FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Nixara

BM Mythic +

Just a quick question regarding running Mythic+ (10-15 farm) with a good geared group (everybody around 910ilvl). Do I understand properly that i should run Dire stable, Dire Frenzy and Volley? That is what I understand from the guide but I have done a lot of research and people usually say that you should most likely use Dire Frenzy combined with Way of the Cobra.. I am a bit confused now?

Edited by Nixara

I'm also using Way of the Cobra in M+ cause Dire Frenzy gimme approximately the same focus that Dire Stable + Stomp (with Legendary shoulders). I'm also not sure i'm doing good maybe Dire Stable + Dire Frenzy is even better. The only case i use Dire Stable is : High M+ Lower Kara with Bolstering and Fortified if u get what i mean ;)

Edited by Draezn

I believe way of the cobra is not suggested for Mythic+ since you can spend most of the dungeon shooting multi-shot instead of cobra shot.

I personally find that Blink Strikes works best if you're going for multi-shot spamming, since Beast Cleave is much stronger when using Blink Strikes. For some reason the Mythic+ talent choice in the guide doesn't say that.

However, for 10-15 it depends on the weekly mythic+ trait. I tend to go with single target talents if it's Tyrannical, or AoE if it's Fortified.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Khallid said:

However, for 10-15 it depends on the weekly mythic+ trait. I tend to go with single target talents if it's Tyrannical, or AoE if it's Fortified.

Khallid beat me to it, but generally that's the way to go. I go full ST if it's Tyrannical, AoE (Dire Stable, Blink Strikes and Volley if it's AoE). Generally I'll take volley anyway unless I'm getting closer to the +15 mark as bosses don't last long enough to get more than one or two AMoC's out so I'd rather the AoE dps. Always better to be able to clear the trash a bit quicker, and volley doesn't make for a huuuge dps loss in terms of ST.

• Like 1

On 2017-05-19 at 5:19 PM, Khallid said:

personally find that Blink Strikes works best if you're going for multi-shot spamming, since Beast Cleave is much stronger when using Blink Strikes. For some reason the Mythic+ talent choice in the guide doesn't say that.

Generally go BF over blink strikes for m+ since blink strikes strongly diminishes your burst for packs that are smaller than 5-6+ and any packs with lower health creatures( and bosses ofcourse). So i would recommend going for BF in most situations. 

Blink strikes could be better in for example 15+ dungeons with consistent aoe (and fortified), such as BRH. But in general go for BF

• Like 1

On 5/20/2017 at 3:06 PM, Najjic said:

Generally go BF over blink strikes for m+ since blink strikes strongly diminishes your burst for packs that are smaller than 5-6+ and any packs with lower health creatures( and bosses ofcourse). So i would recommend going for BF in most situations. 

Blink strikes could be better in for example 15+ dungeons with consistent aoe (and fortified), such as BRH. But in general go for BF

The only issue there is that if I'm running a low level key then we tend pull packs of 10 - 20 mobs at a time unless it's bolstering or necrotic, so there are usually no "lower health creatures" that are not worth cleaving (I don't pug much, mostly guild runs).

Also, the difference in single target dps between Blink Strikes and Bestial Fury is actually pretty small (my sims drop from ~875k to ~845k, a mere 30k difference), while the difference in cleave from Blink Strikes can be huge (depending on the size of the pack, of course).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Khallid said:

The only issue there is that if I'm running a low level key then we tend pull packs of 10 - 20 mobs at a time unless it's bolstering or necrotic, so there are usually no "lower health creatures" that are not worth cleaving (I don't pug much, mostly guild runs).

Also, the difference in single target dps between Blink Strikes and Bestial Fury is actually pretty small (my sims drop from ~875k to ~845k, a mere 30k difference), while the difference in cleave from Blink Strikes can be huge (depending on the size of the pack, of course).

Well if u are running lower keystones you should definitly go for BF since most packs ( no matter size or health) will be bursted down quickly.  

But i agree that the choise between the 2 is mostly based on what key you are running and how you are running that key. So really it is just a based on your own preference and the way you play the spec and if something is working for you then you should definitly stick it.

Note: To clarify what i meant about "lower health creatures" i meant squishy packs ( such as the wyrmtonges in ARC or the blob thingy's in EOA). Not creatures that has disproportional health pool to the other creatures in the pack :)