FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Damien

Siege of Orgrimmar Mistweaver Monk Style

HEROIC Tips

H Immerseus

RJW is nice to help dps the small adds that spawn(we have a holy pally with RF on)

Diffuse Magic is great for an extra dispel of the dubuff you gain from the boss

H Protectors

RJW is great for the Sun desperate measures stacking on the edge of the bubble

Look at doing heavy fistweaving on the pull to push Rooks desperate measures before the He Tank cops a stun and makes the transition much easier.

Diffuse magic can help if a Shadow word bane slips through and lands on yourself.

H Norushen

RJW is great if you keep the raid stacked behind the boss and rotate 180o if the death beam comes your way.

H Sha Of Pride

Diffuse magic can help remove an application of mark of arrogance on yourself without gainig pride so can be handy.

Xuen can provide some extra boss dps. I opted to not use RJW as we had the tanks solo the self reflection adds themselves and RJW was causing me to pull threat as the tanks need to focus taunts for wounded pride. less add dps means more boss tunnelling and shorter fight, less pride etc etc

H Galakras

RJW just like normal is quite nice

Transcendance transfer is nice to help protect the tower assault team with 1 ranged dps. Or to move up or down from a tower door faster.

Personally i use ring of peace becuase i can target a player(tank usually) and it moves with them as apposed to leg sweep which requires me to be in range and stuns them on the spot.

Just an FYI i raid 10M

I'm gonna start adding your suggestions.

Although, for Sha of Pride, I'm pretty sure that if you have Mark of Arrogance and you use Diffuse Magic you still will gain pride (assuming you do not have power of the titans on you).  If you do have power of the titans, then its better for you to use Diffuse Magic and then dispel someone else.

This is a normal kill video of sha. @1:38 i use diffuse magic and gain no pride. I doubt the mechanic would differ for heroic but i will check this week in case it was a bug or normal only.

Edit: didnt know it was going to embed the whole video. i can remove if needed.

Edited by Brewmonksta

Hmm. Yea looks like you're right.  If it still does that on heroic then its a bug.  Oh well, as long as it works.

I also need to introduce you to Vuhdo and/or mouseover macros =P

Dude, with a naga you have no excuse =P

CRfFqhC.png

With ctrl modifier:

0Luwcyr.png

The one to the left of Xuen is suppose to be my mana trinket, but I had my tank gear on.. lol

Thank you for reminding me.  I'll try to get them tomorrow, I'm a bit busy today.  I personally have only done these fights through Thok heoric (as a restoration druid) but I'm sure I can think of MW tricks for each one.

H Juggernaught

(i use 3 heal and outrange the cannons in siege phase)

If your mana can sustain it RJW is useful in siege phase when people are being punted and stacking for heals as it can heal while you uplift spam.

Set a decent shock pulse heal rotation. Glyphed Zen Med is nice, Revival with a jade serpent pot.

Diffuse magic is a nice personal for laser burn debuff.

Transcendence transfer can possibly help you avoid a borer drill crossfire and as im writing this may be able to cheese a crawler mine explosion similar to disengage.... hmm ill have to test this.

H Dark Shaman

Go BrM so your 10 man team can 3 tank and 2 heal XD

Diffuse magic can help with the toxic mist debuff, however remembering it wont clear the buff just negate the damage.

Xuen is nice on the pull to cleave down adds, but so is RJW if you are tanking :)

Glyphed Zen med for a falling ash in the final phase is a good idea

H General Nazgrim

I have been using ring of peace on the add tank, mainly so that they can gather the adds without them casting or being stunned. But if you are ranged heavy rolling/transcendence out and leg sweeping an arc weaver/shaman would be helpful.

Disarm the ironblades/assasins

Fistweaving is a good idea for this fight.

H Malkorok

so many wipes...

I see that you guys mention RjW alot, why would you use this instead of torpedo? Torpedo with Celerity gives you 3 strong and free heals.

Torpedo is one of my top heals on many fights. Atleast on fights like Protectors heroic and Galakras heroic.

If i dont use Torpedo, i would take Xuen due to the fact that its free dps and healing. Only place i would pick RjW is Thok heroic. And that is only because its so hard to heal between his screetches.

Can anyone explain to me this facination with RjW?

Its becasue its a new spell and scales very well with Haste.  It also allows you to do AoE healing without moving everywhere or using up roll charges.  Pretty much where ever you can use RJW you can argue the use of Chi Torpedo, though it makes you have to move a lot instead of healing with SCK.

The small reason CT is not used as much is becasue it makes you go away from using SCK while in these stacked fights, which is also why RJW is strong because it allows you to do other things while using SCK.

Basic rundown:

RJW/CT vs Xeun = Stacked vs not stacked

CT vs RJW  = Can I afford to move out of stacked position and wont use RJW almost on CD vs I cant move from the stack point, or I'll get fucked if i move

Can anyone explain to me this facination with RjW?

Other than what Krazy has already posted,

It is also good for dps on aoe fights like galakras, shamans on the pull, spoils, Garrosh.

For me the main reason i prefer it is the fact that yes, i dont move while its active and i can cast other spells at the same time.

It is not the most mana efficient heal but can help for burst healing.

i have used it, and i think its a fun ability, but i think its way to expencive to use as much as i want (and would have too to compensate for the loss of CT/Xuen).

its a lot of mana spent for just one chi in return ( and that is only if it hits 3 targets).

I raid 10mans and that probably has something to do with the fact that its not the strongest option for me. If i were to raid 25mans, it would probably be stronger.

