Stan

Patch 7.2.5 - Upgrading Legendary Items

Sign in to follow this  

20 posts in this topic

QOq6s29.jpg

In Patch 7.2.5, players will be able to upgrade their Legendary items to item level 970. The system is exactly the same as it was in 7.1.5. To upgrade existing Legendaries, you'll have to complete a new quest and gather 50 Writhing EssenceWrithing Essences to get Stabilized Titan EssenceStabilized Titan Essence. Legendary items that drop after 7.2.5 goes live will have item level 970 by default.

The quest is started by looting Spoiled SampleSpoiled Sample from the weekly Order Hall Cache. On PTR, you can start the quest directly from within the Suggested Contents tab of Adventurer's Journal. 

The Spoiled Sample

• <You pick up a vial of thick, inky liquid. Its contents react to your touch, boiling and popping furiously for a moment before settling down into a persistent glow. The substance resembles arcwine in this form, but the reaction reminds you of the breakdown of obliterum.

You tuck the vial in your bags. Someone in Dalaran familiar with the obliterum forge might know more.>

Unsettled Power

• The release of the energy previously trapped in the Nightwell has... complicated the influence of Aman'Thul scattered about the Broken Isles. Sadly, the results of my previous work have been invalidated, much like the contents of this vial.

I must understand what has caused this change! Please, bring me more samples so that I may continue my work. It goes without saying that you will be the beneficiary of any breakthroughs I may find.

In Patch 7.1.5, players had to complete a similar quest, where they had to gather 50 Essence of Aman'ThulEssences of Aman'Thul to acquire Distilled Titan EssenceDistilled Titan Essence and upgrade existing Legendary items to item level 940. Essences dropped from emissary caches or Mythic+ chests.

Currently there are no plans to increase the cap of Legendary items you can equip in Patch 7.2.5, but it may be raised in the future (maybe in Patch 7.3).

So are M+ required to get the essences as well or just the quest? Some of us casuals are perfectly content never seeing Mythic Raiding gear and sets but it seems kinda crappy to lock us out of the new legendary upgrade. And yes if you are a casual, unguilded player the chances of anyone helping you with M+ dungeons is next to zero. I have an 896 Assassin rogue who gets told all the time "If you have never done a mythic before we don't want you." Been that way since before way before 7.2 hit even.

3 hours ago, CTB666 said:

So are M+ required to get the essences as well or just the quest? Some of us casuals are perfectly content never seeing Mythic Raiding gear and sets but it seems kinda crappy to lock us out of the new legendary upgrade. And yes if you are a casual, unguilded player the chances of anyone helping you with M+ dungeons is next to zero. I have an 896 Assassin rogue who gets told all the time "If you have never done a mythic before we don't want you." Been that way since before way before 7.2 hit even.

I've been playing more M+ than raiding, and I'm as casual as you could get. It's really not hard to get into a M+ dungeon.

If you're really having trouble finding groups, make your own.

The new essences will most likely drop from the same sources as the essences of Aman'thul? Between 1 and 4 from an emissary cache, and 1 or 2 per LFR boss. So possibly no hardcore raiding or Mythic+ will be necessary.

Edited by Jperry21

On ‎5‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 7:29 PM, CTB666 said:

I do not find it too hard to get into a M+ dungeon but each person has different experiences.  I will say that to me at least you have to be persistent and look.  I have a 891 hunter alt and I haven't had too many issues.  Just start small at 2 and work your way up as most people are more accepting at lower keystone levels.

On 5/23/2017 at 4:29 PM, CTB666 said:

Short answer, For what I've seen no one really wants rogues in an M+ because they tend to do low dps. MM hunters, Ret pallies, frost DK, Demon hunters, boomkin, arcane/frost/fire mage, ele/enhaced shaman, affliction warlock all tend to do more dps than a rogue. Very few mages and ele shamans know how to pull good numbers also. Frost dk and DH are pretty much a face roll if you've looked into the class at all.

The long answer,

If your 896 equipped and you cant pull dps to 3 chest a +10 I would turn you down in a heart beat. Not trying to be an a**hole but the fact remains a full 890 group can 3 chest a +10. When I look you up on wow progress and see you have no M+ experience and no parses on warcraft logs I have zero desire to take some one like that. I have been in full 900+ groups that failed to 3 chest a +10 because they simply have no idea how to play their class or run the dungeon the proper way. As a 908 blood dk tank I've 2 chested a +15 with 905 healers and dps and 2 of the dps were below sub par dps for their ilvl (I don't look to push past a 10 unless its a group I enjoy running with). So by equipped ilvl 900 you should be able to 2-3 chest +13-15. I focus on healing over dps also as blood, I finished a +15 NL last week at 480k dps and did 92% healing of all damage taken. +15 lower finished at 450k and did 87% of my healing needed. In other words I don't focus on DPS.

