FORUMS
Damien

Inarius Bone Storm Necromancer

Nice to see the new format and quick reference. It'll be easier to quickly check gear and stuff now

Edit: After some testing I think I would like to have all variations gear visible in one place like it was before... also switchable buttons with skills variations were nice.  I mean I would like to have all 'to get' stuff on main build page and wall of text in other sections

Edited by Kaelos

I was running numbers on this build via d3planner and it looks like Efficacious Toxin ends up stronger than Pain Enhancer. The flat +10% damage taken worked out better than IAS which only seems to effect Grim Scythe. Also, putting the Shadowhook in the cube and using Corroded Fang with Leger's Disdain gives Grim Scythe another buff (minimum 120% damage boost). This is a pretty massive boost and the better base attack speed from using a 1-handed scythe makes both Bone Storm and Grim Scythe that much deadlier.

Eternal Torment over Swift Harvesting means longer up time for Kryspin's and Dayntee's. In theory, Tendril Nova would provide a lot of healing in this meleemancer build, but Frozen Lands certainly has it's draw thanks to infinite Corpse Lance and adding another proc for Kryspin's. I couldn't get a simulation for that one way or the other.

Does any of that make sense?

Edit 3: I also may have hit on a viable Thorns variant. Interested in your thoughts.

Edited by Unwyrden
typed faster than brain; new numbers based on live d3planner

Guest SkullKraken

What is the reasoning behind cubing the 1 handed scythe and equipping the 2 handed one? I would think you could do more damage with this build with more attack speed and some nice extra buffs from a well picked off hand. Just curious to know, I don't have enough gear yet to try it out myself.

during play, (only have four of the six pieces so far) I have noticed that this build seems to struggle without corpses to fuel it.

I had to swap my curse for skeletal mage/gift of death in order to generate corpses for my fight against Diablo. The fight was dragging on without it.

Guest Hecklezz
9 hours ago, Jerioke said:

during play, (only have four of the six pieces so far) I have noticed that this build seems to struggle without corpses to fuel it.

I had to swap my curse for skeletal mage/gift of death in order to generate corpses for my fight against Diablo. The fight was dragging on without it.

That is because you are not fully geared. Once you finish everything and use the 3 gems, you don't even need corpse lance other than on bosses but just use land of the dead for that, until like GR70+(from my experience).

I'll go ahead and field this one since nobody has yet. The answer to why the 2H is because Mirinae, Teardrop of the Starweaver scales off your weapon damage. If you aren't using that gem yet... try it. Unless it changed since beta somehow, this is the largest contributor to your damage. Why?

Inarius 6 set bonus.

Now if this has been nerfed since then somebody please let me know so I can go cry... also without that mechanic is calls the entire build into question. There was a 1H variant on beta, and it was actually the very first necro build ever posted on Diablofans. That may be stronger now I havn't gotten to test much on live yet.

Next question. Leger's DisdainLeger's Disdain only adds damage when it restores essence. Since you will be spending the majority of your time at full essence this is of very little help to you. You would be better off using Lost TimeLost Time or perhaps Lidless WallLidless Wall.

Lastly, yes it struggles with no corpses. It also has ramp up to Bone armor stacks. Dying on a RG is almost a fail scenario in high GR. You use Land of the DeadLand of the Dead to get momentuum going with no corpses so without a low CD on that decent gear otherwise it is going to feel pretty clunky.

If the gem has not been nerfed it is all moot because that is definitely superior to any other variant. Here is hoping.

Guest smoochy

Thank you very much for this guide.

I do have a question: Why is there no elemental damage on any of the items recommended? I have not been playing for nearly 18 months. What has changed or is so special with the Necromancer class, that it is not good to have any elemental damage on the items?

Thanks for your explanation.

