FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Sangdraxus

BM Legendary Confusion

I have been running Simulcraft... picked up the Apex ring, already have mantle of command (which I will always wear), but I also have the boots...  Icy says that the ring rates higher over the boots, but I am not seeing it in the numbers... am I missing something.  I guess my question is, should I raid with shoulders and ring, or shoulders and boots...

1 hour ago, Sangdraxus said:

I have been running Simulcraft... picked up the Apex ring, already have mantle of command (which I will always wear), but I also have the boots...  Icy says that the ring rates higher over the boots, but I am not seeing it in the numbers... am I missing something.  I guess my question is, should I raid with shoulders and ring, or shoulders and boots...

Wouldn't it kinda depend on what your other item is for each of the 2 slots? If you have an awesome ring but crappy feet as far as epics go that'd skew it a bit. Plus remember crit becomes ur best stat and mastery 2nd best if you have the shoulders so by having the shoulders I think that would at least in theory make the ring better. Does ur other epic ring when you put shoulders and feet on have bad secondary stats?

Edited by peteed1985

Shoulders and boots anyday

the effect on ring is extremely weak and statstick is pretty meh.

The boots together with shoulds is insane. Especially with about 30% crit and OWTP it is better than  cof +bracers.

Definitly go boots for pretty much every fight ( arguable on skorpyron ) 

Edited by Najjic

Just now, peteed1985 said:

Plus remember crit becomes ur best stat and mastery 2nd best if you have the shoulders so by having the shoulders

This is not the case anymore

Mastery is above everything. Even if you are running OWTP with shoulds + boots

2 hours ago, Najjic said:

Shoulders and boots anyday

the effect on ring is extremely weak and statstick is pretty meh.

The boots together with shoulds is insane. Especially with about 30% crit and OWTP it is better than  cof +bracers.

Definitly go boots for pretty much every fight ( arguable on skorpyron ) 

2 hours ago, Najjic said:

This is not the case anymore

Mastery is above everything. Even if you are running OWTP with shoulds + boots

Depends on your own simulations; the only reason it shows the ring higher than boots on icy-veins is because it's no longer including them together. They can still be a valuable combination.

Be careful gearing up too much towards crit though, or running OWTP: most hunters are now finding it better to use the boots in tandem with Killer Cobra instead of replacing it. Try it out and see what you find better though.

• Like 1

The Apex ring has been fairly weak since it got nerfed in 7.1.5, so I'm not sure why it's so high in the list at the moment.  In any case it depends on what pieces of gear you are wearing in its place, any legendary is awesome if it's replacing a bad piece of gear. My own sims show that Shaldrassil's Roots are better than both the ring and the boots, and they aren't even listed as a "useful" legendary.

The crit build with OWTP is definitely not top anymore. I used to use it, but the new traits from 7.2 have better synergy for Bestial Fury + Dire Frenzy. Crit is still very good if you have the shoulders, whereas without them crit is a horrible stat.

On 4/28/2017 at 3:42 AM, Khallid said:

The Apex ring has been fairly weak since it got nerfed in 7.1.5, so I'm not sure why it's so high in the list at the moment.  In any case it depends on what pieces of gear you are wearing in its place, any legendary is awesome if it's replacing a bad piece of gear. My own sims show that Shaldrassil's Roots are better than both the ring and the boots, and they aren't even listed as a "useful" legendary.

The crit build with OWTP is definitely not top anymore. I used to use it, but the new traits from 7.2 have better synergy for Bestial Fury + Dire Frenzy. Crit is still very good if you have the shoulders, whereas without them crit is a horrible stat.

In regards to the Apex ring; it's significantly better if you're running bracers or belt, but without either of those two to pair it it's really just nice for the extra pet mobility. I still use the Apex ring because it sims almost 20k higher than legs, helm, and prydaz, even though the massive amount of crit and low mastery really screws over what other items I can run. 

If you want to run shoulders & boots with OWTP it's still quite good and competitive, but you'll definitely find yourself focus capped more often than not unless you have significantly high crit and mastery; you're better off using mantle to get extra uptime on DF and wait for something like belt or bracers to help with your burst uptime & damage.

I have the legendary Call of the Wild bracers and the fate of converges trinket, my CD is every 40 sec now, for Aspect of the Wild.  my other trinket is Bloodthirsty, since I have not have other legendary besides the legs and the ring The Apex, is this items worth using if I have no other then the 1 i have or is Aspect of the wild not worth the CD, please help

6 hours ago, Frieza said:

I have the legendary Call of the Wild bracers and the fate of converges trinket, my CD is every 40 sec now, for Aspect of the Wild.  my other trinket is Bloodthirsty, since I have not have other legendary besides the legs and the ring The Apex, is this items worth using if I have no other then the 1 i have or is Aspect of the wild not worth the CD, please help

I didn't quite understand your question, but I'm going to assume you wanted to know which of the two legendaries you should use out of either ring/legs? If that's the case, run your own simulations using Simulationcraft to determine whether the ring or legs will be better. Depending on the items you'd be replacing the legendary with is the main thing, but I currently use the ring as I don't have the belt or shoulders yet, and it works fine.

