FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Meltrump

Between the Eyes (How much crit to use in rotation?)

As stated in the title I was wondering how much crit% you need to use Between the Eyes on every CD as Outlaw (without cuffs - yes I am very unfortunate - but also with cuffs, do you use on every cd?). I have looked around and not found much except some very outdated information.

I guess there is also a few factors included - how many traits you have in Black Powder (+6% dmg pr. rank). So a combination of crit% and ranks of Black Powder trait.

Let me know what you know and enlighten a fellow rogue :)

Thank you in advance!

17 hours ago, Meltrump said:

As stated in the title I was wondering how much crit% you need to use Between the Eyes on every CD as Outlaw (without cuffs - yes I am very unfortunate - but also with cuffs, do you use on every cd?). I have looked around and not found much except some very outdated information.

I guess there is also a few factors included - how many traits you have in Black Powder (+6% dmg pr. rank). So a combination of crit% and ranks of Black Powder trait.

Let me know what you know and enlighten a fellow rogue :)

Thank you in advance!

I don't really have an exact number for you, but it would need to be really really high. High enough that you're virtually guaranteed to crit, because giving up the higher damage on Run Through isn't worth it otherwise. For context, a 4CP RT does more damage than a 6CP BtE

RT relics are infinitely more valuable than BtE ones, and are worth about 30+ weapon ilevels (to the point that I haven't replaced my 855 RT relic since nothing else has been worth it)

Alright Thanks!

And what if you have Cuffs? Then I suppose you do use it on every CD and wait for Blunderbuss proc to fire away Pistol Shot or no?

1 hour ago, Meltrump said:

Alright Thanks!

And what if you have Cuffs? Then I suppose you do use it on every CD and wait for Blunderbuss proc to fire away Pistol Shot or no?

There's a ton of different things that you can do to min/max the damage you can put out, however their gain is (relatively) small. If it's significantly easier on you to consume the proc as soon as you get it, then by all means go ahead and consume it, and you won't lose too much. 

That said, yes, I'd use BtE on cooldown - but I would also wait to consume the proc with Blunderbuss and/or wait for BtE's cooldown, whichever comes first. Like if BtE will come up before you get your next finisher off, I would use the Pistol Shot proc (because otherwise you'd waste the effect) but if not then I would wait.

It's pretty impossible to give an actual time for the cutoff though, since that depends on a lot - maybe you have to move out for a mechanic, and otherwise you'd be missing a few GCDs, so it's worth consuming the proc anyways. Maybe you have True Bearing up, and BtE will be off cooldown much faster than you'd think. Maybe you'll need to cast RtB around the same time that you'd need to use BtE, so you won't get it off for another few seconds, and should in fact hold on to the proc and wait a little longer for Blunderbuss.

Keep in mind that I don't usually play Outlaw and I don't have the bracers myself, so if you find a (reliable) resource elsewhere that says something different please let me know and point me towards it.