Guest SkullKraken
2 hours ago, CptDraco said:

I'll go ahead and field this one since nobody has yet. The answer to why the 2H is because Mirinae, Teardrop of the Starweaver scales off your weapon damage. If you aren't using that gem yet... try it. Unless it changed since beta somehow, this is the largest contributor to your damage. Why?

Inarius 6 set bonus.

Now if this has been nerfed since then somebody please let me know so I can go cry... also without that mechanic is calls the entire build into question. There was a 1H variant on beta, and it was actually the very first necro build ever posted on Diablofans. That may be stronger now I havn't gotten to test much on live yet.

Next question. Leger's DisdainLeger's Disdain only adds damage when it restores essence. Since you will be spending the majority of your time at full essence this is of very little help to you. You would be better off using Lost TimeLost Time or perhaps Lidless WallLidless Wall.                   

Thanks for the explanation. I was thinking more attack speed means more mirinae procs, but that makes sense now. The attack speed boost from having a 1 handed weapon wouldn't make up for the damage boost you would get from a 2 handed weapon

Guest ZMA

Can some one explain the math pain enhancer vs bane of the powerful.

2 hours ago, Guest ZMA said:

Can some one explain the math pain enhancer vs bane of the powerful.

Pain Enhancer's bleed damage is currently buffed by the 6-pc set bonus. It creates a tertiary source of independent damage that is pretty significant. (ticking for around the same damage as your corpse lance hits)

8 hours ago, CptDraco said:

If you're right about this (likely since that's the description on the item itself) then the Thorns variant I stumbled on might be the stronger build.

Guest Sloth

What torment lvl is this applicable to? I'm running T9 and struggling with some elite packs (mind you I don't yet have to full cube set but I can't quite see how that would make such a major difference). Thanks

Guest Hecklezz
51 minutes ago, Guest Sloth said:

What torment lvl is this applicable to? I'm running T9 and struggling with some elite packs (mind you I don't yet have to full cube set but I can't quite see how that would make such a major difference). Thanks

Beyond T13, I am soloing GR70s with eeeeaase, not even using corpse lance very often other than against RGs. But it does require the whole build plus leveling up those 3 gems as they are a big source of your damage. 

1 hour ago, Guest Sloth said:

I've pushed this build beyond GR 70 without ancient gear pieces, you just need damage reduction in the form of the pieces and alternatives listed. Use a Unity if you don't yet have a Wisdom of Kalan!

Edited by Lazy

1 hour ago, Guest Sloth said:

I had no issues with 75 with no ancients and only low leveled gems (25-50).  I think you can interchange widsom and unity for soloing unless there is something with the math that i'm overlooking or something not mentioned .  I think unity would probably be better for soloing because you don't have to worry about bone armor stacks as much, but i'm not sure if the additional bone stacks provide additional damage from the 6 piece bonus.  I've noticed the graphic changes for the storm when i have fewer than 10 stacks and looks less dense but i'm not sure if this correlates with damage or gem procs. Anyone know?

Guest Grot

With absolutely basic gear just to put the build together i was able to do a GR 75 with time to spare. Probably even more but i will die too much. 

Was thinking - maybe Wreath of Lightning could be better than the pain enhancer or no? Anyone tried this?  

Guest Fairlight

Hei guys, quick question: While working on getting my last piece of this set, I ran Corpsewhisper PauldronsCorpsewhisper Pauldrons instead as it was the only Necromancer shoulder I had. Why is this not included in the build?

This would buff your damage pretty significant, as with good groups or while using Land of the dead, you are at 20 stacks the whole time, giving your Corpse LanceCorpse Lance Brittle TouchBrittle Touch 30%*20 = 600% more damage. 

I get that in the proper build it would be competing with Aquila CuirassAquila Cuirass, but am wondering if that is the only reason it is not included, or if there is something else I'm not seing?

Guest Mcnallyfargo
15 hours ago, Lazy said:

I've pushed this build beyond GR 70 without ancient gear pieces, you just need damage reduction in the form of the pieces and alternatives listed. Use a Unity if you don't yet have a Wisdom of Kalan!