I think its a waste of mana, mana that should be used for other things. The only fight i can see the use (on 10 man) is Thok hc. Charging back and forth with torpedo is a free, and a very strong heal. it crits for 200k on one person and heals all in its path (it even does dmg).

I just cant defend the use of it as long as the other two is free.

But i guess its up to different opininons. With my 10k spirit (as i reforge out of all spirit), i cant waste mana without getting enough Chi's in return.

But, mana should never be an issue with a mistweaver to begin with. If you constantly use the chi you're generating (even more so with chi brew) you'll have more than enough tea to get back what you need.  The mana issue can be said the same though about SCK.  RJW and SCK have the same mana cost and you're getting the same chi return.  Any time that you're going to be spamming SCK for healing/chi RJW is better becasue it allows you to get more chi while healing.

I run with 7.2k spirit on my monk and if I run out of mana with out thinking, I already have 20 stacks which fills me all the way back up. If you have 10k spirit and aren't getting 20 stacks of tea before you even reach 30-40% then you're either playing wrong or you need more crit.

RJW is only good HPS when you can constantly heal people and with 9k+ haste breakpoint as well as much better cleave DPS than Xuen.

That's totally wrong. SCK has become MORE efficient since they changed it to heal the lowest 6 people.

You also can't talk much about efficency with mana when mana should never be an issue

SCK and RJW are the most efficient spells, in terms of HPS, to use during stacked situations. Always

I have even found RJW useful on fights like H Norushen (we stack and move between 2 markers according to beam), H protectors (Suns desperate measure when stacked in the bubble), Galakras P1 for dps P2 for extra heals, H juggernaught when is the seismic activity phase, Thok obviously. 

Torpedo and Xuen generate NO chi and you are essentially spell locked until Torpedo is over. You are then also limited to the heals it can provide where RJW is a straight mana cost for 1 gcd for a few seconds of heals and you can still keep healing.

I do run with high haste so its even more effective for me.

I agree that SCK is less efficient than RJW because again you are spell locked until the cast is over or cancelled.

i guess i will have to try it a bit more.

I'm also on the highest haste cap (ofc), heroic raiding requires that :)

Ive had great sucssess with torpedo on Galakras HC. Even got ranked nr.30 on it. So it cant be all that bad ;)

Just out if interest when you say "Highest haste cap" which are you referring to?

I am currently at the +5 ReM breakpoint and could probably almost go the next one...

Do you have an armory link/logs i can view, i am always trying to expand my knowledge :)

Not saying that CT is bad either. Just pointing out that the argument for mana efficiency is null when there isn't any mana issues. Hence it's based on total healing done or spell usage

When i say "highest haste cap" i mean the one with 9k haste.

And here is a log. http://worldoflogs.com/reports/97ex6v5vzxhsibbu/sum/healingDone/?s=8305&e=9018

:)

feel free to browse as much as you want :P

Im not the best monk evvah but i normally get the job done ;)

Just out if interest when you say "Highest haste cap" which are you referring to?

I am currently at the +5 ReM breakpoint and could probably almost go the next one...

Do you have an armory link/logs i can view, i am always trying to expand my knowledge smile.png

Hi again Caleen.

While its hard to compare my logs to yours because we 3 heal and i fistweave the whole time until galakras drops this is what i can tell and what i would base my reccomendation/ideas from.

Chi torpedo was 4% of your healing for the whole fight when 2 healing and therefore less chance to overheal, to me this is a little underwhelming.

If i limit my number to the final phase only: Caleen average 254,000 hps(36%overheal), Brewmonksta average 232,000hps(48% overheal) - i blame the 2 heal vs 3 heal for the disparity in hps.

Caleen - Chi Torpedo 876232  2.8 %

Brewmonksta - RJW 2878217 10.4 %

Given the huge bonus of RJW in Phase 1 and the greater amount of healing and giving you more GCD's it is clearly more superior in this instance.

Again on protectors, our fight is much shorter and we 3 heal but witha 20k hps overall difference between you and i RJW still did 3 times the amount of healing that chi torpedo did for you.

While there is time where chi torpedo can be used, i feel that the choice should only ever be between xuen or RJW

As for the haste cap if you can get the double amp trinkets you can go even higher. I am at the 12k breakpoint with around 43% crit buffed and i am almost thinking about going to the +6 ReM for a try.

I digress here a little but i notice you have PBI but you arent using the int proc at all. I would recommend using a cd tracker/weakaura to track that to gain the benefit other wise it is a bit of a wasted trinket on its own. I find CJL to be the best way to proc the trinket.

Happy Killing :)

• Like 1

Thanks for good feedback :)

Im aiming for the double amp trinks but im not having much luck with getting the loot i want :)

And thanks for reminding me (ive only been poked a couple of times by guildies already) to fix my weakauras again.

Lost all my old ones when upgrading to #2.  Lacking alot of warnings including gem proc (lazy, i know)

Ive been playing around with RJW and its not as bad as i thought it was. The "thing" with Torpedo was that its completely free, but i find my self less and less in need of saving my mana. As im getting more and more used to channeling my manatea properly again.

I am a  selflearned, semi-hardcore mistweaver so i am very greatful for feedback from time to time ;)

I am a  selflearned, semi-hardcore mistweaver so i am very greatful for feedback from time to time wink.png

Likewise,

RJW will still drain your mana if you dont pay attention but like you mentioned, with correct mana tea usage our mana is pretty much infinite :) I have been known to pop JW then chugg tea for its duration so that i am healing while i drink the tea.

Tracking the meta is very important. You can get 2 surges and a free RJW in 1 proc

• Like 1