FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Trillium

BM dps loss after 7.2.5? New build?

1 hour ago, Luthixx said:

Nicely done! 905 Foci would be better than 865 BTI for sure. 

• ability_hunter_cobrashot.gif Cobra Shot   A quick shot causing [450%[540% * ((min(Level - 1, 19) * 12 + 112) / 340)] Physical damage.
  • ability_hunter_killcommand.gif Kill Command   Give the command to kill, causing your pet to savagely deal [1.5 * (1 + (Ranged attack power * 33.6)) * 1 * (0.5 + min(Level, 20) * 0.025) * (1 + Versatility)] Physical damage to its target. 25 yard range.40 yd range.

The changes were listed above. Both abilities there got a reasonable buff, but with the massive decrease in our artifact traits that took a little bit off it.

The only reason BF/DF got nerfed is because the changes to our spec are being based around T20 set bonuses, not T19. Yes, for the next few weeks until you get into ToS and gear up you will not experience the same level of dps.

There's literally no reason to complain about the state of BM this week - T19 4pc was nerfed so hard because they didn't want us keeping that through ToS. 

Your dps will go back up again when you've got the gear that these changes were based around. 

I can not speak for all, but if there are any complaints on bm current damage, it would be mainly on people like myself progressing for cutting edge on mythic Guldan, where our damage is not as high as it was.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Maxiedaxie said:

I can not speak for all, but if there are any complaints on bm current damage, it would be mainly on people like myself progressing for cutting edge on mythic Guldan, where our damage is not as high as it was.

Yeah, I think this is Blizz's way of saying "you should've gotten Gul'dan earlier, so take this!"

In my opinion, Cutting Edge should've been removed from this patch - too many classes are all over the place with changes that are tuned to ToS gear and it's ridiculous seeing so many people struggle.

• Like 1

Thanks for the clarification Luthixx, that multipler from 3 to 3.6 totally escaped my eye. It makes me wonder why they even messed with Kill Command at all. Buff the spell and nerf the trait that improves the spell? At 4 ranks of both Jaws of Thunder and pack leader that's a  base 12% nerf, so the 20% base buff drops to 8%, or even worse if you had a lot of relics with pack leader.

Doesn't Cutting edge disappear when the next tier opens? Tomb opens next week, so it makes sense that it's still there this week. The odd one is I believe Helya's achievement is also still available. Gul'dan got slightly nerfed to keep up with the tier 19 nerfs by the way.

Edited by Khallid

I'll repeat this again, days of logs and actual data BM got hit hard. Too hard.  This discussion is a perfect example of why Hunters don't get buffs in a timely mater. 

We are now over 22,000+ parses....BM damage is hit hard. Do not care the reason, do not care if some sub-optimal talent choice got a little better. 

They over compensated for making DF/DB 2 charge baseline. 

I am hoping teir 20, something in there with new leggos makes something shine and brings us back to where we were but from those "simming experts" it do not appear to be the case. 

It seems we are going to be worst off then EN where it wasn't really that bad. 

And what does this mean? Well remember all those locks and frost mages in mythic + back in sept? (note the sarcasm). You will sign up for mythic+ group ..get whisper what spec and as soon as you say BM get declined. 

That is where the spec is going. I have not had time to do mythic+ yet so maybe it has already occurred. 

As per a blue post, they were planing on doing some more adjustments before the release of ToS...so far nothing for hunters...and i strongly believe it is because of conversation like this..

"ohhh its not that bad...we didn't get hit that hard" 

The numbers are out folks...the hard facts the data is there. We got hit hard and need adjustments up. 

This isnt a "they sky is falling...the sky is falling"...it already fell. 

Edited by Banard
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Banard said:

I'll repeat this again, days of logs and actual data BM got hit hard. Too hard.  This discussion is a perfect example of why Hunters don't get buffs in a timely mater. 

We are now over 22,000+ parses....BM damage is hit hard. Do not care the reason, do not care if some sub-optimal talent choice got a little better. 