Rogues also tend to do, well, terrible dps. I've ran with maybe two rogues that did top tier dps. When I say top tier I mean around 900k overall in a +10 (did a +12 HoV the other day with a rogue that finished at about 900k but i think he was 905 equipped). Most rogues average 400-600k at a 905-910 bag ilvl. As a blood DK I average 500k in a +10-13 dungeon and blood dks do the least amount of damage of all tanks - proven fact - that's why we're getting a buff next patch to our damage. If your 900 equipped and not at least pulling 700k overall you need to study up on your class a crap ton more, if your pulling under 800k you still need help. As a 900 equipped frost dk with sephuz and prydaz I was able to push 1mill overall in a +10 (that's what I was pulling before I got my first frost legendary). I now push 900k-950k overall in a +15 907-909 equipped 900k-1.1mill in a +10 HoV 1.4mill in a +10 BRH. I currently only have ONE frost specific legendary. No one wants to run a 1 chest dungeon unless they are pushing the key to get more AP out of weekly chest

I'll also note That I do not have a guild and have zero issue getting into dungeons as frost and blood dk. One is a tank and the other is a face roll AoE class but the biggest thing that gets me in is Key Stone Master KSM.

This is why people pass over rogues, other classes are easier to play and simply do more numbers on average.

On 24/5/2017 at 1:29 AM, CTB666 said:

I don't recall having a hard time finding M+ when I played.

Also, I honestly do not get why "casuals" (as you called it yourself) bitch and moan about stuff they "can't get because they don't do that content". Seriously, why are you playing an MMO, then?

Edited by Weltenfeind

On 5/27/2017 at 3:42 PM, Weltenfeind said:

I don't recall having a hard time finding M+ when I played.

Also, I honestly do not get why "casuals" (as you called it yourself) bitch and moan about stuff they "can't get because they don't do that content". Seriously, why are you playing an MMO, then?

Agree with this 100%. It's like playing League and complaining about not getting a border in Bronze because you're a casual, or playing CS:GO (if certain ranks rewarded the players) and complaining about not getting it, because YOU CHOOSE TO BE CASUAL. What's the point in having an MMO that doesn't reward those who CHOOSE to not be casual, and actually invest a lot of time into the game. There is none. 

13 hours ago, Sublime said:

Agree with this 100%. It's like playing League and complaining about not getting a border in Bronze because you're a casual, or playing CS:GO (if certain ranks rewarded the players) and complaining about not getting it, because YOU CHOOSE TO BE CASUAL. What's the point in having an MMO that doesn't reward those who CHOOSE to not be casual, and actually invest a lot of time into the game. There is none. 

My biggest problem is that it's been like that FOREVER in WoW. People whining about not being able to get stuff, because they don't do that content. Well, I don't whine about not being able to get PvP gear, because PvP isn't my thing so I can't get it, obviously. That's how it is.

But people still whine about it today even though WoW has so much solo content now. I just don't see any logic in playing an MMO if you don't actually like the content that requires multiple people. It's kind of the whole point of MMO's. Atleast themepark MMO's that has a set progression path.

7 hours ago, Weltenfeind said:

I just don't see any logic in playing an MMO if you don't actually like the content that requires multiple people. It's kind of the whole point of MMO's. Atleast themepark MMO's that has a set progression path.

I do think that over time, Blizzard have tried to ensure the game reaches every possible audience possible. Casual, hardcore, young, old, solo and group players. It's just kind of something that happens with games over time and, as they hit more audiences, they have to cater somewhat to each one. In order to try keep it appealing to every group, they start awarding things on time delays, slightly later, etc. etc.

BUT

You will always have limited edition things that look cool that people want and can't have. And they get angry about it. It just kinda happens, unfortunately!

26 minutes ago, Blainie said:

I do think that over time, Blizzard have tried to ensure the game reaches every possible audience possible. Casual, hardcore, young, old, solo and group players. It's just kind of something that happens with games over time and, as they hit more audiences, they have to cater somewhat to each one. In order to try keep it appealing to every group, they start awarding things on time delays, slightly later, etc. etc.

