Twizter

DPS Help

Sign in to follow this  

6 posts in this topic

I'm having a hard time increasing my DPS.  I was wondering if anyone can give me some ideas about what I'm doing wrong and what I can change to be more effective.

Here's a link to my armory:  https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/windrunner/twizter

Here's a link to a simulation that shows I should be doing 694k DPS on Krosus (H):  http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/simulator/report/cefba555e5e147bea8d9be5c18fe2546

Here's a link to a combat log that shows I did 558K DPS on Krosus (H):  https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/3R1twzDvJW6Qm2P7#fight=8&type=damage-done&source=12

I usually start my rotation in stealth with an Old War potion before pull and then Garrote.  I mutilate to 4 or 5 CPs and then Vanish and Rupture followed by Vendetta, Kingsbane, Kil'Jaeden's Burning Wish, and a bunch of Envenoms.  My DPS goes way up at the start of the fight but then comes back down during cooldowns.  I try to keep Garrote and Rupture up as long as I can.  One of the issues is that Kingsbane comes off cooldown before Vendetta which comes off cooldown before vanish, so I usually don't use Kingsbane until Vendetta is off cooldown so I can use them together.  Is this ideal?  Later in the fight I try to time Vanish with another Rupture but usually I use Envenom after Vanish instead.  Should I always use Rupture after Vanish?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

First off

Your Crit is lower and haste is higher then is likely Ideal

 secondly 

Rupture / Garrote uptime should/could be higher... log says your Rupture only has 87%ish up time and garrote up time is 85%ish

this can/should be closer to 100%. missing rupture and garrote ticks is a significant damage loss

CoF/ MA relics will help with Vendetta lining up with Kingsbane more, but yea i personally will wait a few seconds until i can KB with Vendetta

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Twizter said:

Should I always use Rupture after Vanish?

Without the legendary Shoulders, yes

19 hours ago, Twizter said:

Kingsbane until Vendetta is off cooldown so I can use them together

You don't really need to hold Kingsbane, just focus on keeping it up as much as possible. The new traits give a very low cooldown on the ability, and you can easily get 40% uptime or higher on it

19 hours ago, Twizter said:

Here's a link to a simulation that shows I should be doing 694k DPS on Krosus (H):  http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/simulator/report/cefba555e5e147bea8d9be5c18fe2546

Between this log and the other one you provided, you can see the difference that Rupture and Garrote uptime makes. On the warcraftlogs link, you had under 90% uptime, where on the Sim you had nearly 100%

19 hours ago, Twizter said:

 I mutilate to 4 or 5 CPs and then Vanish and Rupture followed by Vendetta, Kingsbane, Kil'Jaeden's Burning Wish, and a bunch of Envenoms.

Vendetta before you Vanish, so you benefit from the Energy restoration and don't waste unnecessary globals.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would also look at your "Recursive Strikes" on your Krosus log vs. Askmrrobot...for some reason sims over exaggerate the Frond all day long.  Through your entire raid you averaged 2.6%, but with Krosus you had 1.81%.  Mr Robot sims you at 4.4%.  IMHO, that trinket stinks because of it's unpredictability (like Poison Bomb).  

I think the value of Frond is really really overrated by sims, sites and players....I never have mine equipped...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Hamburglar said:

I would also look at your "Recursive Strikes" on your Krosus log vs. Askmrrobot...for some reason sims over exaggerate the Frond all day long.  Through your entire raid you averaged 2.6%, but with Krosus you had 1.81%.  Mr Robot sims you at 4.4%.  IMHO, that trinket stinks because of it's unpredictability (like Poison Bomb).  

I think the value of Frond is really really overrated by sims, sites and players....I never have mine equipped...

It's actually really strong for Rogues due to the fast white hit speed.

I regularly see my Frond at 4% of my overall damage, and it and Convergence are the top 2 (given equal ilevels)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.