Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dklegends

New Legendary RIng

21 posts in this topic

Title. A new legendary ring for all classes has been datamind. Each ring gives you a talent from your talent tree, and ours happens to be Gathering Storm.

So you equip the ring, you get the talent's effect. Any ideas as to if this will be good or not? I think it could find its place in M+ where one could run this ring and frost scythe for some decent numbers.

Thoughts?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It means we can change to Frostscythe or Runic Attenuation, at the same time we can change the other legendary to Koltira's, Perseverance or Necrofantasia. As far I can see it basically gives us an opportunity to play withtout Breath of Sindragosa OOOR empower even more that build since if we run runic attenuation with gathering storm...

That's the last thing that separated WoW from Diablo (besides the lore)... The mechanics are insanely equal (even those itens, which give us talents that we already have..), to me it is not a problem but, seems like blizz is unable to come up with new ideas to their own game...

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It certainly is interesting, basically the choice will be:

RA + GS + BoS for higher uptime/easier management.

FScy + GS + ?: Use KM procs as normal (Obliterates, especially with T20 new bonus), or use KM procs on FScy for AoE situations.

Fairly simple really.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The issue with frostscythe for me is it was either push your stats to strong levels so you can ignore obliterate all together or kind of have a muddled rotation. So the first place I look is BOS and while getting RA as well is nice, its such a trivial contribution. We already have sooooo many ways to fuel BOS. So, i mean marginally longer breaths certainly isn't a bad thing but I don't see it being a huge differential.

Then if we go with gathering storm plus frost scythe instead i guess we might pair with obliteration for km spamming and then do stuff with other talents? I just don't see BOS being overtaken this way, gathering storm isn't stronger than BOS so I don't see gaining frostcythe as being a strong enough gain to skip the bos rotation. I dunno, pairing with FsC just on paper will lead to rather complex rotations while pairing with RA will be kind of underwhelming. 

I def see the ring being much better for unholy and pretty awesome for blood. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's unfortunate that it gives Gathering Storm as a talent.

Wish it were something like HRW, although that is probably a little too much to ask for, but its nice to think I could have HRW and Icecap/Avalanche at the same time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Dklegends said:

It's unfortunate that it gives Gathering Storm as a talent.

Wish it were something like HRW, although that is probably a little too much to ask for, but its nice to think I could have HRW and Icecap/Avalanche at the same time.

agreed, but i do think too they would view that one as too powerful XD but god it would be awesome

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really dont like this new legendary, i feel like there are stronger legendaries out there.
What im more concerned with is the new tier 20, i have a feeling we may be going back to obliteration build, so we can spam obliterate as much as possible. Tho in this build i cant make sense of the 4 set, i mean a free froststrike isnt that good, in this spec but with BoS its pretty handy, even tho those valuable GCD's. Howling blast wil no longer give runic power and if you think to keep the 4 set its getting reduced to 6 rp.

I see some trinket that would benefit from the increased attackspeed of icy talons, but goddamn its not easy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Desruc said:

I really dont like this new legendary, i feel like there are stronger legendaries out there.
What im more concerned with is the new tier 20, i have a feeling we may be going back to obliteration build, so we can spam obliterate as much as possible. Tho in this build i cant make sense of the 4 set, i mean a free froststrike isnt that good, in this spec but with BoS its pretty handy, even tho those valuable GCD's. Howling blast wil no longer give runic power and if you think to keep the 4 set its getting reduced to 6 rp.

I see some trinket that would benefit from the increased attackspeed of icy talons, but goddamn its not easy

I dunno, i see people vomitting on mmo forums and a couple other places about the tier 20 bonus but the tier 19 set bonus itself didn't make bos strong, the buffs to bos, the legendary items, and CoF really made BOS strong and the tier set helped. While the new tier 20 is no longer the BOS bazooka that it was I still don't see it being enough to justify taking obliteration or GA over BOS and thus the associated rotations. Unless BOS is getting a nerf which I haven't read I don't see much changing.

What I do see is the typical DK trend in tuning that we've always seen. One spec gets a lot of attention one spec doesn't. Legion start unholy was top by miles. Come 7.1 Frost got a ton of buffs and there was chaos across the dk "community".  Now coming into 7.2.5 we see unholy getting a ton of attention and frost kinda just sitting there in the corner. It's the way its always been. Since Cata the pendulum always swings really hard where one patch you play frost one you play unholy or in a very rare case in WoD you play Frost until certain gear then switch to unholy. 

