FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Daedrik

Confused on drop rates.

So I leveled up my Monk and started progressing Greater Rifts. Once I had a decent bit of gear, I was able to farm GR25s and was getting 3-5 Legendary or Set items per run. Once I had geared fully into Inna's Mantra, I started pushing and got to clearing GR60s regularly before deciding to play my Witch Doctor for a while. Now I have GR25s on farm and am getting 0-2 Legendary items per run (17 runs in this week and no Set items yet). I'm really frustrated that the drop rates seem SO much lower for my WD, as it's taking me an absurd amount of time to get a coherent build together with these atrocious drop rates. Does anyone have any information on this? I haven't seen any Magical Item Drop gear (I'm assuming it has been removed since playing in the first year of D3), so I can't think of any reason there would be such a disparity in drop rates. Any info or advice would be great! Thanks!

"Magic find" % goes up with GR levels and should not be impacted on character choice at all so worst case it's a streak of bad luck or mentally perhaps percieving it as less the more you grind :)

You should always try for as high GR as possible since it is the modifier for drop chance as well as the best XP to get your paragon up.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Daedrik said:

As stated in the original post, the question was about drop rates being different between characters on the same difficulty, not about drop rates between different difficulties.

There are no differences between characters, other than time invested. The system is based on the smart loot system: https://www.diablowiki.net/Smart_loot

Normally you farm as much as you can with your best build, then use the materials to upgrade rares to get your items for another build/other char. Saves a lot of time grinding low again.

On 6/19/2017 at 11:11 AM, Daedrik said:

So I leveled up my Monk and started progressing Greater Rifts. Once I had a decent bit of gear, I was able to farm GR25s and was getting 3-5 Legendary or Set items per run. Once I had geared fully into Inna's Mantra, I started pushing and got to clearing GR60s regularly before deciding to play my Witch Doctor for a while. Now I have GR25s on farm and am getting 0-2 Legendary items per run (17 runs in this week and no Set items yet). I'm really frustrated that the drop rates seem SO much lower for my WD, as it's taking me an absurd amount of time to get a coherent build together with these atrocious drop rates. Does anyone have any information on this? I haven't seen any Magical Item Drop gear (I'm assuming it has been removed since playing in the first year of D3), so I can't think of any reason there would be such a disparity in drop rates. Any info or advice would be great! Thanks!

This site explains "Magic find" in greater detail i am sure you can find you answer here -> https://www.diablowiki.net/Magic_find

here is my story on season 11:
got the furnace from cube at Paragon 485
got second furnace from boss at Paragon 486 (yeah, it sucks)
got my first RAMALADNI'S GIFT at Paragon 506
got my second RAMALADNI'S GIFT at Paragon 559 on my alt at GR20

im playing ww barb. i got first piece of bulkathos sword from cube on my first try and it was ancient. got second piece on ... 15th try and it was ancient too. i have a non season monk with shenglong build. i played like ... 5 times more on my monk than my barbarian. my monk has only one ancient shenglong piece with 2.5k damage (very low stats)

so... its just luck. sometimes good, sometimes bad and sometimes really bad...

On 2017-08-28 at 10:45 PM, Sabrast said:

got my first RAMALADNI'S GIFT at Paragon 506
got my second RAMALADNI'S GIFT at Paragon 559 on my alt at GR20

Think I got my first Ramaladni around P600 but I'm P900 now and got like 21 stashed and used about 6 ^^