FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Fryingguy

Havoc relic question

I'm a 901 havoc dh.  I'm rolling 3 critical chaos relics right now, but my weapon is only 904.  I have 2 eye beam relics that would boost my artifact to 922.  I'm wondering if I should replace my lower chaos strike relics with the higher eye beam ones.  I also am demonic, don't know if that matters.  I go CB/nemesis for ST boss fights, but majority of my time is spent in demonic.

Because the weapon scaling is good, going to 922 will be better than sticking with the lower relics (the average difference per relic seems to be 11 ilvls, which is a lot. Even Feral Druids who have artifacts that scale for crap don't have that big of an ilvl boost for any relic).

For Single Target, your percentages will likely change, but the overall dmg should go up and by a nice clip.

For Multi Target, your overall dmg should be much higher due to both improved Eye Beam and Blade Dance.

GL and enjoy.

You've probably already done this, but use your higher ilvl relics. The Critical Chaos trait only counts for ~4 weapon ilvls, so you were effectively losing 10 weapon ilvls by not using them.