Would you mind linking the numbers you are referring to? What I've seen from warcraftlogs (aggregated rankings and top parses) the absolute dps values of BM dps is down by about 3%. The logs also show some other classes are up by between 1% to 8% in the best cases; with arms warrior being the only exception that went up dramatically. BM was not at the top so it wasn't in a position to be nerfed though.

So it is a nerf overall according to aggregated data, but I still feel it's small, and my personal dps has gone up so I haven't felt the nerf to be honest. And it's mostly due to how hard the tier set bonus was nerfed (literally 50% nerf to its effect). Although I'm not particularly optimistic about tier 20, since it appears to be largely unimpressive.

8 hours ago, Khallid said:

Thanks for the clarification Luthixx, that multipler from 3 to 3.6 totally escaped my eye. It makes me wonder why they even messed with Kill Command at all. Buff the spell and nerf the trait that improves the spell? At 4 ranks of both Jaws of Thunder and pack leader that's a  base 12% nerf, so the 20% base buff drops to 8%, or even worse if you had a lot of relics with pack leader.

Doesn't Cutting edge disappear when the next tier opens? Tomb opens next week, so it makes sense that it's still there this week. The odd one is I believe Helya's achievement is also still available. Gul'dan got slightly nerfed to keep up with the tier 19 nerfs by the way.

Yeah, the aim of that buff and the artifact trait nerf was to reduce BM hunters hoarding specific relics despite massive ilvl differences - BM was one of the worst for it and would sometimes have to use relics that were almost 10 ilvls lower than others just to get the right trait. This mostly balances out the artifact trait nerf and gives us the option of getting different relics rather than waiting for Jaws/Pack.

Yes, Cutting Edge is staying til next week, but the point I was trying to make was it might've been better to get rid of that achievement this week, much the same as it is for end of expansion style when the new 'next expansion patch' hits.

7 hours ago, Banard said:

They over compensated for making DF/DB 2 charge baseline. 

I am hoping teir 20, something in there with new leggos makes something shine and brings us back to where we were but from those "simming experts" it do not appear to be the case. 

It seems we are going to be worst off then EN where it wasn't really that bad. 

And what does this mean? Well remember all those locks and frost mages in mythic + back in sept? (note the sarcasm). You will sign up for mythic+ group ..get whisper what spec and as soon as you say BM get declined. 

That is where the spec is going. I have not had time to do mythic+ yet so maybe it has already occurred. 

As per a blue post, they were planing on doing some more adjustments before the release of ToS...so far nothing for hunters...and i strongly believe it is because of conversation like this..

"ohhh its not that bad...we didn't get hit that hard" 

The numbers are out folks...the hard facts the data is there. We got hit hard and need adjustments up. 

This isnt a "they sky is falling...the sky is falling"...it already fell. 

Do you not understand the concept of making the changes based around the gear we'll be getting in ToS? Your dps in the outdated BF/DF spec is going to be lower this week because it's not meant to benefit T19. If it was going to make our T19 bonuses better, we'd be keeping that all through ToS. The whole idea is now we'll have a lot less frequent BW uptime, but far more powerful. You can't expect to see those results without the gear it's designed for. Our dps will be significantly better in ToS than it is this week, and I look forward to seeing you realise that.

The only nerf to our class was the cooldown reduction from Dire Beast and the 4pc set bonus, everything else has been buffed. If you want to see better results, switch your gear around and run the zoo build or be patient and wait for your new set bonuses.

I'm having fantastic results with the zoo build and on some fights I do significantly more than I did prior to the patch.

1 hour ago, Katherine26 said:

Question directed to Luthixx after reading this thread - what should the opening rotation look like with the crit/stomp build? 

The Crit/OWTP build is really easy, opener or not: Dire Beast has maximum priority.

