FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
KyleRiggen

Shadowmeld

I am not sure how Shadowmeld is used for DPS as a Subtlety Rogue.  Many other resources seem to be out of date on this.  It is getting used in the sim: tZAZ4pI.png 

I would guess its used to re enter stealth.  I have not found a way to do this.

• Using Shadowmeld doesn't grant access to the stealth bar
  • Using Shadowmeld doesn't allow you to leave combat and enter stealth immediately

So there is something I am missing on how to properly use Shadowmeld for DPS as a Subtlety Rogue

2 hours ago, KyleRiggen said:

I am not sure how Shadowmeld is used for DPS as a Subtlety Rogue.  Many other resources seem to be out of date on this.  It is getting used in the sim:  

I would guess its used to re enter stealth.  I have not found a way to do this.

• Using Shadowmeld doesn't grant access to the stealth bar
  • Using Shadowmeld doesn't allow you to leave combat and enter stealth immediately

So there is something I am missing on how to properly use Shadowmeld for DPS as a Subtlety Rogue

It does allow the use of stealth based abilities, such as Shadowstrike and Symbols of Death.

I don't recall whether you have to macro it with Stealth or whether you can cast directly from Shadowmeld - I play Horde, so I can't really tell you what I do, but you can see it in the logs of Night Elf Sub Rogues 

OK great thanks for the help.  Adding a picture for any Night Elfs if they are able to help out: ps6amMl.png

In the screenshot, Shadowmeld was casted 3 seconds ago.  Stealth bar is not active and not able to directly enter stealth until waiting the normal time to leave combat.

1 hour ago, KyleRiggen said:

OK great thanks for the help.  Adding a picture for any Night Elfs if they are able to help out: ps6amMl.png

In the screenshot, Shadowmeld was casted 3 seconds ago.  Stealth bar is not active and not able to directly enter stealth until waiting the normal time to leave combat.

Try just casting Shadowstrike from there - even if the bar doesn't change, put it on the out of stealth bar and see