FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Zipp3r

alacrity or dark shadow?

Hello guys, so what you guys think, since haste has so less value than any other stats is Dark Shadow actually better than alacrity or nope?

1 hour ago, Zipp3r said:

Hello guys, so what you guys think, since haste has so less value than any other stats is Dark Shadow actually better than alacrity or nope?

Seems like most are actually going with Enveloping Shadows on that talent row. Warcraft Logs currently indicates that as the most popular choice among high parsing players and multiple DPS guides are saying the same thing. 

4 hours ago, Zipp3r said:

Enveloping Shadows and Dark Shadow I think are both viable. ES is a smoother damage curve, whether DS spikes significantly higher but for less time overall.

Jury is still out, I haven't had the chance to play yet and won't for another few days before I have internet access at home again

In my experience enveloping shadows leave more room for error. Using Dark Powers you should execute the burst phase nearly perfectly (but this is so much more fun, dfa for the 9 mill crits, yum).

7 hours ago, Bunbohue said:

In my experience enveloping shadows leave more room for error. Using Dark Powers you should execute the burst phase nearly perfectly (but this is so much more fun, dfa for the 9 mill crits, yum).

Dark Shadow also fits the pace of the fights very well. The fights which have DPS windows are usually tight checks inside the fight (priority adds, for example) rather than a tight enrage timer