FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Oro

Unholy 7.2.5

Any one got info on how 7.2.5 will change UH game-play, talants and/or artifact trait priority?

Edited by Oro
Clarification

As I understand, the main class changes are:

1) Death Coil will be getting increased damage and cost, but as there was a certain waste of RP, the increased cost goes unnoticed. Therefore, no relevant change in gameplay here.

2) Legendary bracers will pop 1-2 wounds instead of 1-3, reducing the random value of its effectiveness. No change implied, it'll still be a top legendary in my opinion.

3) I believe the Soul of the Deathlord legendary ring will be an incredibly powerful one for UH, increasing your cleave damage a lot by letting you take Bursting Sores and Ebon Fever at the same time. Both are passive, so no change in gameplay.

4) Only one artifact trait is getting changed (activating Apocalypse will now return 2 runes instead of 3).

5) The three talents in the last tier are getting buffed (Increased duration for Dark Arbiter, increased damage for Defile and Soul Reaper), so I guess the choice will remain similar, depending on your legendaries and current stats.

6) Main rotation abilites (Festering Strike + Scourge Strike/Clawing Shadows) are all getting increased damage, along with the damage dealt by bursting Wounds.

So for what I see, there will be no huge changes in gameplay, maybe in legendary priority and certain threshold values (amount of RP before spamming Death Coil, amount of Wounds before spamming Clawing Shadows, and the sort).

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Venekus said:

As I understand, the main class changes are:

1) Death Coil will be getting increased damage and cost, but as there was a certain waste of RP, the increased cost goes unnoticed. Therefore, no relevant change in gameplay here.

2) Legendary bracers will pop 1-2 wounds instead of 1-3, reducing the random value of its effectiveness. No change implied, it'll still be a top legendary in my opinion.

3) I believe the Soul of the Deathlord legendary ring will be an incredibly powerful one for UH, increasing your cleave damage a lot by letting you take Bursting Sores and Ebon Fever at the same time. Both are passive, so no change in gameplay.

4) Only one artifact trait is getting changed (activating Apocalypse will now return 2 runes instead of 3).

5) The three talents in the last tier are getting buffed (Increased duration for Dark Arbiter, increased damage for Defile and Soul Reaper), so I guess the choice will remain similar, depending on your legendaries and current stats.

6) Main rotation abilites (Festering Strike + Scourge Strike/Clawing Shadows) are all getting increased damage, along with the damage dealt by bursting Wounds.

So for what I see, there will be no huge changes in gameplay, maybe in legendary priority and certain threshold values (amount of RP before spamming Death Coil, amount of Wounds before spamming Clawing Shadows, and the sort).

not too much to add honestly, the tldr is basically "buffs or things we are being told are buffs across the board for unholy"