FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Arhol

BoS Uptime & rotation Question

Hello,if i can ask few questions about BoS uptime,first thing - im totally new in frost dk and especially BoS build,also even dont have max lvl,also items are crap (haste is 11% if that matters) 

From Guide  

No Legendary items or tier and HRW is on cool down: Min 30 seconds

No legendary items or tier and HRW is off cool down: Min 60 second

Im not anywhere close to that times,with HRW on CD my max is 11-12 seconds what is just extremely bad,with HRW up,my uptime is 35-40 seconds. (all tested on dummies)

My opener is  HB>RW>Obli>Obli (or rime if proc is on)>Pilar>BoS (if im around 70-80 RP)->HoW if im around 50 RP>HRW (around 30 RP),during BoS im usually try to use obli whenever possible,(also with rime/KM procs).

Should i prioritize RW and HB,or spamming obli is prio? I know about trying to not waste resources,and that take alot of time to get into that build,i just want to know is this super bad,or only bad.

Thanks for help.

Edited by Arhol

HI Arhol

11-12 seconds seems quite low alright. Are you running the horn of winter talent to help you with RP and Rune regen? It might well help out. Your haste is quite low too, as you pointed out so that won't help. 

Are you pooling 90 ish RP before triggering BoS? If you can do that and have at least 3 runes full with the others recharging then that will help too. 

Change your opener to something like this

RW-Obil-Obil-(hope for rime proc)-Oblit/HB , should be capped on RP now and have runes regenerating. Now pop BoS and HRW, spam Obil till you get a rime proc, hit rime, put RW above Oblit if it comes off CD.  During HBW, you will be getting runes so quickly that you want to spend them asap, so RW then Obil unless you have a Rime proc, then use HB.  (This depends slightly on your talent set up, can you list it for us please). Once your RP and runes start to run dry, hit horn of winter to recharge and get another few seconds out of BoS. Getting super long breaths isnt the key goal, getting as much damage done is while keeping up BoS.

Ideally, you can delay Bos a few seconds until both RW and some runes are available. The T19 4 piece helps massively with RP gen and the CoS trinket is amazing too. Start running LFR if you're not doing it already. 

As you get geared up, your rotation/talent set will change slightly to drop horn of winter to take freezing fog. 

Hopefully, this helps and doesn't confuse you more. 

• Like 1

I might also play with when you are popping HRW. 30 RP is shaving it a tad bit close if you are completely out of runes. HRW takes a couple seconds to kick in so that might be your issue. With your haste being rather low you might want to instead pop HRW when completely rune starved and sitting maybe a bit higher around 50 ish RP. I'd just fart around on a training dummy to see what feels good to you. Also, during HRW in general obliterate spam is the thing to do because you will be generating resources so quickly you can't spend them all, however, outside of HRW its a good idea to sort of relax a bit. If you are at say 92 runic power, there is no point in using obliterate because you will over cap runic power losing what could have been a couple more ticks on BOS (really one if i do the math).

So everything shells said by far yes, but also, Play with HRW timing and focus more on relaxing a bit during play, this isn't WOD BOS which was unforgiving as all get out, Frost BOS is a bit more lax. Honestly, its just a practice makes perfect thing. Also as you get tier 19 gear the bonuses really help out. 

Another thing too is if you practice a lot and still struggle make up some logs using warcraftlogs.com and we can look specifically at what you are doing and try to help out more :D

• Like 1

Thanks for answers !

As soon as i get 110 i will prioritize to get T4 set and CoF,if possible also adjust stats to 25% crit,20%  haste and stack mastery.

Legendaries...well are legendaries...

For talents

ME

HoW

HRW

tier 60 & 75 are not important if i remember well

GS

BoS

I believe a few ticks/seconds  of breath  thanks to runic attenuation is not worth it,and overall DPS will be higher with GS.

Currently i will stay with Horn of Winter,it helps me a little bit to keep up BoS,but maybe change it at later stages of game if i will get lucky and get helmet/seal of necrofantasia + 4 set pcs and/or CoF.

Anyway thanks for help and tips.

2 hours ago, Arhol said:

Thanks for answers !

As soon as i get 110 i will prioritize to get T4 set and CoF,if possible also adjust stats to 25% crit,20%  haste and stack mastery.

Legendaries...well are legendaries...

For talents

ME

HoW

HRW

tier 60 & 75 are not important if i remember well

GS

BoS

I believe a few ticks/seconds  of breath  thanks to runic attenuation is not worth it,and overall DPS will be higher with GS.

Currently i will stay with Horn of Winter,it helps me a little bit to keep up BoS,but maybe change it at later stages of game if i will get lucky and get helmet/seal of necrofantasia + 4 set pcs and/or CoF.

Anyway thanks for help and tips

Correct Runic Attenuation just doesn't provide enough juice to be worth while. Also just the way BOS works it has greater synergy with GS and powers it up so its a match made in heaven.