FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
NoamNatan

Pet choice for Survival?

Hello hunters

i wanted to ask if there are specific pets which suits best to survival hunters.
i saw a guide that suggested to pick a pet with stomp ability because it aoes and the more targets it hits the higher chance to get Mongoose bite charge.

is it true? 
or just go with whatever pet i feel like? 

Just go with whatever you feel like. One that has a battle res such as a crane works well.

Thunderstomp is just a tenacity specific talent, so keep your pet in tenacity if you want to make use of that ability.

Carrion birds, scorpids, and riverbeasts all have a unique trait that has potential to grant another mongoose bite charge. You should stick to one of them as survival.

13 minutes ago, durdyenglish said:

Carrion birds, scorpids, and riverbeasts all have a unique trait that has potential to grant another mongoose bite charge. You should stick to one of them as survival.

That's not true, and hasn't been true for several months now:

11 minutes ago, Orthios said:

That's not true, and hasn't been true for several months now:

Is the thunderstomp ability from tenacity still an increased chance for procs? I've not played much SV since launch and might actually like a different confirmation before I keep mentioning it.

Just now, Luthixx said:

Is the thunderstomp ability from tenacity still an increased chance for procs? I've not played much SV since launch and might actually like a different confirmation before I keep mentioning it.

As far as I know, Thunderstomp still does have a chance for proccing mastery (not sure about an increased chance however).  Granted, I haven't played my Hunter for several months (it barely got the artifact weapon for marksmanship), and this is just me regurgitating info. 

1 minute ago, Orthios said:

Thunderstomp still does have a chance for proccing mastery (not sure about an increased chance however)

Yeah, that's all I meant, I know it's still the same % regardless, just wanted to check to see if it was still worthwhile on AoE fights.

On 2017-5-13 at 3:47 AM, Luthixx said:

Just go with whatever you feel like. One that has a battle res such as a crane works well.

Thunderstomp is just a tenacity specific talent, so keep your pet in tenacity if you want to make use of that ability.

wrong answer Luthixx...sporebat....always sporebat.....

29 minutes ago, Luthixx said:

Why sporebat?

...........get out...are you being serious? You got to be trolling me....

if not...you got to be....

you better be...

hang your head in shame Luthixx ...in shame! 

Edited by Banard

I Main BM, so take it for what its worth.  But in PvP when I use Surv, I use a spider in feroicity spec for the web CC to keep my target close by.  Im sure that would be useful in PvE as well.