Think I'm missing the damage reduction here. The skill of bone armor originally adds 3% per stack making it 45% with 15 stacks. Wouldn't a unity be better in the cube than Wisdom of kalan since unity reduces damage by half?

Guest Hecklezz
36 minutes ago, Guest Mcnallyfargo said:

Think I'm missing the damage reduction here. The skill of bone armor originally adds 3% per stack making it 45% with 15 stacks. Wouldn't a unity be better in the cube than Wisdom of kalan since unity reduces damage by half?

For solo Unity>Kalan (as seen by basically everyone on solo leaderboards using Unity lol), but in groups obviously Kalan>Unity.

@YridaaThanks for pointing this out, I will let Damien know. Also I fixed the quote. Sometime you have to delete the quote and re-add it, or open the code editor and insert the <p> tags yourself. 

• Like 1

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Starym
      It seems the fact that only Crusaders and Monks are getting new sets is bothering a fair amount of people and Nevalistis has replied to a forum thread titled "2 out of 7 classes are getting love!?", which is a pretty ironic title considering Barbarians are getting quite some affection this season as well (I suppose it's only love if there's sets involved... typical materialists!!1).

The explanation goes into why this way of releasing updates to the classes was chosen and what other ways were planned and then scrapped (although the reason behind the initial limitation is clearly because there aren't that many devs working on D3, as is to be expected - and hopefully the rest are all on D4):
      Season 19 New Additions (source)
      This is pretty good summary as to why. We really had two approaches we could have taken to bringing new stuff to the game:
      Release smaller patches that have something for everyone Release larger, more focused (and ideally better balanced) patches for 1-2 classes at a time We’ve opted for the latter because we think it makes a lot more sense on a lot of levels; we can focus on a particular art style, gameplay is more consolidated, and we’re at less risk of breaking more things at a time while we work. We knew this approach could be divisive, which is why we called it out in the blog from August. We didn’t want it to be a surprise.
      Class Sets in Diablo III greatly impact skills and gameplay style. Each needs room to breathe (and be thoroughly tested) as they’re implemented. And if we need to make changes to the ones we’re adding after your feedback, we need time to do that, too.
      Trying to juggle seven all at once was just outside scope, especially as supplemental Legendary powers need attention too. I won’t pretend we’re going to get it all right, but pacing ourselves accordingly makes that at least a little more likely.
      Header image source.
    • By Starym
      Update: we're also getting a new pet and portrait frame in addition to the reurning rewards from Season 7!

The next season's PTR will be up this Thursday and we have all the patch notes already! The big news is the new seasonal power, and it's a pretty solid one. The Pandemonuim effect will not only buff your speed and power (up to 50% speed and 100% damage) based on killstreak, but also has a combo effect depending on when you choose to end your killstreak (from massive frost novas, angels descending to help and more). All the effects are listed below and will scale based on the GR level as well, making them (hopefully) relevant in higher GRs as well.

We're also getting new sets! Crusaders and Monks will be getting them this season, with the other class ones arriving in later seasons, and there will be new and returning legendary powers that will synergize with the sets.

Barbarians also get a lot of tweaks to their legendary items, hopefully addressing the issues players have had with the class.
      New Pet (source)
      I totally forgot to put this in the patch notes, but just in the interest of visibility:
      Added a pet and portrait frame reward for completing the full Season Journey for Season 19
      This is similar to the Galactic Wings that were available during Season 17 and in addition to the returning Season rewards from Season 7 for completing Chapter IV

PTR Patch 2.6.7 (source)
      The one-week PTR testing period for 2.6.7 begins October 17 and we need your help to make Season 19 better than ever!
      We’ve begun introducing brand new class sets to Diablo III as outlined in our Ongoing Support blog, heavily revised several Barbarian Legendaries at the direct request of the community and continued to iterate on our approach to Seasonal buffs and how they can change up the overall gameplay experience. Take a look at the preliminary patch notes below and start theorycrafting; Patch 2.6.7 will be arriving before the end of the year!