Start with Murder of Crows, then activate Bestial Wrath and hit all your charges of Dire Beast until it's on cooldown, then Titan's Thunder + Aspect of the WIld, then you hit Kill Command / Cobra Strike. Even during Bestial Wrath with Killer Cobra, as soon as Dire Beast lights up you hit it. When you have a high crit rating it's very easy to waste Wild Call procs if you don't hit Dire Beast right away, plus the extra beasts empower Cobra Strike via Way of the Cobra. I've gotten streaks of three or four auto attacks proccing Wild Call consecutively, and getting 5 beasts up at the same time for a few moments, but it's not worth it to wait to get a lot of procs to activate Titan's Thunder. The only reason to wait on Dire Beast is if Bestial Wrath is already off cooldown but the previous Bestial Wrath buff is still going.

• Like 2

On 2017-06-16 at 5:21 PM, Luthixx said:
  • ability_hunter_cobrashot.gif Cobra Shot   A quick shot causing [450%[540% * ((min(Level - 1, 19) * 12 + 112) / 340)] Physical damage.
  • ability_hunter_killcommand.gif Kill Command   Give the command to kill, causing your pet to savagely deal [1.5 * (1 + (Ranged attack power * 33.6)) * 1 * (0.5 + min(Level, 20) * 0.025) * (1 + Versatility)] Physical damage to its target. 25 yard range.40 yd range.

The changes were listed above. Both abilities there got a reasonable buff, but with the massive decrease in our artifact traits that took a little bit off it.

The only reason BF/DF got nerfed is because the changes to our spec are being based around T20 set bonuses, not T19. Yes, for the next few weeks until you get into ToS and gear up you will not experience the same level of dps.

There's literally no reason to complain about the state of BM this week - T19 4pc was nerfed so hard because they didn't want us keeping that through ToS. 

Your dps will go back up again when you've got the gear that these changes were based around. 

Well even though those buffs seem substantial, the KC buff is equal to the loss from artifact traits which means the only buff spec got was the extra stack of DF. With that in mind overall the insane nerf to BW uptime ( about 30%. 40% for those who already had shoulders) pretty much makes the spec completely awful at the moment. Also since the set bonuses are really weak in comparison to other specs and classes( especially considering how low uptime on BW is right now). BM is in need of a huge buff to be in any way viable for any sort of content. Sad to see how Blizzard could destroy a spec when all they needed to do was give us 2 stacks of DF and it would have worked out fine.

2 hours ago, Najjic said:

Well even though those buffs seem substantial, the KC buff is equal to the loss from artifact traits which means the only buff spec got was the extra stack of DF. With that in mind overall the insane nerf to BW uptime ( about 30%. 40% for those who already had shoulders) pretty much makes the spec completely awful at the moment. Also since the set bonuses are really weak in comparison to other specs and classes( especially considering how low uptime on BW is right now). BM is in need of a huge buff to be in any way viable for any sort of content. Sad to see how Blizzard could destroy a spec when all they needed to do was give us 2 stacks of DF and it would have worked out fine.

Flat 20% to KC and CS does make up for the artifact trait nerfs, and are in fact a small increase. 

BW uptime is amazing if you play the zoo build, which ATM sims higher than DF, and will be a solid option to run until you replace your t19 t2pc. 

Our t19 set got nerfed so that we would ultimately aim to get t20 as soon as possible and not carry it through the whole next tier. 

BM doesn't need a massive buff, we're middle of the pack dps and that's just the way things go, there are plenty of other dps much lower than BM, and if you're so upset then it might be worthwhile looking into playing MM. I currently have the chest and belt for BM which will be our BiS items, and I'll be switching to farm MM legendaries now.

On 16/6/2017 at 5:21 PM, Luthixx said:

Nicely done! 905 Foci would be better than 865 BTI for sure. 

Really Ty , 

Now that broken shoulder effect has disappeared and legendaries are what they were built in for ( personalyze play style , NOT being mandatory ) im really happy to be again in first  hunters in the wrold for my bracket in mythic progression ^^ 

Anyway i got Cutting edge some weeks ago , even without shoulders or shoulder effect .

The spec needed a buff even before , it was just that people owning broken legendary could not realize .

