FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Roshii72

Aff SimCraft Value's Question/Issue

First off please hear me out. This isn't really a post about lack of dps or anything of that nature but more of a "Am I going about this the correct way" because I feel like I'm not.I use Simcraft pawn strings to help me identify on the fly what pieces are generally good for me to upgrade in-game and I re-sim after almost every somewhat decent upgrade and it's been working out really well for me but lately, and I'll post my armory for anyone curious https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/illidan/cynex, my values have been really weird. I was generally under the impression that for Affliction average Int>Mastery>Haste=Crit>Vers. If I'm wrong feel free to correct me, I thought Mastery was king more or less. My latest Simcraft for affliction has me at Intellect=10.15, CritRating=9.00, HasteRating=10.64, MasteryRating=10.02, Versatility=7.81 with haste actually over mastery AND int. Am I missing something obvious? My dps for my ilvl is fairly decent so I'm not complaining but I was hoping for some input from the lock community as to why this is the case and if I need to change something. I've only really been working on this character for about a week so I'm still learning as I go. On a side note those are 10000 iterations. My comp blue screens when I try to do 25000. Thanks in advance for any and all constructive advice and criticism!!!  Cheers

Edited by Roshii72
Forgot to post spec

You're not missing anything, you're over thinking it, but that doesn't matter much.

Your ilvl is very low still, the higher it gets the more int sucks. My warlock is around 910-915 now and int is behind literally all other stats. Mastery>haste=crit>Verse>Int.

It's commonly true that, regardless of any official diminishing return caps in the game, most stats tend to have that anyway.  For example previously for me Mastery simmed substantially higher than Haste, but after my most recent gear upgrades, they were neck and neck.

One thing simms tend not to model as well is target switching, where a haste is more valuable than a single target situation.