FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Strife

Demo Feedback from those that have cleared SoO now

More questions smile.png

After having played Demo for 11/12 bosses in ToT (stayed Dest for Prim) and loving the spec, I'm really missing it changing to Dest/Aff now.

I'm actually really liking Aff after running it in LFR ToT, Flex SoO, and the first 2 bosses on SoO Normal last night (well used Destro for Immerseus), but still hate Destro.

After reading various forums it seems that people playing Demo have still been doing really well in SoO, although waiting for WoL to get updated means I haven't seen any numbers yet. It seems that other than the first boss in SoO, aff or demo works for everything else as potential top specs?

Was just wondering if any top raiders who have cleared SoO and maybe compared to other non-demos in their raid how the numbers are comparing between specs. For protectors even though I did top dps in my raid on Aff, I had to hold off on cleave because we were pushing DM phase too fast. I feel like Demo could be alot more valuable because you're getting some cleave damage from your dots, but the imps are alot more focused on primary target from doom crits.

I would love to juggle Demo and Aff for various bosses which are both very fun for me while still remaining optimal. If Immerseus is the main fight where destro trumps the other 2 specs, I'm not as worried because of how easy that fight is anyways.

Do people who have experienced all the fights now see it as close to optimal running demo/aff? Looking at trinket sims, it seems even normal UVLS is better than heroic SoO trinkets as well. I'd probably end up running the 9778 haste breakpoint, rest mastery, and have UVLS + Bindings for Demo and BB + Bindings for Aff eventually.

I started playing in 5.3 so I'm not sure if I could find a group to ever get H UVLS although I plan on doing H SoO, so not sure how much normal UVLS would gimp me?

Also I switched from Troll to Orc in 5.4 because of only 1 beast mob and nerf to haste and Imp Swarm, but it seems Troll is actually still top with Demo/Aff and Orc is only better with Destro? I know it's minor but I like controlling as much as I can to try and maximize my dps outside of playing better :x

Edited by Strife

I don't mean to sound rude, but have you been keeping up with the other threads?  We've been dicussing most of this stuff like mad.  smile.png

I will say that beasts aside, troll is still a very sexy option, *especially* for Demonology.

our 25 man has been running 4 locks this week (1 is a trial) with a mix of all 3 specs. demo/destro or demo/aff is definitely the way to go for normal modes this tier. i have a HTF UVLS that still procs like mad and i just picked up 2pc t16 at the end of last raid so i can't wait to see my demo numbers next week.

destro's single target is just too far behind demo and aff to be competitive. it's true that a lot of fights are multitarget/cleave, but the normal mode adds die too fast for destro's strong AOE to make up for its shitty single-target. there are maybe ~2 fights that are an exception to this, but even then, a well executed demo AOE rotation with MF up will do insane numbers too. 

as for racials, meh. i've gotten top 5 parses and i have never played anything other than undead, even with other locks in the raid paying for race switch to orc/troll. troll haste would be nice but i don't need it yet.

I don't mean to sound rude, but have you been keeping up with the other threads?  We've been dicussing most of this stuff like mad.  smile.png

I will say that beasts aside, troll is still a very sexy option, *especially* for Demonology.

Yea I've been reading everything I can, I don't recall if anyone talked about how exactly demo lined up to the other specs though across all fights and if dropping dest is optimal for all other fights except immerseus. With how fast the adds die on immerseus anyways it seems you demo and meta would be fine anyways? Or does the single target for Aff on Immerseus make up for it? The adds seem to die so fast I can't see Aff really being ideal for that.

But it does seem like Demo/Aff would be good overall, Aff for single target, Demo for AoE and either for council type fights? My raid is a bit more casual currently so right now we're focusing on the first 4 or so bosses this week so have really only really researched and played those.

I see WoL data is up though, so I'll be researching that smile.png

Edited by Omaric

Demo single-target is actually extremely good with UVLS. I guess it really depends on your procs.