FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
orazzledazzle

Unholy Legendary Question

Hey guys, with the recent buff to the shoulders and now with our pets dealing more damage it looks like the shoulders are a pretty solid legendary so I've been using shoulders plus bracers. I started using Shadow infusion and I noticed that on pull it lines up good, and can get an extra dark trans cast in before Apoc comes off cooldown, but once you apoc and use dark trans Dark Arb comes off cooldown before the Dark Trans does by like 20 seconds or so. My question is would it be better to use dark trans after apoc or Dark Arb? or is waiting that extra 20 seconds to line up the Dark trans afterwords for both worth it? So far I've been just waiting the extra few seconds but wondering if theres a better way to do it?

With black claws period dark transformation is the last thing you do, this is simply because Timmy can eat your resources needed to cast apocalypse. Also with the shoulders the buff only applies to pets currently out IE you want DA up first before you use it. So basically, cast army then dark arbiter then Apocalypse, and then Dark transformation. Now with shoulders it does behoove you to wait a little bit to line up your CDs, if you get CoF that becomes much easier. So do delay a bit to line everything up but DT is always the last skill cast in that lineup

On 22.6.2017 at 3:11 PM, demonardvark said:

So basically, cast army then dark arbiter then Apocalypse, and then Dark transformation.

Why would you use Apo after DA? Don't you want to spend as much RP as possible for DA? Basically you want to to maximize your globals when DA is up, which means you should use Apo > DA > DT.

Plus: "Death" by Apo ghouls starts stacking 1 global earlier.

Maybe this changes with T20 2p. Does this even affect pets?

3 hours ago, Smoothyy said:

Why would you use Apo after DA? Don't you want to spend as much RP as possible for DA? Basically you want to to maximize your globals when DA is up, which means you should use Apo > DA > DT.

Plus: "Death" by Apo ghouls starts stacking 1 global earlier.

Maybe this changes with T20 2p. Does this even affect pets?

Had a different answer here, deleted it. 

Your talent build is going to determine things. My answer is going to be a question, are you using BRW yes or no? If yes, use apocalypse first as you suggested, if no use it second. (all of this is assuming you have legendary shoulders). 

BRW generates your wounds for you and makes the opener much easier. Without it you are burning more runes trying to generate RP. Apocalypse both refreshes 3 wounds but also extends the tier 20 buff further with the new zombros summoned. So, in some situations based upon talent build (unholy frenzy can fart with this) the 1 gcd delayed apo could be better for you. 

The tldr is as long as all your pets are up before you cast DT you are solid. The proper 1 GCD difference is going to vary slightly depending on gear and talent choice with talent choice depending on gear XD.

Edit 3: still unclear on 2 piece bonus effecting pets, one sources is saying it doesn't. will return when that is 100%. Also talent choice really really muddles the water further, there are so many exceptions to each rule @_@. For now sticking with first paragraph, BRW yes use pre DA, no BRW use after. not going to list every single combination here XD