FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
BigVince

Artifact assigned to main hand.

Sorry, i don't understand your question. I think there is a big missunderstandig on your side, because you haven't a choice to assign artifact power to your main or offhand. It counts as one artifact and your are investing artifact power into that weapon. Does this answer your question?

I see warriors with their main hand at over 900 and their off hand at 750. How do they do that and is it a benefit? The same with prot, I see some with their shield over 900 and their sword at 750.

11 minutes ago, BigVince said:

I see warriors with their main hand at over 900 and their off hand at 750. How do they do that and is it a benefit? The same with prot, I see some with their shield over 900 and their sword at 750.

The artifacts that require "two" weapons always have things prioritized to their primary slot. A Fury / Prot Warrior will have everything put into their "main hand" (although I think the Prot actually puts everything into the shield but I may be wrong).

Either way, these artifacts are counted as 1 item. You notice that the Fury and Prot artifact weapon, when unequipped, are not two separate pieces; it's one item.

You're thinking too hard on this. The bottom line is the item level / relics are put into the artifact itself, which is one item, and not individual pieces such as an offhand / shield vs main hand.

On 4/23/2017 at 10:39 PM, BigVince said:

I'm a fury warrior and I want to reassign my artifact power only to my main hand weapon, not both. How do I do this?

What you are seeing is a UI bug.  Both Main hand and off hand are the same ilevel.