So everything is playing out like it always has. Blizz can only semi tune one DK spec at a time, but they always over adjust everything XD. The only issue in Legion more than ever is peeps have more invested in legendaries/artifact power for one said spec. But for frost right now, with current bos tuning, as long as you have legendaries and or CoF BOS will continue to be quite strong. Even then the buffs to unholy only equate to 3% (this is before tier from my understanding) sooooo we'll see how it all plays out. Also we need to see final final numbers. Things change a lot in development, heck unholys artifact ability changed 276 times in the alpha/beta stages (number only slightly exaggerated). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not a fan of BoS, its really good,  but when you play mythic raiding, quite often you have to do tacts, and if they interupt your BoS your dmg just plummets so hard. So to recap its really fucking good for fight you can stand still and nuke the shit out of somthing, but if it gets interrupted you are fucked.

I am quietly hoping machine gun will be viable in the future, but i see your point. There is indeed nothing boosting obliterate nor and there are no changes to BoS either, i do feel like BoS only works as well as it does with current gear tho, like you pointed out CoF and the Leg Ring. The set bonus really helps with uptime aswell. 8 free runicpower is not to be underestimated.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The problem with the new Legendary so far imo is that not only are Fsc and RA not that viable but also it has no secondary stats and they are so valuable you can't lose them. Fsc+GS does not make sense, since you can't really stack it that well with only one rune and also you lose your AOE-Rimeprocs by using Fsc.

 

The new 2 and 4pc are complete shit and I honestly think if you want to have max damage you need to farm Mythic NH for the titanforged-set even with the nerfs to it and then maybe get the 2pc-TOS as well. While the NH isn't the main reason BOS is so good, you also lose CoF on top of an completely useless new setbonus when you get the TOS Trinkets. Bilzzard development-team hits once again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Think you guys fail to release that the current legendaries for frost DKs are REALLY fucking good, so having a free gathering storm talent is barely worth anything when the other 2 talents are very neglible.  The ring at the current state will not be viable for anything. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/12/2017 at 1:46 AM, Vacivity said:

Think you guys fail to release that the current legendaries for frost DKs are REALLY fucking good, so having a free gathering storm talent is barely worth anything when the other 2 talents are very neglible.  The ring at the current state will not be viable for anything. 

yes and no to the first part, its kinda why the discussion was going on XD its the fact that the legendaries are all really good that trivializes the bonus. Both unholy/blood have many lack luster legendaries that very easily could be replaced. Even a couple considered top tier could go away due to numbers (and coming nerfs). With frost however, we have legendaries that have tremendous synergy with BOS and power it up quite a bit. So, looking at those we must compare a second charge of runic weapon or 15% more frost damage versus gaining RA or FsC. There is no comparison at all

Plus the tier we had was a beast of a tier bonus so blizz changed it to one that pragmatically is garbage. So, frost will have to rely on old legendaries and old trinkets to carry it through TOS. Now, considering unholy did last xpac with Vial, I don't see it being that big of an issue. But yes we could certainly summarize this thread as

ring sucks for frost

tier 20 sucks for frost 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm fine with the new 2 piece set even though it leaves some more to be desired. The new 4 piece set however, I do not agree with. I don't see a point in making a frost strike free.

Even with MG, it dont think it's all that great  because you don't want a free FS when you need to spend RP to avoid overcapping and that would result in a wasted GCD while trying to deplete runes.

Doesn't make sense in BoS as it's also a wasted GCD there, and would only provide a small dps increase during downtime.

What do you think they're trying to do with the new 4 piece? What niche could it fit and what benefits could it have, if any?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Dklegends said:

I'm fine with the new 2 piece set even though it leaves some more to be desired. The new 4 piece set however, I do not agree with. I don't see a point in making a frost strike free.

Even with MG, it dont think it's all that great  because you don't want a free FS when you need to spend RP to avoid overcapping and that would result in a wasted GCD while trying to deplete runes.

Doesn't make sense in BoS as it's also a wasted GCD there, and would only provide a small dps increase during downtime.

What do you think they're trying to do with the new 4 piece? What niche could it fit and what benefits could it have, if any?

honestly they looked at the old 2 and 4 set, realized frost would become incredibly powerful, maybe actually reaching top dps again (those were a nice 3 days) and they couldn't have that. So instead of the 4 set they originally planned they had one afternoon lunch to come up with something new and BOOM here's what we got. Not only does it not make sense now, I can't think of a single place in frost dk history where the 4 set would truly be beneficial at all. 

so that's really my best guess, it was an emergency change because they don't want DK's being top tier again (not a conspiracy there are dev tweets) and so we got a last minute rushed changed which wasn't thought out.

