FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Dronkul

Top End DPS Help/Tips?

I sit around 906-908 depending on which legendaries I equip, and I can usually pull between 60-80% in Heroic... My Guild has progressed to 4/10M (we just reformed the team a few weeks ago attendance is more of an issue than the fights) I'd like to be pushing more, and I'm wondering what I'm doing wrong/if it's gear related... also I run my own sims with Simc (50k iterations, 5m patchwerk)and I've been using pawn to find upgrades.
Please consider only the mythic logs in this link: 
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/R241y7m9QfBhnP86

Other logs and stuff if you want: 
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/id/23347586

Armory as required?
https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/stormrage/dronkul

I would try running your sims no more than 25K iterations to avoid stat dr. 

Mark of the claw neck enchant. Ive noticed in logs where u will go into breath very early on fights with no Runic power HB>RW>oblit then to into ur breath.  w/ ring and lust u want to spam as many obliterates followed by rime procs during ERW. 

Edited by WTB

What is wrong with your dps? You want high performance on logs? Well you can't. Is not about you. You do your rotation perfectly. (http://www.checkmywow.com/  helps you see your performance). 

So your guild is first problem. 

Skorp M: avg to 100 takes 3 mins - you had 5 mins!!!

Chroma M: avg top 100 2,5 min - you havd 3.5 mins

Trilliax M: avg top 100 is 3 min - 4,2 mins and you died.

You can't have high dps at the end of the patch when others killed boses 20-30 times and wiped 100 times and they know perfectly how to work as a group. Logs are 60% are about group.

Just a personal opinion: stars stacking mastery.

3 hours ago, Dinake said:

What is wrong with your dps? You want high performance on logs? Well you can't. Is not about you. You do your rotation perfectly. (http://www.checkmywow.com/  helps you see your performance). 

So your guild is first problem. 

Skorp M: avg to 100 takes 3 mins - you had 5 mins!!!

Chroma M: avg top 100 2,5 min - you havd 3.5 mins

Trilliax M: avg top 100 is 3 min - 4,2 mins and you died.

You can't have high dps at the end of the patch when others killed boses 20-30 times and wiped 100 times and they know perfectly how to work as a group. Logs are 60% are about group.

Just a personal opinion: stars stacking mastery.

This ^ . One thing blizz announced is they don't use logs solely as judgements on class performance because many are altered/embellished/and have basic sampling bias. Take BOS in HfC, if you group didn't have quick kill times your dps plummeted and fast. Logs at some point decent to just how powerful is ones burst and as Din said are very group dependent.

The only thing I see is on occasions your second breaths are a little bit short. I'd try saving up a resources a bit more to help fuel your second breath. Also you have a lot of haste, I second trying to shift a bit of it to mastery. Otherwise you are doing decent its just the mythic kills are slower. Take your heroic chromatic log, you guys bursted him down super fast and you knocked out over 800k.

edit:

also for help logs are number 1 importance, armory isn't 100% necessary but its a useful diagnostic tool for us. If your logs look fine but there is something fishy still, the armory can help solve that mystery :)

Hit the buttons harder, always leads to more dps. 

If you want to cheese the meters then you almost need your guild to do stuff to suit you and still have to hope for RNG to work alongside that. 

16 hours ago, Shells said:

Hit the buttons harder, always leads to more dps. 

If you want to cheese the meters then you almost need your guild to do stuff to suit you and still have to hope for RNG to work alongside that. 

That is just another point. So one of my guilds is top in our server and we have the top parses for every spec. However, when raiding they do crap to help that. So like for our healers on "parse days" we all have to come to raid a locks and leave burning rush up so there is more damage to heal, padding the meters. For DPS ones they'll bring extra healer and just have that one person nuke boss regardless of mechanics, with dk gripping adds to them and stuff.

A lot of super high logs have help. S'why you can argue where the "real" benchmark logs are. Many say 70-80 percentiles many say other things, Its a debate that basically comes down to statistics and sampling bias, no truly good answer. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, demonardvark said:

That is just another point. So one of my guilds is top in our server and we have the top parses for every spec. However, when raiding they do crap to help that. So like for our healers on "parse days" we all have to come to raid a locks and leave burning rush up so there is more damage to heal, padding the meters. For DPS ones they'll bring extra healer and just have that one person nuke boss regardless of mechanics, with dk gripping adds to them and stuff.

A lot of super high logs have help. S'why you can argue where the "real" benchmark logs are. Many say 70-80 percentiles many say other things, Its a debate that basically comes down to statistics and sampling bias, no truly good answer.

Are you serious? That is the first time I hear something like that... That's ridiculous, yet I giggled a little bit aswell ;)

Just now, Defo said:

Are you serious? That is the first time I hear something like that... That's ridiculous, yet I giggled a little bit aswell ;)

well it was funny, in guild chat people were talking about getting top logs and i mentioned "Creative helping' to help boost numbers. Our main healer acted all offended and chewed me out in front of everyone. Then as soon as they finished they whispered me

"i totally did that on all fights to get my top parse ^_~ "

so yeah it can be a thing, why there are a lot of arguments over which percentile logs are considered "Realistic" numbers and also why blizz doesn't solely use mythic logs as benchmarks for spec performance/ enjoyment

Its even worse in heroic logs sometimes. You get the mythic geared lads charging through stuff and slapping heroic bosses around like loot pinta's. 

Not pretty (for the bosses) and it skews the logs somewhat as well. At least you can filter by ilvl to kinda counter that. Again that can be spoofed if you take a i880 toon and keep him alive through all the mechanics that should kill him and feed him adds to boost cleave damage as Demon mentioned above. 

I might be wrong but I think I saw something about guilds offering such services at one time. 

Looking at your logs, your Breath uptime seems to be a major issue, especially considering you are wearing Ring + Belt. Your first Breath was 32s and the second one only 19 seconds long (23,39% Uptime), which really shouldn't be the case with those Legendaries. I am certainly not the best DK out there, but on my best Mythic Anomaly Parse (where we didn't cheese yet ;D) my Breath uptime was 53% and would have potentially been higher if the fight had gone on longer. You really want to try to go into Breath prepared, ideally with 70+ RP, 2-4 Runes ready and the rest recharging, otherwise you will find yourself having to use ERW immediately.

Just my two cents to this. Also, statwise you might want to drop your crit a bit and go more into Mastery, as previously already mentioned