FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Dklegends

New 2 set and old 4

Currently with only the old Nighthold set I'm at 906 equipped with belt/ring leggos. I have the new two piece now from ToS, the gloves and the cloak. If I equip the Gloves, it will replace a Nighthold tier piece and break-up my 4 set from T19. However, I have a helm from T19 to compensate for this loss of the 4 set bonus, but the helm is 880 compared to the 905 one I'm wearing now.

Is the 4 set from T19 worth the 25 ilvl drop (I drop to 904 equipped) in order to maintain the 4 set bonus along with my new 2 set bonus?

Edit: I actually simmed it, albeit only once, and to break the 4 set and keep the new 2 set is a dps loss. To keep the old 4 set w/o new 2 set vs having both new 2 set and old 4 set are equal in terms of dps. Although that is likely due to the large drop in ilvl.

Edited by Dklegends

I'm not sure the dps loss is to be looked at, rather than the survivability it could give you. You can't sim it, but you can try and see for yourself :).

On 6/25/2017 at 4:00 AM, genbag said:

I'm not sure the dps loss is to be looked at, rather than the survivability it could give you. You can't sim it, but you can try and see for yourself :).

Honestly this ^. I like the idea of tanks trying to contribute more dps wise however, that being said, blood really isn't a strong dps tank. Your first priority is to be able to survive. Once you get to the point where you feel attacks are like ping pong balls on you, then look to increasing dps, but living is so much more critical plus ya know that is the job of the tank XD