FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Kryptknight

First of the Dead seems quite strong...

I got a 970 First of the Dead in my M+ cache and first impressions of it are that it's quite strong. I replaced it with my tier 19 gloves/legendary ring and even with dropping the four piece bonus my sim DPS increase was over 40k with the Dark Shadows build. Can't imagine that's all from just from ilvl increase. Definitely felt like a significant improvement live as well.

Looking forward to seeing how it is with T20 bonus. Definitely felt like the Shadow Dance CD was significantly reduced on average due to additional Eviscerates. Looking forward to testing it out a bit more. Unfortunately I don't have the legendary bracers to compare it to, but FotD might be something to watch out for in the coming weeks once more players acquire the piece.

Edited by Kryptknight

8 hours ago, Kryptknight said:

I got a 970 First of the Dead in my M+ cache and first impressions of it are that it's quite strong. I replaced it with my tier 19 gloves/legendary ring and even with dropping the four piece bonus my sim DPS increase was over 40k with the Dark Shadows build. Can't imagine that's all from just from ilvl increase. Definitely felt like a significant improvement live as well.

Looking forward to seeing how it is with T20 bonus. Definitely felt like the Shadow Dance CD was significantly reduced on average due to additional Eviscerates. Looking forward to testing it out a bit more. Unfortunately I don't have the legendary bracers to compare it to, but FotD might be something to watch out for in the coming weeks once more players acquire the piece.

It is good, for sure. You can probably get some pretty cheesy damage out of it, if you plan  things correctly. Might be worth playing with Anticipation and Dark Shadow, and going SoD+SD > SS > SS > Evis > Evis. If there are adds and you can stack the Shuriken Storm damage up before that, dump your CPs with Nightblade, the first Evis you put out inside Dance is going to hit like a mac truck.

There's lots of possibilities for it, I certainly wouldn't mind picking it up

1 hour ago, Carrn said:

It is good, for sure. You can probably get some pretty cheesy damage out of it, if you plan  things correctly. Might be worth playing with Anticipation and Dark Shadow, and going SoD+SD > SS > SS > Evis > Evis. If there are adds and you can stack the Shuriken Storm damage up before that, dump your CPs with Nightblade, the first Evis you put out inside Dance is going to hit like a mac truck.

There's lots of possibilities for it, I certainly wouldn't mind picking it up

I've had a had a couple of 5 mil+ evis crits when Concordance and Engine proc together. Both of those provide a really nice double buff.