PATCH 2.6.7
      Table of Contents:
      General Seasons Items Monsters Bug Fixes Note: All changes apply to all versions of Diablo III, including PS4, Xbox One, Switch, and PC unless otherwise indicated. Please note that PTR is only available for PC and Mac users.

General
      Greater Rift Keystones are now subject to vacuum pick-up A note regarding the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) has been added, clearly stating we do not sell account information. For more information regarding the CCPA, please see here. (Console Only) Return to Top

Seasons
      Developer Note: One of the biggest pieces of feedback from Season 18's buff was that the Triune bonus didn't stick with your character while you adventured. With Season 19, we've altered course as well as upped the ante by experimenting with new mechanics to add an element of both chaos and power to the battlefield. It should feel a bit like Pandemonium, and it may be a consideration whether or not you want to reset your total kill streak for a particular killstreak bonus versus continuously maintain the overall effect (especially as the highest level killstreak rewards will be harder to leverage in situations like Greater Rifts). Killstreaks with higher kill count requirements are more powerful, and we're looking forward to seeing what players think of and do with them! The buff for Season 19, the Season of Eternal Conflict, has been added Pandemonium For the duration of the Season, all players will have a stacking buff that that persists as long as you have hit or killed a monster within the last 5 seconds Each stack gives 0.05% movement speed and 0.1% bonus damage. This bonus caps at 50% movement and 100% damage (1000 stacks) In addition, after reaching a certain number of kills in a row, a power is unleashed, dealing an amount of scaling damage based on player level and difficulty or Greater Rift level: 15 Kills: Five massive energy twisters are unleashed 30 Kills: Dark Geysers form beneath enemies 50 Kills: Exploding Chickens seek and destroy 100 Kills: Corpses rain from the sky 150 Kills: A wide Frost Nova freezes enemies 200 Kills: Treasure chests fall from the sky 300 Kills: A ring of fire engulfs everything 400 Kills: Meteors hail from above 500 Kills: Angels descend upon the battlefield to fight for your cause 1000 Kills: ??? Powers are tracked at a group level; this means only one power can be active in play at a time, regardless of the number of players in a group Return to Top