I thank you for your help, but now I have the shoulders and belt, but other BM hunters say that feet works better with shoulders, what you think.. thanks again

7 minutes ago, Frieza said:

I thank you for your help, but now I have the shoulders and belt, but other BM hunters say that feet works better with shoulders, what you think.. thanks again

posting same question in multiple threads? I'll copy and paste my comment...

my question to you is..have you perused this website? Have you looked at the guide on this website? Its right there...like 2 clicks away...like RIGHT THERE..

suggestion: read this websites guide - thank you 

see i am starting to think Luthixx gets paid to post on this site....but people like you need to READ. This site has fanatics guides...stop being lazy and read them. 

23 minutes ago, Frieza said:

FINE i'll answer you...

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/server/206/latest/#class=Hunter&spec=BeastMastery

look at those top dpsers on one of the top US servers....see what they are wearing? 

guess what...those numbers are consistent with what this webpage guide states....guess what you should do? Read the guide!

21 hours ago, Frieza said:

well im lazy, i just want the answers if you can't provide them. don't replay  with your dumb remarks.

WTF? Dumb remarks? Banard gave you one of the best answers possible: real logs that show what legendaries the best players use. If clicking a url link and reading for more than 5 seconds is too complicated for you, then I honestly don't care if you just mash buttons and suck at the game.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Khallid said:

WTF? Dumb remarks? Banard gave you one of the best answers possible: real logs that show what legendaries the best players use. If clicking a url link and reading for more than 5 seconds is too complicated for you, then I honestly don't care if you just mash buttons and suck at the game.

that is ok...i was being mean...sorry...maybe less snark? 

23 hours ago, Frieza said:

well im lazy, i just want the answers if you can't provide them. don't replay  with your dumb remarks.

use sephuz's secret with Prydaz, Xavaric's Magnum Opus and grab yarself a sporebat. You will be topping the meters in no time. 

• Like 1

@Frieza it would honestly take you less time to look at the guide on this website than it would to make a forum post. 

Shoulders & belt are BiS legendaries. Next patch, it will be belt and bracers. 

Both Khallid and Banard make good points, they're doing something basic to help you and if you're going to be rude about that help, don't bother posting. Doesn't mean they said it in the nicest way but they did a lot more to help you than you did to help yourself.

On 2017-5-26 at 11:52 PM, Luthixx said:

Next patch, it will be belt and bracers. 

To early to tell yet....with that change to the ring....that ring is looking awfully nice.  All i know is i need new shoulders and i think we are extending the mythic raid now until guldan is dead :(

1 hour ago, Banard said:

To early to tell yet....with that change to the ring....that ring is looking awfully nice.  All i know is i need new shoulders and i think we are extending the mythic raid now until guldan is dead :(

Was hoping they'd make that an available third slot but not happening :(

5 hours ago, Luthixx said:

Was hoping they'd make that an available third slot but not happening :(

Will have leggos in every slot one of these days given that be the Diablo model....

meanwhile i would not quote anything from the PTR yet...Bendak did a post today that jumped the gun on it. I would just wait...play with numbers but wait. 

Its going to be pretty hard to beat a ring that gives two talents.

Edited by Banard

Legendaries screw up with regular boss looting, so it's generally a bad idea to be able to equip a lot of them at once. If they ever decide to raise it to 3 it will likely happen in the last patch of the expansion.

I also see it very easily for the bracers to drop out of favor. All they have to do is buff ToS trinkets until Convergence of Fates becomes useless. We also don't know for sure if Tier 20 will have any more changes, which will impact legendaries. The new ring keeps changing every week so also can't really comment on that.

44 minutes ago, Khallid said:

Legendaries screw up with regular boss looting, so it's generally a bad idea to be able to equip a lot of them at once. If they ever decide to raise it to 3 it will likely happen in the last patch of the expansion.

let me rephrase that....i dont mean this xpac....but sometimes in the future....orange will be the new purple. 

remember when purples wear rare? (I dont never played until BC and welfare epics bwhahahahahah)

Ah I see what you mean, legendary being the new standard. I started playing on Lich King, so purples were not really rare at that point. It's not impossible, to be honest. Revolutionary new system that doesn't revolutionize anything.

I was also thinking that Diablo-type legendary effects would not really make sense for WoW. Since raids are group battles, it wouldn't make a lot of sense to have insane damage multipliers where one dps could be making literally 100 times more damage than another. But you probably didn't mean that anyway.

Icyveins is pretty good baseline for starting out with a class, however your stat weights change with each piece of gear, sometimes a lot sometimes very small but they do change. The best answer is to use SimCraft (which Icyveins states in each of the class guides as well)  and simulate different setups with your legendaries and follow what it says. For example, right now SimCraft has my hunters stat weights as follows...

Crit = 26.33

Mastery = 24.32

Haste = 24.27

Agility = 23.66

Vers = 19.06

Wpn DPS = 11.08

I am using Legendary shoulders and bracers + CoF trinket btw. I noticed that when I got to about 75-80% mastery and roughly 890 ilvl, Mastery's value started going down a little. I was surprised to see these weights myself (3 secondaries above agility..what?) but SimCraft hasn't let me down yet, i'm at ilvl 900 simming 916k and parsing (Heroic NH) usually at around 80th percentile sometimes hitting in the 90's for my ilvl group. So from what i've seen Simcraft works best especially when coupled with the in-game add-on Pawn. Just keep in mind that each piece of gear can change the weight values, so if you raid and get any gear re-sim your character after the raid.

Edited by Conso