2 hours ago, KratosSM said:

Really Ty , 

Now that broken shoulder effect has disappeared and legendaries are what they were built in for ( personalyze play style , NOT being mandatory ) im really happy to be again in first  hunters in the wrold for my bracket in mythic progression ^^ 

Anyway i got Cutting edge some weeks ago , even without shoulders or shoulder effect .

The spec needed a buff even before , it was just that people owning broken legendary could not realize .

All classes have some broken legendaries of some sort, especially at high end progression where people are full of legendaries. It's not really fair to compare a subpar dps without good legendaries against another class with their best legendaries. BM was just fine if you had the shoulders and if you didn't have them you could've farmed for them some more.

I've said it before, at this point in the game legendaries are not really luck-based anymore. I had awful luck on the legendary drops at the start but I got the shoulders by farming them all, and I work 9 to 6 so it's not like I have a disproportionate amount of time to farm them either. Having legendaries depends mostly on how much you choose to play. Everyone in my guild has 8+ legendaries on our main characters, I personally have 13 (11 BM and 2 MM), and my guild leader has 19 (although granted he plays too much), without counting crafted legendaries obviously.

Of course adding 2 charges as baseline is a lot better anyway though, because it makes sense not to waste Wild Call procs and actually allows you to have some choice on what legendary to use. I'm not saying that was not needed.

Edited by Khallid

On 2017-06-19 at 3:23 AM, Luthixx said:

BW uptime is amazing if you play the zoo build, which ATM sims higher than DF, and will be a solid option to run until you replace your t19 t2pc. 

Our t19 set got nerfed so that we would ultimately aim to get t20 as soon as possible and not carry it through the whole next tier. 

BM doesn't need a massive buff, we're middle of the pack dps and that's just the way things go, there are plenty of other dps much lower than BM, and if you're so upset then it might be worthwhile looking into playing MM. I currently have the chest and belt for BM which will be our BiS items, and I'll be switching to farm MM legendaries now.

Zoo build is only better on st( and i am currently playing it myself with new bis legy ring) even with that my bw uptime has dropped substantially. In m+ where we used to be king we are now trash since you can't play new build and you can't have bw for every pack anymore.

We do need a big buff to be a viable spec option. Any1 willing o compete will have to go mm since it will do atleast 5% more dps than bm for st and even more for aoe. It's basicly making hunters new Warlocks. 

Note: if you are planning on playing bm you will need new ring or shoulders since the chest takes up the bis set slot from Tos and is in alot of situations absolute dogshit. 

1 hour ago, Najjic said:

Zoo build is only better on st( and i am currently playing it myself with new bis legy ring) even with that my bw uptime has dropped substantially. In m+ where we used to be king we are now trash since you can't play new build and you can't have bw for every pack anymore.

We do need a big buff to be a viable spec option. Any1 willing o compete will have to go mm since it will do atleast 5% more dps than bm for st and even more for aoe. It's basicly making hunters new Warlocks. 

Note: if you are planning on playing bm you will need new ring or shoulders since the chest takes up the bis set slot from Tos and is in alot of situations absolute dogshit. 

Bestial Wrath uptime went down because of the huge nerfs to Tier 19 and cooldown reduction by Dire Beast. However, the zoo build still has decent uptime, you probably don't have enough crit.

5% dps is not worth changing specs, and the sims here on Icy Veins show MM about 15% above BM, not just 5. MM loses dps to movement though, so I'm not impressed. I was about to consider switching to MM when the Tier 20 got nerfed and now it doesn't matter that much. I've kept my Marksmanship artifact weapon at a reasonable level and it still sims 100k below my BM because my gear (trinkets, relics and legendaries) is better optimized for BM. I also find it much harder to hit my simdps when playing MM, while BM it's rather easy, so I consider my real output on MM to be about 5% below what the sims say.

Legendaries seem to be closer to each other at the moment, unlike how the shoulders used to be twice as strong as any other. The only one that gives much higher values for me right now is the belt (probably because I lost so much Haste to raise my crit). The legendary chest is strong and not absolute dogshit. It will probably be a bad legendary to pick if you get a mythic titanforged tier chest, but that is about the only situation where it will suck.