BUT

You will always have limited edition things that look cool that people want and can't have. And they get angry about it. It just kinda happens, unfortunately!

I mean, it's only natural to cater to as many people as possible if it doesn't actually affect the quality of the content already in the game. And I'm not against stuff for soloing. Raiders need stuff to do outside of raids as well. It's more the idea that people want more and more solo content that bothers me which then turns into "Raiders has this, I want that too, but I don't want to raid!". Wouldn't a game like Skyrim be more suited to them? I'm not trying to be unreasonable, just understand why people play the game in those cases.

15 hours ago, Weltenfeind said:

I mean, it's only natural to cater to as many people as possible if it doesn't actually affect the quality of the content already in the game. And I'm not against stuff for soloing. Raiders need stuff to do outside of raids as well. It's more the idea that people want more and more solo content that bothers me which then turns into "Raiders has this, I want that too, but I don't want to raid!". Wouldn't a game like Skyrim be more suited to them? I'm not trying to be unreasonable, just understand why people play the game in those cases.

I see what you're saying - the main population of the game is still people that want to play together and, just because you don't want to, doesn't mean the game should be tailored to give you everything they work for.

I think the availability of so many rewards because of soloing past content doesn't help the situation - I'd expect the amount of soloable content to be enough, but I guess not!

19 minutes ago, Blainie said:

I see what you're saying - the main population of the game is still people that want to play together and, just because you don't want to, doesn't mean the game should be tailored to give you everything they work for.

I think the availability of so many rewards because of soloing past content doesn't help the situation - I'd expect the amount of soloable content to be enough, but I guess not!

Indeed. Anyway, I don't want to be one of those elitist jerks that in turn whines about whiners getting stuff, and that wasn't my point if it seemed like that.

My one advice for people feeling this way, though: Find a good, fun, casual guild (or start your own). I was never a hardcore raider myself, just casual raider, and raiding alongside people just for the enjoyment of figuring out fights together etc is some of the most fun I've had in a game.

On 6/10/2017 at 0:47 PM, Weltenfeind said:

Indeed. Anyway, I don't want to be one of those elitist jerks that in turn whines about whiners getting stuff, and that wasn't my point if it seemed like that.

My one advice for people feeling this way, though: Find a good, fun, casual guild (or start your own). I was never a hardcore raider myself, just casual raider, and raiding alongside people just for the enjoyment of figuring out fights together etc is some of the most fun I've had in a game.

I do think that there is an overestimation of what is actually required to see a lot of group content, such as raids, etc.

A casual, once per week guild can easily clear a normal, or even possibly heroic raid by just working together. You don't need to raid 7 times per week to clear a normal.

3 hours ago, Blainie said:

I do think that there is an overestimation of what is actually required to see a lot of group content, such as raids, etc.

A casual, once per week guild can easily clear a normal, or even possibly heroic raid by just working together. You don't need to raid 7 times per week to clear a normal.

Honestly speaking, I think people overestimate how hard and how hardcore you have to be to clear ALL the content.

Anyone remember when those guys did ICC with blue gear only? Yeeeaaah. All it needs is a good head and good understanding of your class and the fights. You don't actually have to be hardcore for that. It's obviously a little more complicated today with a myriad of different content difficulties, but still possible I think. I guess time is more of an issue, but in that case, as a casual raiding guild, you'd just move on.

Also, just because it's a casual guild, doesn't mean it doesn't raid more than once a week. Casual raiding for me, is more the mindset of: "Let's just have fun and see how far we get tonight". No requirements for knowing tactics etc (the point should be to figure them out together, which is the fun part),

Edited by Weltenfeind

4 hours ago, Weltenfeind said:

Also, just because it's a casual guild, doesn't mean it doesn't raid more than once a week. Casual raiding for me, is more the mindset of: "Let's just have fun and see how far we get tonight". No requirements for knowing tactics etc (the point should be to figure them out together, which is the fun part),

Yeah, similar to how when you were newer to the game, you might have actually checked your quest log to see what to do rather than just following the arrow telling you what to do! It's just another adventure to go on together!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Blainie said:

Yeah, similar to how when you were newer to the game, you might have actually checked your quest log to see what to do rather than just following the arrow telling you what to do! It's just another adventure to go on together!

Thottbot did make your life a hell of a lot easier, though. :p

19 hours ago, Weltenfeind said:

Thottbot did make your life a hell of a lot easier, though. :p

The first cave-quest finder. It was truly glorious.

• Like 1