FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Browed

Blast Radius 7.2.5

Flat 40% reduction in power:

Death Knight (Forums, Talent Calculator, PvP Talent Calculator, Artifact Calculator)
Frost

Blast Radius (Rank 1) Increases damage dealt by Howling Blast by 10%. 6%.

Blast Radius (Rank 2) Increases damage dealt by Howling Blast by 20%. 12%.

Blast Radius (Rank 3) Increases damage dealt by Howling Blast by 30%. 18%.

Blast Radius (Rank 4) Increases damage dealt by Howling Blast by 40%. 24%.

Blast Radius (Rank 5) Increases damage dealt by Howling Blast by 50%. 30%.

Blast Radius (Rank 6) Increases damage dealt by Howling Blast by 60%. 36%.

Blast Radius (Rank 7) Increases damage dealt by Howling Blast by 70%. 42%.

Blast Radius (Rank 8) Increases damage dealt by Howling Blast by 80%. 48%.

Looks like we're being gently weaned off T19 x2 and Helm at once.. with a hammer to the face.

I for one will be looking for the new legendaries with far more interest now... Chest and Talent Ring especially.

It's worth noting that we are getting a 3% across the board increase as compensation, but that isn't enough.

Death Knight (Forums, Talent Calculator, PvP Talent Calculator, Artifact Calculator)
Frost

Frost Death Knight Increases damage/healing of Death Strike, Frost Breath, Frost Fever, Frostscythe, Howling Blast by 0% 3%. Increases periodic damage/healing of Death Strike, Frost Breath, Frost Fever, Frostscythe, Howling Blast by 0%. Death Knight - Frost Spec. 3%. Death Knight - Frost Spec.

Edited by Browed

sad thing is they already nerfed one of the legendary items that looked fun. they really hate that helm though. rather ironic, all of us who got it in like 7.0 where so disappointed, joy was then given to us and then taken away :(  

it will however make our tier 2 talent row interesting. Horn of winter is not that strong and frozen pulse lacking synergy with the BOS dominant build. Frankly with how weird the waters have been churning I think at this point It would be jawesome if we got some weird hodgepodge talent build that wasn't bos or machinegun, something new and different.

I dont really know why they're trying to make Unholy better than Frost... Unholy was better for the last 2-3 expacs(and the start of this one). I don't really like the play style of Uh but right now it does have its benefits over Frost(more survivability/ better at PVP) and now (in 7..2.5)UH is gonna be better at EVERYTHING... thats not how balancing works. I hope the HB change doesn't stick. I simply dont see any other build for frost that makes it stay competitive unless other talents gets buffs. The new chest piece looked interesting but that already got so nerfed that it's now useless. If their reasoning was the helmet and T19 2 set that made HB "to powerfull" then nerf the helm( again) and t19 2 set. nerf the helm to 10% and the 2 set to 15% and that should fix the problem but instead blizz decides to not nerf the reason why HB was "to powerfull" but nerf blast radius which wasnt the problem and unfortunately affects ALL Frost dks, not just the ones with the problematic gear.

I don't even use the helmet and it feels like Blizz is punishing me cause they think I use it....

I really don't want to switch to UH just to stay competitive. 

Edited by alleraz

16 hours ago, alleraz said:

I dont really know why they're trying to make Unholy better than Frost... Unholy was better for the last 2-3 expacs(and the start of this one). I don't really like the play style of Uh but right now it does have its benefits over Frost(more survivability/ better at PVP) and now (in 7..2.5)UH is gonna be better at EVERYTHING... thats not how balancing works. I hope the HB change doesn't stick. I simply dont see any other build for frost that makes it stay competitive unless other talents gets buffs. The new chest piece looked interesting but that already got so nerfed that it's now useless. If their reasoning was the helmet and T19 2 set that made HB "to powerfull" then nerf the helm( again) and t19 2 set. nerf the helm to 10% and the 2 set to 15% and that should fix the problem but instead blizz decides to not nerf the reason why HB was "to powerfull" but nerf blast radius which wasnt the problem and unfortunately affects ALL Frost dks, not just the ones with the problematic gear.

