FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
cdizza41

Affy help in NH

Hey guys, today I'm here to see if any of you can help me pin point/better my dps. I feel like I'm extremely low on the dps meter. If you could analyze and see what exactly I could do to help better myself please leave a comment below.

I know there is a hundred of these threads but, I feel as if they're all unique to player style/gear etc.

Armory Link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/kiljaeden/Frèsh/simple

Warcraft logs link: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/character/23133757/latest/

If you've got anything to add or would like to help just please comment below or add me on bnet: Goldbergx#1709

Thanks for anything you have to help me adjust myself.

3 hours ago, cdizza41 said:

I know there is a hundred of these threads but, I feel as if they're all unique to player style/gear etc.

They are, feel free to post asking for help anytime dude.

So, your trinkets suck. Like, really really suck. And your legendaries suck also. So all four of those sucking is going to hurt your DPS fairly hard.

Gameplay Im seeing you cap at 5 shards a few times - you didn't waste any soul shards though so you're okay. The main issue is drain soul/UA use. The UA use isn't bad but you are not overlapping well with DS - without DS UA is kind of meh. Need to get your DS uptime up by a lot.

Your Corruption and LS uptimes are bad, really no reason for those to be less than 95% ish, you're at 87% and 73%.

tl;dr - better up times, better overlapping, new trinkets/leggendaries.

please whe posting logs , dont post the rankings list of yourself just post the fights only saves alot of faffing about

thanks in advance

To expand on what Locky said, a common term is the Drain Cycle.  I recommend YouTubers YippzArena and Pyromancer. 

One priority to keep in mind for the Drain Cycle is that as long as both UA and Agony are up, keep channeling Drain Soul.  Refresh Drain Soul if you must (not everyone agrees on when to break the cycle and reset, some say when any of the dots + UA fall off).

So, a Drain Cycle is:

1) Agony, Corruption, Drain Life if talented.  If starting a new Drain Cycle, refresh them.

2) If no souls in the staff, UA once and Drain Soul as described above.

3) If you have something in the staff, UA Twice and Drain Soul as above.  When moving, even one or two ticks of DS are worth it provided the other dots are active.

As you start to improve, there are irregular instances where you can refresh UA and get a Drain Soul in without refreshing the dots, usually the cycle immediately after you refreshed existing dots.

If you arent going to be using Drain Soul at every possible opportunity, you probably should be running Writhe in Agony.