Items
      Developer Note: With Patch 2.6.7, we are beginning to roll out new class sets for every class in Diablo III. For the Season of Eternal Conflict, we're focusing on the two classes that embody the Light and wield some form of Holy elemental damage: Crusader and Monk. You'll also find a handful of retuned or newly added Legendary powers intended to synergize with the new class sets. We did a lot of community research into which skills were most requested by players as well as most underrepresented in current builds, and we hope you're as excited as we are for these new gameplay options. The other class sets will be coming in later patches, so if your class isn't represented this time around, fret not—they're coming in a future patch! You'll also notice a significant number of Barbarian item changes in this patch. While the Barbarian class set will be coming at a later date, we have very much heard the War Cry from our dedicated Barbarian community and implemented a number of changes heavily inspired by extremely thorough feedback. While not every suggestion has been taken at a 1:1 parity, the thoughtful analysis helped guide us to changes we could implement in this patch. Thanks very much to the community members who expressed their concerns in a respectful, constructive manner. It's very helpful, and we greatly appreciate the thought and effort that went into making your voices heard! New Crusader Set: Aegis of Valor 2-Piece Bonus: The charged bolts from Fist of the Heavens has a chance to cast another Fist of the Heavens 4-Piece Bonus: Hitting with Fist of the Heavens reduces damage taken by 1% for 5 seconds. Stacks up to 50 times 6-Piece Bonus: Increase the damage of Fist of the Heavens by 10,000% New Monk Set: Patterns of Justice 2-Piece Bonus: Sweeping Wind gains the effect of every rune 4-Piece Bonus: Each enemy within Sweeping Wind increases your movement speed by 5%. Stacks up to 10 times. 6-Piece Bonus: Attacking with Tempest Rush while Sweeping Wind is active will temporarily increase the size of Sweeping Wind after hitting over 30 times within a short period. Sweeping Wind damage is increased by 10,000% Darklight Fist of the Heavens has a [45-60%] 100% chance to be cast twice. Additional Legendary Power: Increases the damage of Fist of the Heavens by [200-250%]. The Eye of the Storm New Legendary Power: When Sweeping Wind hits exactly 1 enemy, its damage is increased by 100%. Vengeful Wind Increases the maximum stack count of Sweeping Wind by [6-7] 10 Additional Legendary Power: Increases the damage of Sweeping Wind by [250-300%] Chantodo's Resolve The scaled attack speed damage bonus to Wave of Destruction has been reduced Developer Note: This is a reactive adjustment from an earlier change to how Wave of Destruction receives a bonus from Attack Speed. The buff that resulted from that change was more than we expected, so we're reigning it in. Wrath of the Wastes 6-Piece Bonus: The damage bonus now also applies to Rend Lamentation Additional Legendary Power: Increases the damage of Rend by [150-200%] Ambo's Pride New Legendary Power: Attacking with Whirlwind also applies Rend and the total damage of Rend is dealt over 1 second Remorseless Hammer of the Ancients has a [25-30%] chance to summon an Ancient for 20 seconds New Legendary Power: While both Wrath of the Berserker and Call of the Ancients are active, Hammer of the Ancients deals [200-250%] more damage. Fjord Cutter You are surrounded by a Chilling Aura when attacking. New Legendary Power: Seismic Slam attacks 50% faster and also deals 100-150% increased damage against Slowed or Chilled enemies Bracers of Destruction Seismic Slam deals [400-500%] increased damage to the first 5 10 enemies it hits. Fury of the Ancients Call of the Ancients gains the effect of the Ancients' Fury rune and your Ancients attack 100% faster Bone Ringer Now has a cap of 60 stacks. Developer Note: We never intended for this item to be used in a way where you farm stacks for an egregious amount of time (5+ minutes) and then watch all their health disappear in less than a second. It's not an engaging style of gameplay, and we don't want that experience to be the best way to play the Necromancer. Legacy of Dreams This gem is now more likely to drop from a Greater Rift Guardian Return to Top

Monsters
      Blighter Blighter's Poison Tentacles' Area of Effect now hits less frequently, but at higher damage, when attacking players Return to Top

Bug Fixes
      Spite Fixed an issue where casting Restless Giant would cause the 200% physical bonus damage to fail to apply when the Gargantuan enraged Squirt's Necklace Fixed an issue where some ground effects were causing the Squirt's Necklace buff to fall off despite being shielded Return to Top

How to Participate
      To participate in the public test, you must have a Diablo III game license attached to a Battle.net account in good standing (i.e. one that hasn't been suspended or banned). In addition, you will also need to download and install the Blizzard Battle.net desktop app if you have not already done so.
      Step 1: Restart the Battle.net desktop app.
      Step 2: Navigate to the Diablo III tab on the left-hand menu.
      Step 3: On the Diablo III screen, there is a drop-down menu right above the "Play" button (note that this may say "Install" if you do not have Diablo III currently installed). Select "PTR: Diablo III" from this drop-down menu before proceeding.
      Step 4: Click Install to begin the installation process.
      Your PTR account will be created automatically if you do not already have one. The PTR is available in all supported languages, and accounts from all regions are eligible to participate. For additional assistance with installing and launching the PTR, click here.
      Return to Top

