FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Battlespring

Stats

Yes, DPS is less affected by stats than playing correctly.  Yet when you play correctly improving your stats in an optimal manor will improve your DPS.  I'm thinking about going Aff/Destro for SoO.  

I'm thinking my optimal set up would be 10125 haste with everything else i can stuffed into mastery.   Do the "gods" of warlocks see any issue with this type of stat stacking, With trying to balance the stats for both Affliction and Destruction?

What are you trying to get with 10125 Haste specifically?  Seems like an odd value.

I hadn't realized that the 10124 from the Destruction tips and quirks was out of date. 10125 was a fat finger.

After whispering with gahhda on Saturday, he pointed that out.  

I'm still thinking about where to take the haste to before shoving the rest possible into mastery.

I hadn't realized that the 10124 from the Destruction tips and quirks was out of date. 10125 was a fat finger.

After whispering with gahhda on Saturday, he pointed that out.  

I'm still thinking about where to take the haste to before shoving the rest possible into mastery.

How is the 10124 cap out of date? 

yes and no.   Yes that still adds a second tick to Immolate, without the amp trinket.  No, destruction's stats are such that the break points are not as important as a spec like Affliction.  

Zagam, Omaric or Gahhda please correct me if i'm wrong.

yes and no.   Yes that still adds a second tick to Immolate, without the amp trinket.  No, destruction's stats are such that the break points are not as important as a spec like Affliction.  

Zagam, Omaric or Gahhda please correct me if i'm wrong.

Yeah you've got it.  Reaching the haste breakpoints for Destruction isn't as important as it is for the other two specs (Demo to a lesser extent).  If you're reaching for over 10k haste with an ilvl under 530, then you may be be hurting yourself.  I try to keep mastery above my haste if at all possible.

• Like 1

Destruction also has GCD issues with too much Haste.  10k is awfully close to the Haste ceiling.