FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
ZuzgwangGroo

A question about the Arms guide from a NOOB :)

Hello all, 

Thanks for your yalls time and I hope I am in the the right place to ask. First things first, here is my toons info page. http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/draenor/Aurgus/advanced . The question I have is this. On the Arms Warrior guide, it states the the stat priority for Arms Warrior is Mastery>Haste>Versatility>Strength>Crit . Then the first thing it says in the next paragraph is the following.

Strength is your primary statistic. You should look for it in all of your upgrades. It provides you with Attack Power, which determines the damage your abilities do.

Critical Strike provides additional damage to your attacks and abilities, and also increases your rage generated by auto-attack swings on successful critical strikes.

As a on and off again / returning player and all around general boob, I mean, NOOB lol, this is extremely confusing. I am already and almost done with my main Warrior quest, and I have so far chosen gear that focused on Mastery and Haste. But from that the guide says, I am doing it wrong?

Thanks again for your time , any help would be appreciated, and MUCH LOVE from Wisconsin :)

ZugzwangGroo,

All Who Wander Are Not Lost :)

The section about strength is just saying that you want gear that has strength on it as opposed to agility or intellect as those stats do not provide any benefit to your character. (i.e. as a warrior you wouldn't want something like Bloodthirsty Instinct which only has agility on it).

If you're going with items that have mastery & haste on them and that's what the guide is telling you to do then that's totally fine.

Strength is your primary statistic. You should look for it in all of your upgrades. It provides you with Attack Power, which determines the damage your abilities do.

Critical Strike provides additional damage to your attacks and abilities, and also increases your rage generated by auto-attack swings on successful critical strikes.

Mastery increases the damage bonus provided by Mastery: Colossal Might IconMastery: Colossal Might boosting the base damage of Colossus Smash IconColossus Smash and the bonus damage taken the debuff provides.

Haste increases auto-attack swing speed, reduces the Global Cooldown and also reduces the cooldown time on Mortal Strike IconMortal Strike, alongside also reducing the channelling time of Bladestorm IconBladestorm.

Versatility provides a flat damage dealt boost and damage taken reduction.

This part right here, from the Arms Guide, is a simple explanation of how the various stats affect your performance. This not a priority. It's why it's listed under as "Getting a better understanding" as opposed to the previous list that states "The stat priority for Arms Warrior is".

The guides here on Icy Veins are a very detailed starting guide to all the classes. They explain every concept of the class as far as what is important, what you have as far as utility, strengths, and weaknesses, and a general point start from when executing your rotation. As such, a lot of things (like stats) are broken down and explained in a detailed manner like what you're reading.

If you should have any other questions, don't hesitate to ask. I hope this helps clear things up a bit for you.