PTR Character Copy
      The option to copy your existing Diablo III characters from your live account to the PTR will be available and can be done directly through the PTR client. However, only one region per account can be copied at a time. So, if you choose to copy characters from your account in a different region, any previously copied PTR characters will be lost.
      Step 1: Log into the live game and then log out.
      Step 2: Log into PTR client and create a level 1 character. After you're done, return to the main character screen.
      Step 3: Click on the "PTR Copy" button located in the upper right-hand corner. (The PTR Copy button will not appear in-game until you have created a new level 1 character.)
      Step 4: Select your region.
      Step 5: Click "Copy." This will copy all characters on your account from the selected region.
      Step 6: You will be disconnected from the PTR client.
      Step 7: Log back in. Your copied characters will be available for play.
      Please note that you can only copy characters from one gameplay region at a time. If you choose to copy characters from a different region, any previously copied PTR characters will be lost. In addition, you can only copy characters over to your PTR account once every 24 hours. Attempting to copy characters before this cooldown is up will result in an error.
      Return to Top

As this is a test server, please anticipate uneven game performance, and note that restarts and downtime may occur without warning. Thank you, and we look forward to your feedback!

A killstreak-based seasonal power, new Crusader and Monk sets, Barbarian reworks and more!
    • By Stan
      This week's Challenge Rift 120 revolves around Demon Hunters.
      Challenge Rift 120 EU
      Gear
      Visage of Gunes Rakoff's Glass of Life + Gogok of Swiftness (Rank 57) Strongarm Bracers Elusive Ring + Legacy of Dreams (Rank 53) Pandemonium Loop + Pain Enhancer (Rank 61) Karlei's Point + Holy Point Shot Kanai's Cube Powers
      Dawn Aquila Cuirass Elusive Ring Skills
      VengeanceSeethe ImpaleRicochet PreparationInvigoration Shadow PowerGloom VaultRattling Roll CompanionBat Companion  
      Passives
      Sharpshooter Tactical Advantage Custom Engineering Awareness Impale is your main damage-dealing ability. You won't have any problems with toughness this week. You can Vault through Elites to proc your Strongarm Bracers and deal increased damage. Vengeance is going to have permanent uptime thanks to Gogok of Swiftness. For more information on layout, check out Mnemonic's video guide linked below.
      Challenge Rift 120 US
      Gear
      Andariel's Visage Dovu Energy Trap Mantle of Channeling Aquila Cuirass Frostburn Sanguinary Vambraces Hellcat Waistguard Depth Diggers Irontoe Mudsputters Convention of Elements + Bane of the Trapped (Rank 76) Unity + Legacy of Dreams (Rank 76) Leonine Bow of Hashir + Sin Seekers Kanai's Cube Powers
      Echoing Fury Cindercoat Squirt's Necklace Skills
      VengeanceSeethe GrenadeCluster Grenades Rapid FireWithering Fire Rain of VengeanceShade CompanionBat Companion Shadow PowerBlood Moon Passives
      Sharpshooter Ambush Grenadier Single Out Spam Vengeance, Companion, and Shadow Power every time they're up. Grenades will do your most damage, so throw them as you walk to kill trash. Use Rapid Fire for high single-target damage output on Elites or the Guardian. Cast Rain of Vengeance on Elites. Here's Raxx with his clear of the rift.
    • By Stan
      The drop chance of Legacy of Dreams from Greater Rift Guardians will be increased in Season 19. A suggestion has been passed on to the dev team to include the gem, which replicates the Legacy of Nightmares buff, in the Haedrig's Gift cache.
      The increased drop chance means the gem will have a higher priority to drop from the Greater Rift Guardians as outlined in the blue post below.
      Blizzard (Source)
      Hello everyone,
      In this post I just want to discuss my views on two different approaches for starting a season, and why adding a reworked Legacy of Dreams gem to the 3rd Haedrig reward makes sense.
      As noted, I feel there are two sorts of progressive players in D3. First, you have players that want to take sets, whatever is the most powerful, and just go for it out of the gate. Next, you have a group of players who prefer the slow grind of gathering different pieces of loot for a more player driven build.
      Right now, the first option is the only relevant option if you want to compete out of the gate.
      By allowing Legacy of Dreams to drop with Haedrigs gift, and re-balancing as a level 50 max gem rather than level 99, you fully open up the option for players to hit the ground running with Legacy of Dreams.
      I see absolutely no negative to these two changes, but wanted to see what the community thought?
      Thank you!
      That’s certainly a thought. I’ll pass the feedback on to the development team.
      I will note, however, in the next patch, we are going to increase the drop rate for Legacy of Dreams from Greater Rift Guardians. It’s a little low currently and hopefully that will help with the feeling that this gem is too scarce. We’ll give that a go first and see if we need to re-evaluate after.
      Is this to be interpreted as making it drop sooner when you first start collecting the gems?
      Correct. While you’ll get it eventually even with bad RNG by process of elimination, this change should make it more likely to drop sooner rather than later.
      Again, not guaranteed; random is still random and bad luck still happens. But it should be better after the update.
    • By RelliksPast
      Introduction
      This build is fairly interesting, and relies on two commonly overlooked aspects of the Necromancer's kit. The first being Maltorius' Petrified Spike, a legendary item that boosts your bone spear by 700%, and Bone SpearTeeth, a skill that sprays half the map in death and shoddy dentistry. The Spike itself has fairly terrible stats, but it's unique ability and enough intelligence make up for this aspect.

