FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
lethality

On pull rotation - Frost DK

So quick question to the frost dk pro's what is your starting rotation on pull? I've been doing Remorseless Winter > Obliterate > BoS + PoF > Howling Blast (if proc'd) > HRW.

The only thing I would say with that is try and build up about 70RP before starting BoS, with a couple Runes coming off CD.  I normally start breathing 10s after fight starts depending on fight.  Other than that, one thing I have been playing around with is the optimal time to pop PoF.  I am thinking it is actually more beneficial to pop right before using HRW since you get more obliterates in during that phase, plus i have the bracers.

I have legendary helm and ring at the moment. Some fights I just BoS off the bat but I'm not sure like star augur I think you should wait for the first grand conjunction so you don't lose BoS at the beginning. 

Yeah, I went back on a Star Auger Kill, I did a while back.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/compare/KFm19aBrtjpD7ky6/KFm19aBrtjpD7ky6#fight=27,27&source=11,21&view=timeline&type=casts

I compared what i did compared to the other DK in our Group.  We are relatively similar gear wise, I have waist and wrist, he has the ring and wrist.  He has the ring so it can be used to compare on pull rotation.  We are normally neck and neck right now for most fights.  He does open up a little different than I do since I am going for getting gathering storm up faster.  As far as holding BoS, I wouldn't since your just delaying your second and third  during the fight then.  If you get the mechanic to deal with, just wait for the last couple seconds and use your speed boost to clear the group since it makes you invulnerable to slow effects.  Just make sure your group understands that so they don't start freaking out on you, and atleast have HRW up during that to hold your breath, try and leave with capped RP.  I try to save my Arcane torrent for those situations to buy myself another second.

I would definitely not open like that. Depending on legendaries and RNG ;

Remoreless -> obliterate -> rime if procced otherwise obliterate -> if killing machine reset or belt proc -obliterate again -> otherwise wait for runes to be back up and 80+ RP before popping breath.

No point wasting potential 5 seconds of breath by using it without enough resources avaible, not like the 5 seconds iwll make you fit in another decent one anyways. 

When delaying either BOS or POF you also need to consider that you have your pre-pot running for the first 60 seconds. Since if you have the Ring you probably will have BOS up for more than 60 seconds you will waste pot time, time during your second PoF and maybe Horn of Valor uptime by delaying it.

Also consider, that on some fights, like Krosus, if you don't BOS right in the beginning you will need to cancel it because the bridge breaks. Similiar mechanics can also be in other fights where it is not useful to delay it just to get a few extra seconds you then might not be able to use (Skorpyron, Tichondrius for example).

Edited by NeoCG

On 5/2/2017 at 4:56 PM, Matster said:

I am thinking it is actually more beneficial to pop right before using HRW since you get more obliterates in during that phase, plus i have the bracers.

Bracers only buff frost damage and obliterate is physical of course. You should use PoF to pop right when you pop BoS, especially when you have the bracers because you are probably going to benefit twice from it if you have the ring. Breaths last more than a minute in most cases

Edited by acidoxyde