FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Ferydorn

Glacial Spike Mastery

Is there a recommendation about the percentage of Mastery to consider playing Glacial Spike? I have this Archmage Ring where I can choose 2 Tier 4 Talents and I am thinking about playing with Frozen Touch and Splitting Ice to increase the damage of Glacial Spike. 
And what do you guys think about this new ring?

The ring is really not that great for GS, if you're using it you should already have Splitting Ice, and Frozen Touch is not a very valuable talent. 

As for the mastery percentage, there isn't really a set amount you should aim for, just as much as you can while maintaining shatter cap.

While mastery is not a bad stat for GS, it is less valuable than versatility and crit.  Reason being that mastery only affects your icicles, where the other 2 benefit your frostbolt (of which directly affects icicle damage) and your GS (which once again benefits from both crit and vers). On top of that, vers/ crit affect all your other damaging spells. There is no need to eliminate mastery altogether, but anything other than the residual mastery on tier or minor mastery pieces needs to be replaced with versatility/ crit (primarily vers if you are at shatter cap)