Gameplay and Strategy
      This is a very easy build to execute and yields extraordinarily high results. It's more of a medium range build, with plenty of variance as it only relies on a small combo. The rest of the build is mostly just to optimize the amount that you can use Bone SpearTeeth and making sure you survive well, with a fair bit of boss killers, such as Command SkeletonsFrenzy and Corpse LanceBrittle Touch. You can alter the range and play style with substitutions, and overall this is a very solid and general build for beginners and experienced players alike. 

Your main combo rotation is going to be using  SimulacrumReservoir and spamming Bone SpearTeeth. Then follow up with Corpse LanceBrittle Touch to finish off any remaining units. Corpse lance does not consume any essence to cast, and is very resource efficient while still dishing out significant damage. You may ask, why pick these runes. Well, Reservoir provides more resource, Brittle Touch helps with higher health bosses, and Teeth is actually a bit complicated. Now this may be a bug, but it certainly seems like the splinters from Bone SpearTeeth do too much damage, especially when combined with Maltorius' Petrified Spike. Because of this damage, you can easily clear massive waves and bosses alike. 
      Your other core skill is going to be Blood Rush. Every class ought to have a mobility skill in order to more efficiently clear floors and to speed up your farming. I prefer to use Molting to start a Corpse Lance chain in adventure runs, but the rune you choose is mostly up to preference. Potency is also a powerful rune, especially if you choose the close range variant of this build

Other skills include your essence regain, either Grim ScytheDual Scythes or Siphon BloodPower Shift.  I like Dual Scythes simply because its a larger area (and therefor more essence), pulls enemies in front of you, and efficiently lines up the highest damage Bone SpearTeeth. An alternative to Dual Scythes is Grim ScytheExecution or Grim ScytheCursed ScytheSiphon BloodPower Shift is an excellent choice for melting bosses when low on essence. Other options include Siphon BloodSuppress, Siphon BloodBlood Sucker, or Bone SpikesBlood Spikes. Your choice of basic attack will determine your range for this build. Keep in mind that Teeth does more damage close up (like a shotgun) but due to Maltorius' Petrified Spike you can still use it at a range to great effect. For your non-combo damage ability, you want to choose based on your range. If you choose Siphon Blood, pick Command Skeletons with either Frenzy or Kill Command. If you choose Grim Scythe, go with either Bone ArmorDislocation or Death NovaBlight. Death nova does significant AOE damage, while Bone Armor is primarily a defensive skill, especially useful to preserve your Blood Rush cooldown. I personally prefer Frenzy for ranged and Bone ArmorDislocation for a closer range build. 

