Stan

WoW Token Prices Reached an All-Time High

Sign in to follow this  

12 posts in this topic

28412-wow-token-to-battlenet-balance-liv

Following Blizzard's announcement that Destiny 2 would be exclusively available via the Blizzard app, caused prices of WoW Tokens to reach an all-time high in both regions.

The last time we witnessed WoW TokenWoW Token prices spiking was when Blizzard launched the WoW Token to Battle.net Balance exchange.

Europe

Token prices are slowly going down, but in Europe they spiked at 251,000 Gold for a single token.

qAwHh9g.png

North America

America didn't see such a dramatic increase. Just a little above 140K Gold for one token.

PxzmcGE.png

To stay up to date with latest prices, don't forget to follow WoWTokenNA for North America or WoWTokenEU for Europe.

(Source via WoWToken.info)

I figured the rise in price was due to the Destiny2 announcement but don't understand the logic. To the best of my knowledge we won't be able to buy anything Destiny related with Battlenet balance.

• Like 1

You can buy the game using your blizz bux. I was going to comment how I liked that prices have already bottomed back out to normal 110k but they jumped back up to 120.

28 minutes ago, Calysia said:

I figured the rise in price was due to the Destiny2 announcement but don't understand the logic. To the best of my knowledge we won't be able to buy anything Destiny related with Battlenet balance.

They did announce that you can buy the game with blizz account, so that is why people went crazy.

• Like 1

Honestly they need to make a new token entirely for account balance and have wow tokens a whole separate currency. Because the prices are getting out of hand. I, as a strictly wow only player shouldn't have to pay insanely high token prices all because tokens can be used as currency for other games.

It's insanely unfair. I barely make just enough to buy a token because I don't want to burn myself out of wow. I raid mythic 3 nights a week and wanna play some alts. I don't grind gold. And i cannot afford they extra $15 a month right now. I don't play the AH, because I play the game to have FUN. Not grind gold.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Vanquinn said:

Honestly they need to make a new token entirely for account balance and have wow tokens a whole separate currency.

As someone who uses WoW gold to finally buy the mount and battle pet I've always wanted, full Blizz games, and the occasional HotS skin,  I am absolutely against this idea.

I think the main problem with this would be a supply and demand increase. If you did split the tokens up, you'd have a large portion of the players that buy token for bnet balance taken out of the consumption pool. Therefore, the people selling tokens would want to sell tokens to where they can make the most gold. Therefore, the supply of WoW only tokens would probably go down thereby increasing the price of said tokens. I could be completely wrong, but my opinion is it might do more harm than good.

I can definitely feel your pain, though. I don't do any mythic raiding, but I am constantly doing missions for gold, farming, etc. because I pay for my account and my wife's account via WoW tokens. It's gotten increasingly more difficult in the last six months.

• Like 2

If you don't mind a very slight early on time investment. Get a character (or two works even better) exalted with the tillers and exclusively plant snakeroot. With engineering you can pop out a skygolem every month that sells between 50-100k gold depending on your server.  Thanks to my friends changing realms every expansion and me being too cheap to transfer characters I have multiple engineers on multiple servers and they've made token buying much easier. Though admittedly it was much nicer when tokens sold for 60-90k, 110k was less nice, this 140 flux is going to throw a wrench in buying tokens every month. 

9 hours ago, Sawzorthn said:

You can buy the game using your blizz bux. I was going to comment how I liked that prices have already bottomed back out to normal 110k but they jumped back up to 120.

Yeah just saw that...guess I didn't read enough due to not having any interest in Destiny.

8 hours ago, Vanquinn said:

Honestly they need to make a new token entirely for account balance and have wow tokens a whole separate currency. Because the prices are getting out of hand. I, as a strictly wow only player shouldn't have to pay insanely high token prices all because tokens can be used as currency for other games.

It's insanely unfair. I barely make just enough to buy a token because I don't want to burn myself out of wow. I raid mythic 3 nights a week and wanna play some alts. I don't grind gold. And i cannot afford they extra $15 a month right now. I don't play the AH, because I play the game to have FUN. Not grind gold.

Or we could go back to recent history when we couldn't buy game time for gold at all.  The injustice of a market actually driven by availability.

22 hours ago, Vanquinn said:

Maybe getting more game time for a token would be good enough

It would not feel so overwhelming if each token was two months or one and a half month.

• Like 1

Well i also have to mention lots of my friends has stopped playing due not being able to buy wow tokens ! they were able to buy em for 140-120k but +200k is totally a diffrent thing , we aint playing 24/7 to farm those golds ! its aint even fair! it sounds like it turns into a game money for now just like steam

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this