Edited by Khallid

7 hours ago, Najjic said:

Have you tried zoo build on AoE or are you literally throwing assumptions everywhere? I've had amazing results with it, both ST and AoE. I'm running chest / belt and it works wonders. I don't know about you, but my BW uptime is significantly higher than it ever used to be - like Khallid said maybe you don't have enough crit.

EDIT: just checked your armoury - you have 18% crit, 18% haste and 94% mastery. This build needs between 30-35% crit, you can't expect to achieve the same results as someone who has double your crit chance. Before you go trashing a build, take into consideration that your gear is not optimally set up for this build.

Most pulls I can go from BW to BW or have about 20-25 secs downtime in between, if that. It works awesome in M+ and the aoe from stomp does a fantastic job. 

We are a viable spec option - just because we're not top tier dps doesn't mean we're not a viable spec - we're the only spec in game that has 100% movement as a ranged class and there are so many movement intensive fights in ToS that you'd be silly to think BM isn't viable.
MM has higher potential dps, but add in mechanics and movement and its realistic dps drops significantly - even with the gloves.

Again, where are you getting the idea that the chest is useless? What sims / logs do you have to represent this claim? The self-heals you get from the leech is utterly ridiculous and will be fantastic for prog fights. It's easy enough to weave in with multi-shot in AoE especially since your focus gen is a lot higher. Have you tested how the ring/shoulders compare to the chest? They don't actually do as well, and the ring is quite useless if you get a bad RNG pull, whereas the chest remains a constant. The largest scaling factor for BM is agility, and having one tier piece that doesn't have mastery as opposed to the haste/mastery tier won't hurt your overall dps. I mean, look at the stats on the ring; they're garbage compared to the other rings you can get in terms of stats.

Edited by Luthixx
  • Like 2

On 6/17/2017 at 7:40 PM, Khallid said:

The Crit/OWTP build is really easy, opener or not: Dire Beast has maximum priority.

Start with Murder of Crows, then activate Bestial Wrath and hit all your charges of Dire Beast until it's on cooldown, then Titan's Thunder + Aspect of the WIld, then you hit Kill Command / Cobra Strike. Even during Bestial Wrath with Killer Cobra, as soon as Dire Beast lights up you hit it. When you have a high crit rating it's very easy to waste Wild Call procs if you don't hit Dire Beast right away, plus the extra beasts empower Cobra Strike via Way of the Cobra. I've gotten streaks of three or four auto attacks proccing Wild Call consecutively, and getting 5 beasts up at the same time for a few moments, but it's not worth it to wait to get a lot of procs to activate Titan's Thunder. The only reason to wait on Dire Beast is if Bestial Wrath is already off cooldown but the previous Bestial Wrath buff is still going.

So I've been making DB top priority in my rotation. I've been finding myself getting frequent procs during BW. Feels like I'm hitting DB procs/charge off CD up to 50% during BW and could be losing out on potential higher dps for the KC/CS spam. 

Is this this still the right track or should I hold off until 2 DB charges during BW?

1 minute ago, Serix said:

So I've been making DB top priority in my rotation. I've been finding myself getting frequent procs during BW. Feels like I'm hitting DB procs/charge off CD up to 50% during BW and could be losing out on potential higher dps for the KC/CS spam. 

Is this this still the right track or should I hold off until 2 DB charges during BW?

That's the main reason why this build only works with the Tier 19 2-piece bonus, but it's fine. It's better to cast Dire Beast during Bestial Wrath than out of it. If you spend half of Bestial Wrath proccing Dire Beast then you're going to have Bestial Wrath off cooldown immediately after, and you'll have a lot of focus, so there's no downtime. The dps may look lower at the start but it evens out because of the higher uptime of Bestial Wrath and the DIre Beasts take 8 seconds to deal all their damage. During Bloodlust I've gotten Bestial Wrath off cooldown with 4 seconds left of my previous Bestial Wrath (I have 37% crit) hitting above 2 million dps during the whole opener. Unfortunately I don't have logs to check more detailed info, since my guild raids on weekends.