Passives
      Your passives will once again depend on your variant of the build. You will want Overwhelming Essence and Blood is Power regardless, but the other two slots will vary.  Overwhelming Essence and Blood is Power are both integral skills to any ability and cooldown-based build. You want to minimize your cooldowns, and despite the intimidating requirement of Blood is Power, it triggers rather often. It counts premitigation damage, meaning damage before your armor and resistances. In any high level battle, you will proc this passive often. Overwhelming Essence is rather straightforward, as it simply increases your resource. 

For the close range variant, I would recommend Stand Alone and Draw Life. Together, these passives will make you significantly more bulky and make up for a lack of sustain within your skills. An alternative to Draw Life is taking Life from Death and DevourSatiated over Corpse LanceBrittle Touch. This will somewhat lower your damage to bosses, but provide for more spam and sustain overall. 
      For the range variant, I would Aberrant Animator and Final Service. These both combine nicely with your Command Skeletons, while Final Service helps to improve your general lack of tankiness. Aberrant Animator gives your skeletons double your Thorns damage, while Final Service is your cheat death mechanic. 
      Skill list
      A- Grim ScytheDual Scythes/Siphon BloodPower Shift
      B- Bone SpearTeeth
      X-  Command SkeletonsFrenzy/ Command SkeletonsKill Command/Bone ArmorDislocation/Death NovaBlight
      Y-  Corpse LanceBrittle Touch
      ZL-SimulacrumReservoir
      ZR-Blood RushMolting/Blood RushPotency

Passives
      Overwhelming Essence Blood is Power Stand Alone / Aberrant Animator Draw Life / Life from Death / Final Service  
      Now, into the parts that honestly don't matter nearly as much. Most of the build is in your hands, now this is just the nitpicky optimizations that I will honestly spend far too much/little time on. For the next sections I will be discussing gear, gems, Kanai's Cube, and paragon points. 
      For Gear I recommend going for a Legacy of Dreams build. This is rather standard, gives you an insane damage boost, and overall is versatile and workable. Make sure that you haveMaltorius' Petrified Spike. Another recommendation is your helm. Leoric's Crown is ideal for general battling, but Broken Crown is my preference for base gem farming, for hopefully obvious reasons. Honestly, just use common sense. LoD builds are incredibly player dependent, and you can build them just about however you want. Just prioritize whatever will feed into the general gameplan of spamming SimulacrumReservoir and Bone SpearTeeth. 
      For Kanai's Cube, you want to slot in Reilena's Shadowhook as your weapon, Krysbin's Sentence for jewlery, and the worse of either Reaper's Wraps or Nemesis Bracers. Shadowhook scales your damage based on your maximum essence, and with Overwhelming Essence and SimulacrumReservoir you're pretty well maxed out on your essence. 
      For Paragon Points you want to basically use common sense. This build is an ability spam build with limited sustain. Play to that. For example, you want to invest heavily into Essence, Cost Reduction, and Cooldown reduction. As far as defense, I recommend investing in armor so that Blood is Power is easier to proc. 
      For  Gems you should put Bane of the Trapped, Enforcer, and Legacy of Dreams in your ring slots. Zei's Stone of Vengeance is a solid alternative. For your Helm, slot in  Flawless Royal Topaz to provide resource cost reduction or Flawless Royal Diamond for CDR. Personally, since this is a teeth build you should go Topaz. For your weapon, you should go Flawless Royal Topaz if going the ranged build, and Flawless Royal Emerald for the close range build. And for your other slots, you should go (you guessed it) Flawless Royal Topaz. In my honest opinion, Topaz is the best base gem for necromancer. It provides Intelligence, thorns, and resource reduction. Sure, the thorns are only especially ridiculous with Aberrant Animator but once again, topaz is a godsend for Necromancer. 

Changelog: 10/2/19 Fixed some grammar errors, clarified poor usage, and added more details to the build