*edit*

also the 2 set is less interesting then we thought. the free obliterate according to a lot of people farting on PTR procs nothing, no thronebreaker, diddly, just free damage. If it actually proc'd stuff the 2 set might not be awful but....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So it's as if Blizzard heard our feedback! They're new bonus' that were datamined/on the PTR and they are as follows:

2pc - Every 25 Runic Power spent while Pillar of Frost is active increases the duration of Pillar of Frost by 1.0 sec.

4pc - Every 3 Runes spent increases the Strength bonus of your next Pillar of Frost by 1%.

Wow these really promising for any build, especially BoS since we'll be spending a ton of RP in the 20 seconds that PoF is up. Looks like the leggo Belt is gonna come out of top as it will synergize really well with the new 4pc. I like these bonus, they are definitely an improvement. 

Thoughts on these new ones guys?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bracers + Icecap?

Well, theorycraft required.. I'll be giving this new bonus a lot of thought over the next few days.... I can't think of 3 more different sets of bonuses to try out than have been tabled on the PTR over the last few weeks for frost.

I would love to analyse the RP/rune spending of Icy Talons haste builds compared to BoS... very interesting development.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I reckon bracers/belt MG could come back with trinkets like Infernal Cinders.

Also on the new build, frost scythe will now have a 22.5% chance to proc rime and a 50% chance to proc our golden trait Thronebreaker.

Sounds like Frost Scythe cleave could could back for M+ dungeons and cleave fights, especially with infernal cinders.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Dklegends said:

Also on the new build, frost scythe will now have a 22.5% chance to proc rime and a 50% chance to proc our golden trait Thronebreaker.

Sounds like Frost Scythe cleave could could back for M+ dungeons and cleave fights, especially with infernal cinders.

Also puts the new ring up with the older legendaries if that remains unchanged.

Proccing Rime is a massive change, really huge.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Browed said:

Also puts the new ring up with the older legendaries if that remains unchanged.

Proccing Rime is a massive change, really huge.

so much happens while i sleep XD

Its awesome that blizz pulled their heads out of their *cough* and gave us a decent new set bonus and the changes to frostscythe are tremendous. So def for mythic plus we can see FsC spam coming back.

However, for raiding I still think we are going to see BOS dominant. The set bonus doesn't exclusively help BOS but it has great synergy. Ugly theoretical math, the ability to keep up pillar of frost throughout the entire breath is incredibly strong. So, I think we'll see that remain dominant. Typically at this point when we are looking at the last two raids of an expansion frost does descend into some variant of masterfrost builds, but I think with legendaries and such that might not happen this time, it'll take something big to topple BOS in raiding at least with current numbers.

But yay for yolo FSC spamming in mythic plus XD

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

11 hours ago, Browed said:

Also puts the new ring up with the older legendaries if that remains unchanged.

Proccing Rime is a massive change, really huge.

I agree. The thought of FsC w/ gathering storm in all those trash packs is really appealing. The shred potential!

 

8 hours ago, demonardvark said:

so much happens while i sleep XD

Its awesome that blizz pulled their heads out of their *cough* and gave us a decent new set bonus and the changes to frostscythe are tremendous. So def for mythic plus we can see FsC spam coming back.

However, for raiding I still think we are going to see BOS dominant. The set bonus doesn't exclusively help BOS but it has great synergy. Ugly theoretical math, the ability to keep up pillar of frost throughout the entire breath is incredibly strong. So, I think we'll see that remain dominant. Typically at this point when we are looking at the last two raids of an expansion frost does descend into some variant of masterfrost builds, but I think with legendaries and such that might not happen this time, it'll take something big to topple BOS in raiding at least with current numbers.

But yay for yolo FSC spamming in mythic plus XD

I agree with the fact that BoS will probably be dominant and would take something big to topple it, but I hope that changes; I wish they could put other frost specs up there with BoS. Some people don't like the management of BoS and are wishing for change, likely because they don't like being forced into a spec.

All we really need is for something else to be just as viable as BoS, which is what i'm hoping for, and I think it would make a lot of people happy. I'm hoping MG can match it during ToS because the spam potential of MG could have great synergy with the new set bonus and the new ToS trinkets do synergize well with MG. Given all that I'm hoping MG will attain some raiding viability.

Edited by Dklegends
Rewording

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

The 4 set seems so useless I did some testing and I haven't seen a "strength" increase idk if its broken or what but from what I have seen its useless no dps gain at all unless I am overlooking at the bonus.

Edited by lethality

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.