FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Ohhdang

Build for a new BM Hunter?

Hi guys, I've been doing a little reading around the forums and I see a lot debate about the two main builds for BM hunters (DF/BF or Stomp/OWTP). I'm a new hunter that just hit 110 a couple of days ago and I was wondering which build in most cases would yield the best results? I hear people saying that the Stomp build is best with T19 2-piece but I don't even have that so am I better off just going with the DF/BF build? Also, if anyone has any information on which build is best for mythic+ I would gladly appreciate it. Thanks!

Since you don't have T19 2pc, your best bet would be to aim to gear up as much as possible in ToS and just go for the DF/BF build, unless you want to spend the time farming NH first, but you'd have to do heroic/mythic to have anything even remotely close to catching up with normal ToS gear in DF/BF build

Stomp build is only viable with T19 2pc so unless you're willing to farm for that, it's not worth playing it.

Hmmmm we're missing some important information. Having just hit 110 is this an alt or a main? Are you even in a guild? It may be unrealistic to expect to get tier gear without a proper raiding guild, since you're not likely to find pugs willing to carry you if you're low ilvl. Assuming you won't have any tier gear for a while, you should definitely use Dire Frenzy and Bestial Fury.

For Mythic+ I like using Blink Strikes instead of Bestial Fury, which makes Beast Cleave much stronger. It's particularly good if you have a low uptime of Bestial Wrath.

Ohh I forgot to mention that information. So basically my hunter is an alt that I started to main after not playing for a few months so no guild or anything like that. At least not yet. I'm still pretty low in terms of ilvl. I just hit 110 two days ago and I've been able to get to 870 ilvl and was lucky enough to get 2 T20 pieces (gloves/pants) from the raid finder that just came out this week. I will most likely be running Mythic+ until I can get geared enough to do some raiding in ToS. Also, I looted the legendary boots as my first legendary just yesterday. Would that have any effect on using the Stomp build over DF/BF or no?

6 hours ago, Ohhdang said:

Ohh I forgot to mention that information. So basically my hunter is an alt that I started to main after not playing for a few months so no guild or anything like that. At least not yet. I'm still pretty low in terms of ilvl. I just hit 110 two days ago and I've been able to get to 870 ilvl and was lucky enough to get 2 T20 pieces (gloves/pants) from the raid finder that just came out this week. I will most likely be running Mythic+ until I can get geared enough to do some raiding in ToS. Also, I looted the legendary boots as my first legendary just yesterday. Would that have any effect on using the Stomp build over DF/BF or no?

Stomp is only viable if you have 2pc T19 so don't stress about what build to run, just go DF/BF. Boots won't change your talent choice, but just try and use KC then DF so you get the cooldown reduction as much as possible.