I don't even use the helmet and it feels like Blizz is punishing me cause they think I use it....

I really don't want to switch to UH just to stay competitive. 

eh first unholy was trash in quite a few xpacs, even in WoD its highlight was really only in HFC once the legendary ring got completed.

but blizz has played this game all along. They can only tune one DK spec at a time. Then when they try and alter the other spec instead of turning the knob down by one, they crank it down by 10. So honestly, to stay competitive a lot of the times you would jump specs almost every patch it felt like. A couple was more play X spec until you get X stats or gear than switch.

Now I agree blizz has gotten a little over zealous with the helm and farting around with howling blast but again its the whole over tune under tune deal. It's typically not a terrible deal but with the whole artifact weapon deal and legendary items they made spec switching a bit more problematic.

However, while unholy may end up better than frost it doesn't necessarily mandate that frost will be garbage, BOS is still powerful and there is still the amazing legendary synergy. So, unless doing cutting edge mythic progression (which although all of the internet does the actual stats say otherwise) it doesn't matter much. Frost will do just find through heroic. 

Also on mmo there are several heavy threads doing the math and it appears that the nerf isn't as much of a catastrophe as it may seem because there is an overlaying aura buff being applied. So it appears to only really disadvantage those who had 3/3 blast radius relics that were perfect, and kinda helping out those who didn't.

tldr frost should still be in a decent place (at least at the moment)

7 hours ago, demonardvark said:

eh first unholy was trash in quite a few xpacs, even in WoD its highlight was really only in HFC once the legendary ring got completed.

but blizz has played this game all along. They can only tune one DK spec at a time. Then when they try and alter the other spec instead of turning the knob down by one, they crank it down by 10. So honestly, to stay competitive a lot of the times you would jump specs almost every patch it felt like. A couple was more play X spec until you get X stats or gear than switch.

Now I agree blizz has gotten a little over zealous with the helm and farting around with howling blast but again its the whole over tune under tune deal. It's typically not a terrible deal but with the whole artifact weapon deal and legendary items they made spec switching a bit more problematic.

However, while unholy may end up better than frost it doesn't necessarily mandate that frost will be garbage, BOS is still powerful and there is still the amazing legendary synergy. So, unless doing cutting edge mythic progression (which although all of the internet does the actual stats say otherwise) it doesn't matter much. Frost will do just find through heroic. 

Also on mmo there are several heavy threads doing the math and it appears that the nerf isn't as much of a catastrophe as it may seem because there is an overlaying aura buff being applied. So it appears to only really disadvantage those who had 3/3 blast radius relics that were perfect, and kinda helping out those who didn't.

tldr frost should still be in a decent place (at least at the moment)

Unholy was better than frost in all 3 raids in WOD dude, it was actually one of the best specs in the first 2 raids of all classes due to the consistensy of their dps. 

Actually unholy was better in MoP and WoD... As far as the nerf it doesn't make any logical sense. They said the reason was the helm and t19 2 set which is  why HB was to powerful so instead of fixing the problem(the helm and 2 set) they nerf blast radius which wasnt the problem and affects all frost DKs. I do think if ppl actually send enough feedback to Blizz they might change BR back and nerf the helm and/or 2 set bonus. I do like the T20 changes though, atleast they made progress there.

As far as the Aura buff I can tell it isnt enough... I dont need to do math to figure that out. Maybe if they pump it to 5-6% but 3% is simply to low.

I agree Blizz seems to have issues tuning multiple specs of the same class but in Legion it's even worse with how random gear is and legendarys.

Edited by alleraz

14 hours ago, alleraz said:

I agree Blizz seems to have issues tuning multiple specs of the same class but in Legion it's even worse with how random gear is and legendarys.

I honestly think this line perfectly portrays the issues in legion. I agree on your agreement

16 hours ago, Vacivity said:

Unholy was better than frost in all 3 raids in WOD dude, it was actually one of the best specs in the first 2 raids of all classes due to the consistensy of their dps. 

Clearly my memory isn't quite what it used to be. Although I must say I did get some warm fuzzies looking at various highmaul rankings for reasons.