Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Stan

wow Havoc Demon Blades Changes

7 posts in this topic

28870-patch-72-demon-hunter-class-mount.

Blizzard shared their thoughts on why the 7.2.5 PTR change to Demon BladesDemon Blades got reverted on short notice. The PTR version had a 100% chance for auto attacks to deal additional Shadow damage and generate fury. The devs thought this would be a good QoL change for players that found themselves unable to use any abilites. It was an effective change, but made Havoc Demon Hunters dull to play.

Demon BladesDemon Blades isn't ideal and will probably receive tweaks before the Tomb opens.

Blizzard LogoBlizzard (Source)

Thank you for all the feedback, and apologies for the delayed response.

We agree that there are moments of frustration with the live version of Demon BladesDemon Blades, and are continuing to look into how to address them, but also think that a smooth resource income is not the best solution.

For Havoc, we wanted to create a style of play that used fewer core abilities in favor of having deeper gameplay in other areas (e.g. a higher reliance on movement and battlefield awareness, and higher variation in resource generation). Part of what makes Demon's BiteDemon's Bite, a spammable resource generator, work for Havoc is that its interaction with Chaos StrikeChaos Strike is not static. You need to monitor how much Fury it generates, and react with Chaos StrikeChaos Strike when appropriate.

We tried out having Demon BladesDemon Blades at 100% on the PTR mostly as a quality of life change, and to reduce the periods of time where players running Demon BladesDemon Blades found themselves unable to use any abilities. However, in practice, that change took an already simplified rotation and made it almost completely predictable. Though effective, it made the spec very dull to play. Reacting to your Fury bar is a core aspect of Havoc gameplay, and we don't want to lose that gameplay with Demon BladesDemon Blades.

All that said, we still agree that the current version of Demon BladesDemon Blades is not perfect, and we will continue to iterate. The version we tried on the 7.2.5 PTR was just not the right direction for Havoc.

All this post to say "Blizzard loves RNG, deal with it"

Posted (edited)

You know whats dull to play? Auto attacking a boss for 10 minutes cause you get no procs

Edited by Daemon
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

4 hours ago, Daemon said:

You know whats dull to play? Auto attacking a boss for 10 minutes cause you get no procs

totally agree, I love my demon Hunter but i hate the time it takes for everything to cool down once you have used the attacks and having to rely on Auto attack which is boring...

Edited by xBlueBlaze
poor punctuation

13 hours ago, Daemon said:

Agreed.  I mean Blizzard has tried to "simplify" the specs by tuning abilities into other abilities, however, sometimes it's the simple things in life that are fun.  I don't mind playing a complicated class from time to time, but I also want to play a simple class.

I remember a time in WoW where you spent 75% of the time looking at the fight and your surroundings because you knew your class, the cooldowns etc...  It feels like in the last few expansions I spend more time looking at my hotkeys so I don't miss that crucial "reaction with chaos strike or any other abilities" they're saying we need because I've spent the last 15 seconds waiting for a fury proc or just trying to make sure I don't miss abilities and waste resources.

Reactive classes = good and fun

Complex classes = good and fun

Simple classes = (according to blizzard dull) (but I think are still good and fun)

We are all different shapes and sizes.  I think the biggest problem with this whole situation is that if you truly want to maximize your damage on a Havoc Demon Hunter for Boss fights you are locked into one spec with 0 variant because nothing else can compete.  Havoc DH is some of the highest ST burst I have seen with the exception of DoS Fury Warriors.

I originally thought the reversion was because they felt like the damage was taking the spec too over the top.  To this I would have suggested leave the 100% fury gen and reduce the chance of bonus damage so that the increased damage from Chaos Strike would balance out.

I'm not sure about others but I get a crazy rush from constant Chaos Strike crits and just being able to go crazy spamming it.  It's like I'm saying "yeah come at me, get some"  and then I stop critting and have nothing to do so i'm like the jeopardy theme music lol.

I mean for example... Look at BM hunters they are really simple.  The hardest part is if you don't have the boots and managing your focus to make sure you can get as many Kill Commands into one Bestial Wrath.  Yet Blizzard gives them a resource buff (intentional or not) to smooth the playstyle.  Yet why not so for DH?

The reason why I got into Demon Hunters was because of the Fel Rush/momentum build. It was just really satisfying to play with. I never really liked the Demon Blades as a talent nor the build that came with it (spam chaos strike = win). Nonetheless I had to go with it since I needed to keep the raid satisfied by carrying my weight.

When I first heard of the change that they were going to do with Demon Blades, making it 100% I had hopes that it might get a bit more fun to play with because it made it more consistent, but now with it being reverted I'm feeling less and less hopeful for Demon Hunters.

I'm just hoping that there will be either a revamp of Havoc Demon Hunters, or just a new build that is more fun for me to play (or just contains more Fel Rush awesomeness) Because having to keep this build till the end of the expansion is not really something I'm looking forward to.

19 minutes ago, Deathini said:

The reason why I got into Demon Hunters was because of the Fel Rush/momentum build. It was just really satisfying to play with. I never really liked the Demon Blades as a talent nor the build that came with it (spam chaos strike = win). Nonetheless I had to go with it since I needed to keep the raid satisfied by carrying my weight.

When I first heard of the change that they were going to do with Demon Blades, making it 100% I had hopes that it might get a bit more fun to play with because it made it more consistent, but now with it being reverted I'm feeling less and less hopeful for Demon Hunters.

I'm just hoping that there will be either a revamp of Havoc Demon Hunters, or just a new build that is more fun for me to play (or just contains more Fel Rush awesomeness) Because having to keep this build till the end of the expansion is not really something I'm looking forward to.

I can get on board with that.  I really enjoyed the fel rush build as well.  The constant movement having to pay attention to positioning, It was thrilling and captivating, and the biggest thing is that it was different from other builds.  I think part of my issue is that I got used to the demon blades build and that's why I still enjoy it, but it's not what it could or should be imo.