FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Jhakoby

Disc Priest Question

Hi there!  New guy on the forums and this is my first post.  I have a question about upcoming changes to Disc Priest.  Are they becoming more of a hybrid for dps and holy?  A couple of guildies were talking about the Priest but they weren't given specifics.  I was hoping they were making the disc priest more dps because I enjoyed my character as dps but while I have tried in the past to get into some dungeons, I was always expected to heal.  Any information would be greatly appreciated. 

PS.  I am dyslexic so it's hard to interpret if you start throwing numbers at me. 

Edited by Jhakoby

They are limiting the amount of atonement a disc is able to put out at a time with the Radiance charge system and reduced duration. Our mass aoe healing ramp up will suffer a bit if Radiance is on cd, but they want to give us more on demand healing with it hitting  5 instead of 3 now. 

Hi, I would also ask something in this section.

Currently I am using target=targettarget macro for my damaging spells since it's easier to dps without the need of targeting enemies while directly healing mates. If a single target is present it works great, but when it comes to adds, is there any way, how to guarantee that my penance hits the target affected by Purge of Wicked dot?

Even though Power Word: Radiance is getting most of the attention, it's the changes to Plea and Smite that will most radically change the spec in raids. Plea's constant mana cost eliminates the "5 atonement rule", and the mana cost reduction to Smite greatly reduces the value of empty GCDs in the rotation. Instead of a fairly rigid system of maintaining 6+ atonements at all times, using Radiance to prepare for incoming raid damage, now the constant decision will be whether to use Smite to heal the existing atoned players or Plea to increase the number of atoned. Currently we need to spam Power Word: Radiance because we are starting from a base of 6, or fewer atoned players because of the high mana cost of Plea. We can now use Plea to increase the atoned to 10 or 12, and then our "merely 2" casts of Radiance will increase that number to 20 or 22 (with the change to 5-player Radiance). Many of the complaints about Radiance's nerf come from a place of ignorance regarding the total changes being made to the spec.