I've been noticing it's a lot more RNG based than the DF/BF build, which many people may not like. I can deal easily 100k above or below my simdps from one pull to the next.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Khallid said:

That's the main reason why this build only works with the Tier 19 2-piece bonus, but it's fine. It's better to cast Dire Beast during Bestial Wrath than out of it. If you spend half of Bestial Wrath proccing Dire Beast then you're going to have Bestial Wrath off cooldown immediately after, and you'll have a lot of focus, so there's no downtime. The dps may look lower at the start but it evens out because of the higher uptime of Bestial Wrath and the DIre Beasts take 8 seconds to deal all their damage. During Bloodlust I've gotten Bestial Wrath off cooldown with 4 seconds left of my previous Bestial Wrath (I have 37% crit) hitting above 2 million dps during the whole opener. Unfortunately I don't have logs to check more detailed info, since my guild raids on weekends.

I've been noticing it's a lot more RNG based than the DF/BF build, which many people may not like. I can deal easily 100k above or below my simdps from one pull to the next.

I've had some pulls in ToS this week where I've literally gone from one BW to the next to the next for 45 seconds of solid uptime.

Other pulls, I've had no procs in between.

I'm going to be going back to DF as soon as I get my tier sets because it is far more consistent and poor RNG doesn't nullify the spec completely.

I consistently burst between 2.5-3m on every pull regardless of my spec, but with DF my burst ends up consistently higher when I have aspect up.

I did some more simulations and it says that my current dps range is about 19%, which is a lot. So yeah, my in-game tests of about 100k above and below the average appear to be right. I don't know at this point the dps range of the DR/BF build, but it should be lower than 10%. We'll see how it goes after a few weeks of gearing in Tomb.

Hey guys, a quick query since i really don't want to read and speculate through the whole thing, plus decipher code speak like KC and CS that i see commonly used here. 

I have recently received Soul of the Huntmaster, and before that i have my trusty Roar of the Seven Lions and my Call of the Wild + CoF, which had served me fairly well recently, but now i feel a double talent build could prove a lot more effective but i am not too sure. i have only found success due to Ask Mr Robot and Icy Veins BM guide. on a regular, mostly single target boss pull, say, harjatan or maybe elisande, i am finding myself pulling ROUGHLY 800k, and burst up to roughly 1.1 mil. I am also ilvl 908 right now. 

Wether i use my Call of the Wild+ CoF, or Soul of the Huntmaster, (i always use my Roar of the Seven Lions, it was my first leggy and will always be with me) my dps stays roughly the same, but i want to try and get better. 

I can honestly say i've never been a huge fan of dire frenzy, as i am a huge pet hunter, and my stable is filled to the brim with rare unique pets, and i have my dire beast glyphed to summon my stable pets.

Ever since i have gotten my Call of the Wild, i have been running Way of the Cobra, Stomp, Bestial Fury (w my Call of the Wild, now running both Bestial fury and One with the Pack thx to my new ring), and either murder of crows for most boss fights, or volley for mythic dungies, and then Killer Cobra always b/c of my Roar of the Seven Lions allows me to run through more Kill Command/Cobra Shot combos, usually trying to throw in as many dire beasts as i can in that time due to my tier 19 bonus to empower my beasts, as well as throwing in any buffs appropriately (like Titan's Thunder when i have like 1-2 additional dire beasts up, or a Aspect of the wild when i need focus, or (since i am a troll) pop my berserking to add some more haste) 

i currently have 19% crit, 16% haste, and 91% mastery. I am consistently trying to pursue a 6 piece of tier, 4 piece from tomb and 2 piece from nighthold, as i have 905 helmet and pants, i think i can stand to hold on to them for a while. I also have an 895 Bloodthirsty Instinct, and an 890 CoF equipped, even w/o my call of the wild. I would like to know how religiously i should follow Ask Mr Robot, as currently the only thing i can replace my CoF with that is not mythic is a heroic Cradle of Anguish. Does this make sense? i am by no means a sim crafter. plz send knowledge friends. 

now that my self summary rant is done, can someone tell me, am i doing this right? My first thought now would be, pursue more crit to more Wild Call procs w One with the Pack, and not try to buff too much more into haste or mast. I am currently thinking that a Zoo/Stomp/Titan's Thunder build MIGHT be the way to go, but i also think that regardless of exactly how i build i think i can successfully raid for now. I just want to be the very best. And i guess this is the place to learn how to do it, right? 

