FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Charlone

BMH Need DPS Advice

I recently returned to WoW after a four month hiatus. Naturally, I was really far behind in terms of gear and artifact traits, but I've been slowly working towards filling that gap. That being said, my DPS is still really low compared to where I feel it should be. I don't expect to keep up with the hunter in my guild who never stopped raiding, but I feel that I should at least be able to do better compared to people with similar gear to my own. Any advice for improving is greatly appreciated. The less of a burden I am to my raid, the better.

My armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/proudmoore/Charlone/simple

Logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/bW9XpKR4DhVCF83r

Edited by Charlone

from what i can see from your logs you seem to have the rotation down well.

However you are litterally wearing the worst gear possible for bm. With your ilvl you should have about double the mastery you have at the moment. My tip would be to get rid of every single gearpiece that gives versatility since it is completely uselsess for bm and aim to have mastery all your gear instead.( would recomend you atleast get over 85%)

A few pieces that you should really look in to switching out is neck, ring and chest to name a few. Also some slots should not be obtained within nighthold so for example neck and boots i highly recomend you get from m+  instead (since there are not a single good alternative available in NH).'

For tier pieces you should go with head,back,gloves and in your case shoulders until you recieve a legendary upgrade over legs. The chest is terrible in comparison to other alternatives available and should by all means be stayed away from.

Would also highly reccomend that you go for Mark of the Trained Soildier enchant instead of Mark of the claw because you need the mastery and also for better consistency.

Edited by Najjic
  • Like 1

Haha I knew my gear wasn't great, but I wasn't expecting "worst gear possible." Well that's depressing since I have pretty limited time to be farming gear; mostly just raid nights in NH and whatever time I can squeeze in on Saturdays. At least my grasp of the rotation looks okay. That's a plus.

I'll try to get into some normal NH runs and some M+ runs and see if I can get upgrades for those slots. Thanks!

Mostly going to agree with Najjic here; you have a 905 trinket with a thousand mastery + on it and still only have 5k mastery. Crit and versa are pretty much useless at the moment, you're a bit over the haste cap too. 

It's clear you've gone for agi > everything else and that's not too bad of an idea, but at this stage of the game secondary stats make or break your class and you need to prioritise the right ones. If you had to drop 5 ilvls to fix your stats to be at a better level, your dps would skyrocket.

The legendary situation is pretty unfortunate and I can see you were unlucky enough to get two of the worst legendaries available for BM at a time where if you don't have the right legendaries you can't really succeed at BM. With any luck you'll get something good soon and hopefully you do! 

• Like 1

If  your time is limited and you might not have time to search trough the dungeon journal, here is the  bis slots from m+. ( Since the guide does not provide this for some reason )

Neck: You can get from either VOW or HOV ( the Lavadrip Pendant and the Wolfstride Pendant) both are really good but the Wolfstride Pendant has slightly more mastery.

Wrists and Boots: you can get from COS and ARC( the Ley dragon's stompers, Ley dragon's wristbraces from COS and the Remorsless Chain Armbands from ARC.) The boots can drop from both dungeons since they share som of their loottables. Wrists are equal in power unless you are able to get the set bonus.

RIng: You can get from many different places since there are alot of Haste/mastery rings out there( even some from EN if you are able to get a nice TF) but a really good one is the Archdruid's Taited Seal which drops from DHT.

Other slots are obtainable from NH and you can find that list in the guide's gear page.

Hope that helps somewhat :)

Edited by Najjic
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, Charlone said:

I recently returned to WoW after a four month hiatus. Naturally, I was really far behind in terms of gear and artifact traits, but I've been slowly working towards filling that gap. That being said, my DPS is still really low compared to where I feel it should be. I don't expect to keep up with the hunter in my guild who never stopped raiding, but I feel that I should at least be able to do better compared to people with similar gear to my own. Any advice for improving is greatly appreciated. The less of a burden I am to my raid, the better.

My armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/proudmoore/Charlone/simple

Logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/bW9XpKR4DhVCF83r

What my fellow hunters above said is pretty clear and right !

You actually wearing worst gear possible for that IL , for example ring and Neck , and should replace very fast . I understand your situation and ive few time to play too , but really find some time to go get ur mastery gear , cause actually u r doing pretty nice with ur rotation and dmg , so with could mastery stuffs and legendaries u can up ur dps approximatly by 200/300k !

Thanks for the info guys. I've gotten my mastery up to 7454 over the weekend. Hopefully I'll get some good drops this week as well.

On 8/5/2017 at 7:59 PM, Charlone said:

Thanks for the info guys. I've gotten my mastery up to 7454 over the weekend. Hopefully I'll get some good drops this week as well.

Keep us updated !