FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
eradi

Coming back to Legion again

Good morning Guys!

i am wondering for several days now to return to Legion with this new patch arriving.

At legion release i gimped around a little als sub/assa rogue and fury warrior but decided later to take a break.

I love to play melee characters and some healing (Focus on World Quests, Causal Raid, bit (DPS)-PVP). Well, i cannot decide which class to go now (want to get a fresh start and leveling process) and i cannot find a satisfying answer to these questions:

- Thinking about going Ret Pala with Holy for healing, but i heard the DPS of this class sucks right now, is this real ? How good is Ret at Solo Gameplay and pvp ?

- The same goes for WW Monk, just heard bad stuff about him in 7.2.5 =/

- Demonhunter also came to my mind, heard he is super good at Solo-content, like WQ and so on - what you guys think ?

Maybe you guys have another bright idea, which class would fit me the best.

Edited by eradi

None of the classes suck, some are just more overpowered but hotfixes are trying to reduce the gaps.

Retri Paladin is really good when played right, You get the best looking artifact weapon THE ASHBRINGER :D

Monk isn't bad either.. He should be buffed in the near future because lately he really didn't get much attention, but he's still a viable choice for everything.

Demon Hunter is just something else, the double jump and glide gives you so much joy of using it can't be compared.

Retri and Havoc DH mostly rely on the opening burst on the fight and then keeping up the good numbers.

Personally for me the ranking is WW>Retri>DH

DH is just the most boring to me when it comes to DPS, Retri is alright and got dps,heal and tank spec aswell as Monk, but i kind of like the playstyle of the Monk better. Not a big fan of burst dps which has to be kept up all the fight and you just see the numbers going down when not in burst phase.

I am really casual, so this is not based on a firm technical comparison, but the ret feels weak to me and is not satisfying at all. In PvP arenas, I suffer with ret to deal any damage at all, and almost the only useful thing I have is the Holy Wrath ability which deals a portion of your missing HP. On the other hand, I find myself effortlessly dealing big chunks of damage in battlegrounds with arcane and arms, not to mention the indescribable satisfaction you get from armor smashing and literally bulldozing players with overpower!

Ret is in a fairly meh position right now, unfortunately - there are a lot of complaints that they simply have no place in a progression raid at all.