FORUMS
Banard

Quaker Advertisement

Taking over the whole page and then blaring at me. This on top of that horrible PS4 game one the other week......don't destroy your site with shitty advertisements...keep them unobtrusive or lose people....look at hots logs...dont go that route. 

I understand need to get paid...but some on ...no need.

Hello Banard,

Could you please provide me with a screenshot of the ad? I connected to a proxy in your country to see if I would get it too but I can't see anything like you describe. So, a screenshot would greatly help my investigation :)

All the best,

Damien

1 hour ago, Damien said:

Hello Banard,

Could you please provide me with a screenshot of the ad? I connected to a proxy in to see if I would get it too but I can't see anything like you describe. So, a screenshot would greatly help my investigation :)

All the best,

Damien

TY for saying my location in a public forum. Nice to know information is safe. 

My apologies for that, I edited it out. That said, I was only mentioning the country, so I was far from sharing your exact location. Also, you're not helping at all with the issue at hand :(

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Damien said:

My apologies for that, I edited it out. That said, I was only mentioning the country, so I was far from sharing your exact location. Also, you're not helping at all with the issue at hand :(

Didn't see the advertisement again...it popped up twice  and didn't see it again. First time on this site i saw something that obtrusive.  

12 hours ago, Banard said:

Didn't see the advertisement again...it popped up twice  and didn't see it again. First time on this site i saw something that obtrusive.  

As a rule, anything obtrusive is not allowed. Note that ads are mostly automated and there are thousands and thousands of different ads shown every day on the site (each ad targeting a specific geolocation), so it is not possible to screen them all. To combat bad ads, the agency we work with has a complex filtering system in place, but it's a cat and mouse game. Eventually a bad ad finds its way and that's why user reports are important.