FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Valks

Reading Order of Diablo Books

Below you can find my recommended reading order of the published novels and short stories of the Diablo universe. If you have any suggestions about the order, you're more than welcome to let me know in a reply and I'll see what I can do about fixing it!

1. Sin War Trilogy
    1. Birthright (Bk. 1): (Amazon.com, .co.uk, .ca, .de, .fr, .it, .es)
    2. Scales of the Serpent (Bk. 2): (Amazon.com, .co.uk, .ca, .de, .fr, .it, .es)
    3. The Veiled Prophet (Bk. 3): (Amazon.com, .co.uk, .ca, .de, .fr, .it, .es)
  2. Book of Cain: (Amazon.com, .co.uk, .ca, .de, .fr, .it, .es)
  3. Legacy of Blood: (Amazon.com, .co.uk, .ca, .de, .fr, .it, .es) [Also found in Archive: (Amazon.com, .co.uk, .ca, .de, .fr, .it, .es)]
  4. The Black Road: (Amazon.com, .co.uk, .ca, .de, .fr, .it, .es) [Also found in Archive: (Amazon.com, .co.uk, .ca, .de, .fr, .it, .es)]
  5. Kingdom of Shadow: (Amazon.com, .co.uk, .ca, .de, .fr, .it, .es) [Also found in Archive: (Amazon.com, .co.uk, .ca, .de, .fr, .it, .es)]
  6. Moon of the Spider: (Amazon.com, .co.uk, .ca, .de, .fr, .it, .es)
  7. The Order: (Amazon.com, .co.uk, .ca, .de, .fr, .it, .es)
  8. Sword of Justice: (Amazon.com, .co.uk, .ca, .de, .fr, .it, .es)
  9. Hatred and Discipline [Short Story] (Read here)
  10. Wayfarer [Short Story] (Read here)
  11. Unyielding [Short Story] (Read here)
  12. Doubtwalker [Short Story] (Read here)
  13. Firefly [Short Story] (Read here)
  14. Heroes Rise, Darkness Falls: (Amazon.com, .co.uk, .ca, .de, .fr, .it, .es)
  15. Book of Tyrael: (Amazon.com, .co.uk, .ca, .de, .fr, .it, .es)
  16. Storm of Light: (Amazon.com, .co.uk, .ca, .de, .fr, .it, .es)
  17. The End of Her Journey [Short Story] (Read here)
  18. Morbed: (Amazon.com, .co.uk, .ca, .de, .fr, .it, .es)
  19. The Orphan and the Jeweler [Short Story] (Read here)
  20. Brothers in Arms [Short Story] (Read here)
  21. Middlewick [Short Story] (Read here)
  22. Turn of a Card [Short Story] (Read here)

It's worth noting that there is also a novel by the name of Demonsbane, but it was actually written before the D2/D3 storylines ended up being finalised. This means there is a huge amount of contradiction with the lore. You can read it as something interesting, but it doesn't really "fit" in the structure above. I would advise reading it after the others, so that you have a clear understanding of the true lore first. It can only be found in the Archives book now, so it's worth purchasing if you would like to read the other stories anyway.

Happy reading!

The SinWar Trilogy is actually pretty good.

Definitly worth a read. And IMO the whole Nephalemstory is way better then in D3.

On 10/11/2017 at 11:40 PM, WedgeAntilles said:

The SinWar Trilogy is actually pretty good.

Definitly worth a read. And IMO the whole Nephalemstory is way better then in D3.

Missed this completely! I think it was just better explained with how they deal with the Nephalems and their origins. The game gave so much amazing lore on it.

Ok, i was really interested in reading all the books, as i actually read only the book of cain.

But it seems that the first book of the Sin War Trilogy on Amazon Italy is at 70€ lol.. any suggestion to buy it somewhere else?