FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Griffalo

Class for mythic plus

Hello so im not new to wow but im new to the concept of mythic dungeons. I really just want to do mythic plus as i dont have time to commit to a raid team so i was wondering what are a good easy to learn class thats gonna do well at clearing trash and killing bosses.

Any new advice would be really nice thanks.

This is kind of looking for the unicorn class, unfortunately - every class has certain parts of M+ it is good for. There isn't just the simple AoE or Single-Target discussion either. You have to also remember that there are affixes that might change what is required in a dungeon. One week you might need pure single target damage (Raging, Explosive) and on the next you might need a lot of AoE instead.

Do you have any preference on what class you would like to play or role you would like to fill? There isn't much info at all in the OP.

With Mione soloing a +17 (admittedly in like 12 hours), I'd say DH can't be too bad in M+ :p

While that's true, there are definitely classes that are suited to M+ since they don't get taken to raids often. Vengeance is pretty undesirable in raiding, but solid in M+.

I have all classes at 110 now so I have pretty clear answers.

Affliction Warlock is by far the easiest spec to play in Mythic+. Tab target a few mobs with Agony, stay on the same target and just spam Seed of Corruption. Then Soul Flame makes them all just explode. Aff's got the ability to start ramping on the move, survivability, stunning burst AoE, and OK single target even with the pure AoE build.

Elemental Shaman is another good choice. What it lacks in good survival cooldowns, it gains back in self-healing capability and peerless 5-man utility. Bloodlust/Heroism, stun totem, sprint totem, Hex, Purge, and Reincarnation are all extremely useful time savers in M+. The Lightning Rod build is simple to play though the other builds can be quite challenging, especially Icefury.

If you prefer a melee spec, then Enhancement is great for the same reasons as above. Also Demon Hunters which have only 50% of the utility, but more mobility and survivability tools.

Most other specs I would call middle of the pack, with some content that they perform better than others. The weaker specs in M+ are also the lesser played ones, like Demonology Warlock and Survival Hunter, though even they have places where they can shine. When you get to really high M+, like over 15, you're basically doing a 5 man raid and sustained damage/healing becomes more important at times than burst especially on Tyrannical. Then Demonology comes into its own, as do specs like Shadow Priest and Balance Druid that don't excel at speed kills.

Edited by Tarazet
  • Like 1

On 8/31/2017 at 8:10 AM, Tarazet said:

Elemental Shaman is another good choice. What it lacks in good survival cooldowns, it gains back in self-healing capability and peerless 5-man utility. Bloodlust/Heroism, stun totem, sprint totem, Hex, Purge, and Reincarnation are all extremely useful time savers in M+. The Lightning Rod build is simple to play though the other builds can be quite challenging, especially Icefury.

I've never had more fun in an AoE situation than as Elemental. It's just so much fun, even as you spam Chain Lightning. One of the most satisfying builds in the game IMO.