FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
littlelock69

Need help with dps

hello.

I have a alt lock ivl 546 now let me say my main is a mage.Now i got carry by the guild i was in to gear up my lock..here is the problem,im just so so bad at playing them i had hope to to raid with this lock in soO but i just cant do good dps..im doing 130-140k dps in flex soO and thats low for a 546 ilvl.On my mage i do way more and hes 540 ilvl..

I try all 3 spec and have drop about 3k gold already regeming and still my dps is crap..can u guys plz tell wtf im doing that is costing my low dps..i KNOW that it cant be the gear.

Need more information. As the "How to ask for help with your warlock" thread indicates, please give us your spec, rotation, armory, and if possible a log to go with it.

DPS is going to vary on fights. As a DoT class, we're obviously going to do less on a fight like Immerseus where our DoTs aren't always running and we're frequently stopping to pew pew quickly-dying adds. As a 536 lock, I think last night on normal Immerseus I pulled like 110k. Yet, a fight like Protectors is great for multi-dotting. Last night I pulled about 250k on that fight, almost 1mil on the pull. 130k-140k wouldn't be so bad on Immerseus, but would be awful on Protectors. We need context.

While that's partly true, we're not a "DoT Class."  We are a class that has 3 specializations: one on DoTs, one on periods of burst and sustains, and one that focuses on nukes.  I did 160 on Immerseus as Destruction because cleaving nukes > DoTs.

That said, 140k DPS at 546 item level is what I would expect when a Mage leaves his simple rotation and joins the big leagues.  Welcome, partner!  There is TONS of information prevelent here, so eat your heart out.  Know that you can't just flip to another class and get it instantly like you might know your Mage.  Warlocks have lots of caveats and tricks you will learn with the class as you gain experience with it.  In order to help you, please link the following:

world of logs reports - I will hyperanalyze them and tell you every single thing you did right or wrong

That's it.  I don't care about your armory.  I want to fix your playstyle.  Worry about stats later.  Quit spending gold.  Training dummies are free.

You gave one log and it was a wipe.  Going to be difficult but I'll give it a shot...

1) Don't play Destruction on a multi-DoT fight such as protectors.  Demo or Affliction will knock the socks off of Destruction in an encounter like this.

2) Work on your opener.  For some reason, you spiked 2.5 minutes into the fight and not right off the start. 

3) No Grimoire of Sacrifice for Destruction.  Use your Supremacy Imp.

4) Use Havoc.  You have AT LEAST 3 targets up the entire fight and you didn't use Havoc a single time.

5) Don't cast Drain Life.  Let healers heal.

6) I hope the logs are lying...I don't see Dark Soul used a single time.  That is your ONLY DPS cooldown and it was used 0 out of a possible 6 times.

I'd say you need to spend a bit more time on the guides and at the target dummies.  You have critical play mistakes and issues that need to be corrected before fine tuning can occur.