FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
mediocregatsby

5.4 Proving Grounds

had a little time before raid last night so i went and did the bronze, silver, gold dps proving grounds. the main challenge just seems to come from having no warning whatsoever about what the next wave will be like, so certain waves will just be really hard on your first try and then really easy after that.

also it scales your gear down to 463 so i found destro has a much easier time than affliction. and if you are playing affliction, make sure you end every wave with full shards because you won't have a chance between waves to recharge them. didn't even bother trying demo, can't imagine it does much better than destro.

so, how far into endless mode have you guys gotten? there's a title/achieve for 30 waves i think.

I was messing around for a bit yesterday, and got up to Silver for DPS (as Affliction, 4717 BP). Also got the Bronze tank as Demo. Probably going to go back either today or Friday for more. 

Anyone gotten silver as a tank yet? I think I'm close, but the lack of vengeance does hurt.

got bored and had the night off yesterday, hit wave 34 on endless and earned the title (lame title but i dont see a lot of people wearing it at least)

found it very helpful to use shadowfury, unbound will, and gosup as destro. if you clear all the mobs but an amber ball is still floating around, it will keep you in combat until it goes away. one trick i used often was intentionally letting the amber ball hit me so i could unbound will out of it to get out of combat and change talents for the next wave (switching between KJC and AD). 

if you still have ICD trinkets from tier 14 raids, you should probably use those instead of RPPM ones. i stuck it out with t15 trinkets but i'm pretty sure that just made it more difficult.

Going to have to buy another Relic of Yu'lon, it seems.  Time to fish up that Elegon trinket, too.

ugh yeah i was seriously wishing i didnt DE my elegon trinket last night. i got the achieve using wush and cha-ye though. kind of a miracle i havent DE'd cha-ye yet. also no LMG or cloak procs allowed in there -_-

Thing that sucks is I got silver but ran out of time before raid.  I did it as destruction with UVLS and Breath...both of which never proc at 463.  I might invest before caring...I just think I've done enough proving myself to care about that yet.  WTB more Brawler's Guild ranks!

I got gold as destro with Breath and Wush (my normal raid gear). I was finishing every wave with 15-20sec left on the timer. It wasn't really all that bad, the key is making good use of Havoc and adjusting yourself to consuming stacks with Chaos Bolt, because the three second cast time really hurts when you have to run from bananas and amber globs. I always prioritize the banshees (obviously) and then the bananas, because I can run around and direct the amber glob into another mob, but the bananas are crucial to get down quickly due to long stand-still of CB.

I got gold as destro with Breath and Wush (my normal raid gear). I was finishing every wave with 15-20sec left on the timer. It wasn't really all that bad, the key is making good use of Havoc and adjusting yourself to consuming stacks with Chaos Bolt, because the three second cast time really hurts when you have to run from bananas and amber globs. I always prioritize the banshees (obviously) and then the bananas, because I can run around and direct the amber glob into another mob, but the bananas are crucial to get down quickly due to long stand-still of CB.

I also did it as Destro, with Wush + Chaye (normal versions). I want to add to the above that:

I always used shadowfury on the monkeys as they spawn, followed by a CB and a Shadowburn or Confalg to finish them off. The key is to fear the Mystic healer right after your CB left.

Also, always cast RoF right before the wave spawn.

Havoc did not seem to work thru the shields on wave 5.

Banshees: 1 CB does the trick.

Position yourself wisely to trap mobs with the amber.

Dont use your CDs while shield is up on Sha. Save the speed buff for sha mobs.

Just tried this again after dropping my Demo OS for Destro. 

It's a completely different scenario as Destro vs. Aff. Hard to believe that they're actually the same mobs. 

thread might be useful

http://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comments/1mi2oh/gold_tank_proving_grounds_on_warlock_will/

edit: and if the color scheme makes your face melt, you can click it off  on the right hand side.   little check mark box

Use subreddit style

edit2:

this thread too

http://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comments/1mhax1/endless_dps_proving_grounds_waves_diagrams/

Edited by Gravyspasm