Roghalochan

HELP! Resto ilvl 904

Sign in to follow this  

4 posts in this topic

Hi all,

I am new to healing and playing a shaman. I pretty much only ever played a rogue Wrath-Cata, and have recently come back as a Resto Shaman in Legion. I am doing my best to configure everything correctly but I think that I am missing some stuff. My logs show that I am under preforming (bottom 35% of resto shams in my ilvl range). I am looking for any sort of constructive criticism and advice that anyone may have.

I currently sit at 45 artifact traits, 46.2k intel, 35% crit, 12% haste, and 86% mastery.

Talents: 5937800c71a45_icyhelptalents.thumb.PNG.a3e904674ed02c3908028d5e051e1325.PNG

If possible I would love to not have to use CBT. If it's the best though, it's the best. 

Armory link: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/dalaran/roghalochan

Logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/character/23608431/11#difficulty=5&class=Shaman&spec=Restoration&metric=hps&boss=1849(not sure if above link works)

Mythic NH: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/4zmRdkrFnvtQYwjq

Heroic NH: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/q7Ab3CFnYacQP4d8

I am stressing over not being able to keep up with my guilds progression, if you see anything that I need to correct or work on please comment.

Thanks in advance,

Rog

Edited by Roghalochan

Hi there, I might be able to give you some pointers that I can see is not great in here!

So let's start with stats which is the obvious improvement, your mastery is way too low. You want to stay above 100% mastery, I've got 111% and I'm looking for more. It's fine to throw the secondary into crit seeing as you seem to prefer the Chain Heal style of play but 35% is extremely high and not at all needed.

As for talents you should never use Deluge, it's not even close to Ancestral Guidance and AG have an incredible synergy with both Cloudburst and Gift of the Queen. You mention you'd like to avoid using CBT but while being used correctly it becomes 7-10% of your entire healing which is quite a bit. That being said, when we move on to t20 you lose the set bonus that let's you have higher uptime on Healing Stream Totem so Echoes could come back as a good option again BUT, a new legendary allows us to get both talents which is going to be our best legendary for sure so I'd advice learning to use CBT optimally and here is a fantastic guide to reach that goal:
https://chainheal.com/resto-shaman-guide-on-how-to-maximize-cloudburst-totem-cbt/

If you use Chain Heal more often than Wave and Surge I would advice against using the talent Undulation since the Torrents will benefit you more or even the Unleash Life into a crit Chain Heal is better. Undulation is difficult to maximize and doesn't fit the Chain Heal style of play.

Next is your synergy, you should be aware that Healing Tide Totem does not feed into your CBT (Totems heals are not from your cahracter and thus not counted as "your healing"), and shouldn't be combined. You either pop the CBT and use your chain heal potential to feed it up and wait to use Healing Tide when other things are on CD.
You should pop the CBT as you end the cast of a spell like Healing Rain, Surge or Chain Heal as it will count as well but that is explained more in detail in the link above.

Legendaries:
I'm assuming you don't have many yet since the Gloves and Neck are not great compared to your options.
BiS right now for NH for most shamans is Velen Trinket and the Shaladrassil healing legs. The Velen trinket synergies extremely well with Healing Tide Totem since it overheals a lot. The legs actually feeds into your CBT as well as works with Ancestran Guidance in addition to great stats.

Hope this helps, I am however not a chain healer myself and I use Ascendance with a more haste/CD type of play but most of the points above apply for both styles of shaman healing!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Arkpit said:

Hi there, I might be able to give you some pointers that I can see is not great in here!

Arkpit, thank you for your suggestions. I am definitely going to follow your advice on the talents and work on learning how to master CBT with the guide you linked.

My gratitude,

Rog

Edited by Roghalochan

Btw when looking for alternative upgrades for better stats, don't be afraid of versatility if it's an item that provides a lot of mastery since Mastery is incredibly important to us and versatility is raw healing output which isn't all that bad to be honest, mines around 6%.

I've got 110% Mastery, 18% Crit, 16% Haste, 6% Vers.

Best of luck!