Edited by ArtOfTransmog

2 hours ago, ArtOfTransmog said:

Hey guys, a quick query since i really don't want to read and speculate through the whole thing, plus decipher code speak like KC and CS that i see commonly used here. 

I have recently received Soul of the Huntmaster, and before that i have my trusty Roar of the Seven Lions and my Call of the Wild + CoF, which had served me fairly well recently, but now i feel a double talent build could prove a lot more effective but i am not too sure. i have only found success due to Ask Mr Robot and Icy Veins BM guide. on a regular, mostly single target boss pull, say, harjatan or maybe elisande, i am finding myself pulling ROUGHLY 800k, and burst up to roughly 1.1 mil. I am also ilvl 908 right now. 

Wether i use my Call of the Wild+ CoF, or Soul of the Huntmaster, (i always use my Roar of the Seven Lions, it was my first leggy and will always be with me) my dps stays roughly the same, but i want to try and get better. 

I can honestly say i've never been a huge fan of dire frenzy, as i am a huge pet hunter, and my stable is filled to the brim with rare unique pets, and i have my dire beast glyphed to summon my stable pets.

Ever since i have gotten my Call of the Wild, i have been running Way of the Cobra, Stomp, Bestial Fury (w my Call of the Wild, now running both Bestial fury and One with the Pack thx to my new ring), and either murder of crows for most boss fights, or volley for mythic dungies, and then Killer Cobra always b/c of my Roar of the Seven Lions allows me to run through more Kill Command/Cobra Shot combos, usually trying to throw in as many dire beasts as i can in that time due to my tier 19 bonus to empower my beasts, as well as throwing in any buffs appropriately (like Titan's Thunder when i have like 1-2 additional dire beasts up, or a Aspect of the wild when i need focus, or (since i am a troll) pop my berserking to add some more haste) 

i currently have 19% crit, 16% haste, and 91% mastery. I am consistently trying to pursue a 6 piece of tier, 4 piece from tomb and 2 piece from nighthold, as i have 905 helmet and pants, i think i can stand to hold on to them for a while. I also have an 895 Bloodthirsty Instinct, and an 890 CoF equipped, even w/o my call of the wild. I would like to know how religiously i should follow Ask Mr Robot, as currently the only thing i can replace my CoF with that is not mythic is a heroic Cradle of Anguish. Does this make sense? i am by no means a sim crafter. plz send knowledge friends. 

now that my self summary rant is done, can someone tell me, am i doing this right? My first thought now would be, pursue more crit to more Wild Call procs w One with the Pack, and not try to buff too much more into haste or mast. I am currently thinking that a Zoo/Stomp/Titan's Thunder build MIGHT be the way to go, but i also think that regardless of exactly how i build i think i can successfully raid for now. I just want to be the very best. And i guess this is the place to learn how to do it, right? 

For future reference, if you're not adding something to the original post but need some help for your own issue, please create a new thread so that it's addressed quicker! :)

When you want advice always try and link to your armoury / warcraftlogs so we can give more specific advice. But in general, if you're excited to run stomp/owtp with the Soul of the Huntmaster ring, you will definitely want 2pc T19 and 4pc T20 - aim for T19 legs / gloves if you can get them high enough!

And you can afford to drop a TONNE of your mastery for a LOT more crit and haste - I currently sit at 37% crit 22% haste and 69% mastery and pull some pretty awesome numbers - most fights I'll stay above 1m dps and burst close to 3m - but this is at 917 ilvl.

• Like 1