seconds everytime, hopefully more with some AMS soaking and bloodlust. 

And never ever go runic attuniation, gathering storm beats it by a mile, even if you lose a few seconds on breath. Breath is NOT the main source of your damage, howling blast is. Get howling blast relic, stack mastery and spend all those rime procs immediately! And for the note of gathering storm, during your HRW you really wanna push it so you can overlap the new remorless winter so it starts with 10 stacks already up. This might be hard and may require you to spam a few extra obliterates over rime procs, but it's worth it. 

I only got 2 because I saved the second breath for hero during the add. At 4:40 I would still only get 1 fury in since it's a five minute cd.

I feel like I get screwed with my uptime with movement on that fight. If I get the icy injection or whatever it is that I have to run out by the time I get back my BoS is down. I do have the helm should I go to that and the bracers? I will change back into GS. 

Do you hold off on breath with just auto attacks to get your runes regenned to the point where you can start breath or just keep going until you get enough procs to refill the runes from the 4pc.

4 hours ago, Shiggs said:

I only got 2 because I saved the second breath for hero during the add. At 4:40 I would still only get 1 fury in since it's a five minute cd.

I feel like I get screwed with my uptime with movement on that fight. If I get the icy injection or whatever it is that I have to run out by the time I get back my BoS is down. I do have the helm should I go to that and the bracers? I will change back into GS. 

Do you hold off on breath with just auto attacks to get your runes regenned to the point where you can start breath or just keep going until you get enough procs to refill the runes from the 4pc.

Well the add spawned at 4:05 so you should be almost able to have 3rd breath up by then. Also with the newer golden traits sindragosa will drop to a 3min CD, it's definitely worth pursuing and probably why you have a bad log - you simply don't have as many traits as the top players. A tip for star augur -  AMS actually removes the icy ejection, but be aware it still causes AOE explosion to other people, so quickly wraith walk out and AMS it off. Same goes for fel ejection, can be completely removed by AMS. The helmet is no longer that good on single target after the nerf and new golden traits. Ring, wrist and belt are all competive in any combination, while helmet dropping slightly behind. It's still the 4th best so chose if you don't have the others. 

The main things to improve on: Remorless winter uptime with gathering storm, sustained breath a bit longer, this means a lot of pooling and having runes ready on pull and holding on to HRW for as long as possible. And generally you need to get more artifact power to stay competitetive - the high logs DKs are all 47+ traits at the moment. 

I have the wrist/legs/helm so I will stay with the wrist/belt. Thanks for the AMS tip I did notice it doing that, but I was always waiting for the end of the cast so I always thought it was a coincidence. I do have the trait for Sindragosas fury so I will definitely use that more for the fight. Knowing that I can get rid of the injections as long as AMS definitely will allow me an extra breath. Thanks I appreciate the tips a lot

23 hours ago, Shiggs said:

Thank you my numbers were up a lot last night. Just gotta get better during the high movement fights like Elisandre.

Practice helps immensely with that. Glad to hear you're on the up!