FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Gomram

5.4 Bm hunter help

I am at an ilvl 511 BM hunter. Hit 7.54 exp 7.53 hast 17.41 crit 17.56 mastery 38.16
my issue is that my DPS is at 60k dps. which for my ilvl is complete crap.
I start with:
hunters mark
SS
murder of crows
stampede
rapid fire
Blood Fury ( orc racial )
beastial wrath
KC
glaives
cobra shot
arcane shot
KC

normal rotation after burst
cobra to keep up SS
KC whenever off CD
glaive whenever off CD
Bestial whenever off cd
arcane shot to not cap fury
repeat.
I just don't know what im doing wrong

Edit: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/malganis/Gomram/advanced

Edited by Gomram

What spec pet are you using? Also, I plugged you into "AskMrRobot" and he had a lot to say about your reforging. I highly recommend you try him out for your gemming, enchanting and reforging.

That's kind of unusual to be doing as much dps as you are doing. Probably have to look at your logs or your gameplay of some sort, but I dont see anything wrong with reforges or gemming but personally I dont ever use a gem as a hunter unless there is agility on it.

With that said at the end of a fight your most damaging abilities should be your pets autoattack, your pets focus ability(bite/claw whichever), and kill command or autoshot should be the 3rd. So it could be that your pet is the wrong spec or your pet is on passive the entire time and you have forgotten. Pet spec should always be Ferocity. Rapid should be always on as well on your pet.

Another thing although I dont think its the case here but you should not consume Focus Fire under the effects of Bestial Wrath as its better to let your pet keep the attack speed and try to active Bestial Wrath so you can always use kill command at the bare minimum of once. 

As a BM hunter at least 30-40% of your damage is your pet so I am assuming its revolving around your pet, whether it be on passive or on tank spec or its dying. You want to check that out also if you are switching to adds your pet maybe switching targets late and the target having died during that time it took to switch.

Edited by trieu

A few things I'm going to point out:

Your secondary  stat priority should be Hit and Exp 7.5% > Crit > Haste > Mastery and you should be reforging as much into crit as possible.

I'm not using AmoC because I personally get better numbers with Blink Strikes for some reason.

Now secondly your rotation is a priority order system, this assumes that you have hunters mark on the target at all times:

KC > Kill Shot (When target is below 20%) > Serpent Sting >Glaive Toss > Dire Beast > Focus Fire at 5 stacks.

You also want to use Rapid Fire, Stampede, Beastial Wrath and the pet spell Rabid as much as possible during the encounter. Try to macro Beastial Wrath and Rabid together because every other time Rabid will come off CD at the same time as Beastial Wrath and popping these together is a major damage boost. Make SURE to track these cooldowns though! you do not want to be delaying these for more than a few seconds. Another thing you should be doing is pooling your focus to near max before popping Beastial Wrath and then using KC right after you pop it and spamming arcane shot all the way through until the next KC which will take maximum advantage of your Beastial Wrath and this way you get to use KC twice in it's duration.

Here is what I got on a dummy in 520 ilevel without 4 piece or the legendary with 128k DPS:

qDthAo5.jpg

As you can see, your pet should be doing most of your damage. This is approximately what your damage meter should look like. Let me know if you have any questions or suggestions to perhaps improve mine own gameplay!

Edited by Rivenscryr

I often read the threads on here but I never have posted anything myself so this is my first post on here so please bare with me. I took a break for about a year and have been back for about 6 weeks now and I'm trying to get back into the swing of things and shake the rust off and help out my raid team as much as possible...

I wanted to get thoughts/opinions on my reforging/gemming, I recently reforged/gemmed using Mr. Robot's recommendation which is Haste Crit Mast. Just wondering if I did this too early and should have waited til I got my 4pc T16 and better gear?? Should I go back to Crit Haste Mast. Thanks in advance for any advice and opinions.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/azuremyst/Snipedatass/advanced

Edited by Snipe

It is true that Haste was better at higher levels of gear in 5.3. This was partly because Haste was affecting trinket proc rates. As of 5.4 though, they have nerfed RPPM and so for hunters, our stat priority is back to Crit > Haste > Mastery. Another reason for this I think is the 'nerf' to Arcane Shot. Arcane Shot has lost its effectivness for every focus spent compared to as it was before so having all that focus doesn't really help as much as it did. Haste being the second stat though, I think we will still get enough of it.

Would love to get someone else's opinion on this as well!

What you say about priorities is true for survival but Haste and crit are on par, if not haste pulling ahead slightly, for BM which is what Snipe looks to play most.

Crit is better for the fact you are less likely to waste it, what I mean is if you delay shots by any amount of time, you are wasting your hastes hard work. So if you have high latency, crit will serve you better.

But as said, they are both close so I would try them both in game and see which feels nicer to play (because you are more likely to play it better!) and which produces higher numbers FOR YOU, rather than what the sims say.

Thx for another interesting thread. I use recount for dmg meter but it doesnt produce the nice graph that rivenscryr has. How can you make those?

looks more like skada than recount, to do that you just click your bar in the list and it will show you the breakdown like in the screen shot, Recount does the same thing but shows a pie chart instead of bar graph, so just click your bar in the dps meter and it will open :)

I used to roll with recount and just recently switched to Skada. I have a pretty high end PC and with recount I had issues with frame rates dropping and what appeared to be video rendering lag at the start of the fight but would tapper back to nice and smooth about 20 seconds or so later.

After switching to Skada and only selecting the modules that I want to track (I don't heal on any toons... at all), all that went away. Smooth as silk now. smile.png

Edited by f0nZi3