FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
upirlikhyi

Came back to mage and looking at what stats

it says here its haste to -8k then vers but the recomended ring enchants are crit. Should I use a haste enchant til i get to 8k then go vers to 3k then crit or should I just do crit on rings now?

for an arc mage 

Edited by upirlikhyi

On 6/2/2017 at 11:23 PM, upirlikhyi said:

it says here its haste to -8k then vers but the recomended ring enchants are crit. Should I use a haste enchant til i get to 8k then go vers to 3k then crit or should I just do crit on rings now?

for an arc mage 

Boosting haste has a lot to do with your legendaries, trinkets and tier pieces as well. Haste becomes a superior stat to push to 8k+ when it doesn't force you into longer conserve windows. Anything that speeds you up will make you burn your mana faster. Overdo it, and the net result is negative - you'll be better off investing in damage scaling through vers/crit.

Above all, the meat of Arcane stat weights is that Mastery is a crappy stat. If you have a Kilt (and if you don't, you simply need one) you'd probably want to avoid mastery on virtually every other gear piece. 20% is already enough Mastery, and dropping down further is not even a bad thing, if it allows you to get decent Crit and Haste numbers. The additional mana from Mastery simply isn't worth it, it is highly counter intuitive like that.

Versatility to 3k is highly important because it scales well at low scores and provides a very 'cheap' 5-8% damage increase not only on 4 charges, but in all situations and is multiplicative with the Arcane Charges damage bonus. This is why it is better than Mastery. The reduced incoming damage is the cherry on top.

In the end the big DPS boosts in Arcane come not from stat weights but from always looking to have as little conserve phases in your fights as you can possibly have, and maximizing the output during burst windows (Arcane Power). The stat weights for arcane are ridiculously close.

About those enchants: the 400 points you can enchant on rings are not ever going to be a noticeable difference. Get the enchants in the stat that is hardest for you to stack because of the tier pieces you use/have. In general, this means crit or haste. If you're still gearing through pre T20 content, versatility.

Edited by Vayra