FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Fablezim

@IcyVeins, why no LoN Spirit Barrage guide for WD's?

Hey good people on Icy Veins!

I am on your website practically every day while I play D3. I was wondering if its possible to write a guide (or link to an existing that I maybe couldn't find) for the weird WD LoN Spirit Barrage build, since that seems to be the most viable in extreme upper GR levels. There is a lot going on with that set up, some of which doesn't make sense to me, and I'd love to have a reference for it here! Or if WD's who currently use that could write an in-depth guide that would be great too.

My main questions for the build:

1. I'm guessing that a WD would socket +Str gems purely for the extra armor they get from it? Which seems bad but maybe at upper GR's that extra armor is crucial?

2. Why use Enforcer? I think Piranhas are considered pets, but aside from that I dont get it. Is it some hidden thing I'm missing, like Haunt/Locusts/even Spirit Barrage considered a pet?

3. Why does everyone use Swamp Land Waders in a dogless/sac-less build? No better option?

For the LoN build, I'm not sure why we don't have it up. I'll see if we can get it added, since it does seem pretty dominant.

For the questions:

1. This depends on if you need the extra toughness. If you don't, stick with Topaz. If you do, I'd take Rubies. There comes a point where gemming for toughness is essentially pointless (at 95+, perhaps), since you will die to anything anyway. If you fail to dodge/kite the attacks, the gems wouldn't have done anything to save you.
  2. I believe Enforcer is used due to a multitude of "pets" that are summoned via the build, most notably things such as the Phantasms from your Gazing Demise, for example, or your fetishes.
  3. They have elemental damage on them.

Hope this helps!

Thanks for responding Blainie! And ohhhhhhh @ #3, I must have overlooked that because that one was baffling me haha. Yeah it would be great if that build-guide could get added!

13 hours ago, Fablezim said:

Thanks for responding Blainie! And ohhhhhhh @ #3, I must have overlooked that because that one was baffling me haha. Yeah it would be great if that build-guide could get added!

It's an easy thing to miss! I'll do my best on the build front :)

On 07/06/2017 at 8:55 PM, Blainie said:

For the LoN build, I'm not sure why we don't have it up. I'll see if we can get it added, since it does seem pretty dominant.

Any idea when (if) this will get added? It seems to be the top WD on leaderboards.